Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Wi-Fi calling was working fine for me on my home network for the first few weeks I had the GN4. I was away last week for Thanksgiving and since getting back on Monday afternoon, Wi-Fi calling is no longer working. I have the `Network connection error' message in my notification bar. The GN4 is connected to my Wi-Fi network since I can surf the web but for some reason it won't make calls (WFC is turned on). Anyone know any possible fixes? The GN4 is my first WFC-capable phone so this is my first time with this problem.

Wi-Fi calling was working fine for me on my home network for the first few weeks I had the GN4. I was away last week for Thanksgiving and since getting back on Monday afternoon, Wi-Fi calling is no longer working. I have the `Network connection error' message in my notification bar. The GN4 is connected to my Wi-Fi network since I can surf the web but for some reason it won't make calls (WFC is turned on). Anyone know any possible fixes? The GN4 is my first WFC-capable phone so this is my first time with this problem.

I had this problem on my Sharp Aquos Crystal a few weeks ago. I turned off WiFi calling capability and did a hard reboot. After it rebooted back up, I turned back on WiFi calling capability and it worked again. Haven't had an issue since.

Don't know if that will help you with a GN4. But I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm having issues on Wifi calling at work where it has always worked before, too, so maybe it is an intermittent Sprint thing.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/179757?start=15&tstart=0

Surprised Sprint support hasn't suggested updating profile yet....

Instead of throwing out generic answers, I wish they would appear to notice that maybe there is a widespread problem and notify techs about it!?

I also wish Sprint would work with Samsung on getting a firmware update rolled out.  Some carrier Note 4s have received 2 already.  A number of us and other forum users have had some strange network things going on.  Maybe it is a sign they are working on something. (but again Sprint support giving generic answers doesn't help pass along feedback)

• Like 1

If anyone has an issue waiting for their Note 4 trade in promo rebate from Samsung/Prizelogic, from a post on androidcentral.com, they suggested contacting Prizelogic on Facebook.  Next morning I get a response saying my rebate was approved :)

Better than waiting a week for my FAQ response to my email that didn't answer my question about my specific rebate.

Also, my WiFi calling is working now.

Also, if you live above 3000' or so elevation, try this and see what you get. Dial *#0*# go into sensors and see what your barometric sensor reads. I think there is either a hardware issue or a firmware bug where at higher elevations, it doesn't initialize properly and doesn't work. When I am below about 3000' and reboot, it starts working normally again. Second phone that has this exact same symptom at nearly identical elevations. There should be a value near your elevation displayed and the value reported should constantly fluctuate like the other sensors output you will see on that screen.

Anyone tried speakerphone while on a wifi call? Everyone I talk to says they can hear themselves echoing, but a regular network call is fine.

I use speakerphone often and have not had anyone say anything like that. In fact, I'm happy with the speakerphone performance on the GN4.  I get less "what did you say?" questions from people than I used to when using speakerphone on my S4.

I believe he was saying that speakerphone quality is nad while on wifi calling. Cant comment as I have not used speakerphone while on wifi calling. Ill test it out next time I use wifi calling

This is a bit off for SLC

626f3d0c0640dbe1c1ffe4df9eaf8156.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Mine always passes the self test as well. You have the same issue. That value will never change as long as you are in SLC. Won't even fluctuate.

I believe he was saying that speakerphone quality is nad while on wifi calling.

Yes, and as I said I have not had any problems with speakerphone quality -  including when using WFC.

I believe he was saying that speakerphone quality is nad while on wifi calling. Cant comment as I have not used speakerphone while on wifi calling. Ill test it out next time I use wifi calling

Aside from the echo that the other end can hear while on a Wi-Fi call, the speakerphone quality is great.

Having the following issue on both my GN4s/

When doing a reboot or a full shutdown/powerup some of the folders I created get emptied. Folders themselves remain but the apps reset back to alpha order. This is only happening on the apps directory NOT in the home screens; those stay put.

One was purchased from Best Buy 3 weeks ago the other last week from Sprint directly.

Any suggestions?

Phone will not "wake up" once screen is off. Not with power or home button. Have to pull battery. Noticed I had touchwiz crash and also android crash. SD card not reading either.

I had this happen with mine. Had to get it replaced. Apparently it's a known issue with some samsung devices.

I had this happen with mine. Had to get it replaced. Apparently it's a known issue with some samsung devices.

Now it will power cycle and get stuck on Spark screen, then when finally boots up after about 30 min it will say Process system has stopped working or timed out something like that.

Now it will power cycle and get stuck on Spark screen, then when finally boots up after about 30 min it will say Process system has stopped working or timed out something like that.

Mine was only having the wake up issue. I'd be taking it in to a sprint repair center asap!

Mine was only having the wake up issue. I'd be taking it in to a sprint repair center asap!

So I have had my gn4 for a bit now my only complaint is RF performance. I've tried changing band priorities and it still doesn't perform that well. My gn2 is far superior. I don't understand how Samsung can neglect such an important piece of hardware on their flagship device? It baffles me to be honest. Other than that I couldn't be happier! Maybe an update will drop the that will help but who knows?

So I have had my gn4 for a bit now my only complaint is RF performance. I've tried changing band priorities and it still doesn't perform that well. My gn2 is far superior. I don't understand how Samsung can neglect such an important piece of hardware on their flagship device? It baffles me to be honest. Other than that I couldn't be happier! Maybe an update will drop the that will help but who knows?

Agreed... Probably a good thing I don't have another Spark handset in my possession to compare it to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD