Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Check your system update!!! Marshmallow is here!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

c40770a076db925537d43dc2b59a53d2.jpg

Note 4 and 5 at the same damn time!!!

Wow, that was like out the blue. Glad though. 

Good timing. I just had to go back to my Note 4 yesterday because the screen on my Moto X cracked. Guess I won't have to look at the Walmart spinner again for much longer.

Does this update have any changes regarding signal. I notice I have a stronger signal now on the Note 4. 

Don't go by the bars.  There's a new algorithm for the signal bars in newer Sprint updates.

Unless you are reporting it based on SignalCheck app.

• Like 1

Haven't seen it yet-- this PocketNow article says it may be only a limited 'soak test?'

http://pocketnow.com/2016/03/24/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note-5-note-4-marshmallow-updates

Haven't seen it yet-- this PocketNow article says it may be only a limited 'soak test?'

http://pocketnow.com/2016/03/24/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note-5-note-4-marshmallow-updates

Did you manually check for an update? I've always received any updates immediately doing that, don't wait for the prompt to come up.

jreuschl, you were right.  It is downloading now- but my connection is so bad that while 19% complete my phone says 9+ hr.s to complete...

I finally had to go to OB and park near a know tower to get the 2 1/2 hr. download.  Updated now-- I also noticed the increased number of signal strength bars.  If I hadn't kept up here I would have thought Marshmallow had somehow increased my phone sensitivity.

• Like 1

Has anybody else had any trouble with random reboots since the upgrade? It seems mine has been rebooting on its own about 3 times per day. I know I should do a factory reset to get a clean install, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this same problem?

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

Has anybody else had any trouble with random reboots since the upgrade? It seems mine has been rebooting on its own about 3 times per day. I know I should do a factory reset to get a clean install, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this same problem?

Sent from my Note 4

I had a few.. And that was with a clean install.

I'm trying a freshly formatted different SD card in case that caused anything.

Well the update has improved RF signal. The phone would get 'no-service' in an area of our College now after the update I get 2 bars of service. I know that bars doesn't mean anything but it doesn't say 'no-service'.

• Like 1

Sent from my Note 4

I had a few.. And that was with a clean install.

I'm trying a freshly formatted different SD card in case that doesn't anything.

Did either of you two see success? Mine started rebooting about 2 days ago.  It's highly frustrating.  I'm about ready to take it to store and see if they can do anything about it. I did a factory reset right after the marshmallow update installed and it seemed to work fine for the first 4 days.  Then suddenly Monday night it started with the reboots and hasn't stopped since. 

Same issue here, brought it to the store. They ordered a replacement without even looking at it after I told them about the rebooting problem after MM update. Said they've had numerous customers with the same problem

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did either of you two see success? Mine started rebooting about 2 days ago. It's highly frustrating. I'm about ready to take it to store and see if they can do anything about it. I did a factory reset right after the marshmallow update installed and it seemed to work fine for the first 4 days. Then suddenly Monday night it started with the reboots and hasn't stopped since.

I haven't done a factory reset yet, but it seems like it has been rebooting less often than it had. I think it only did it once yesterday.

Will Sprint order a replacement even if it's past the warranty? Mine has long since run out. I bought it on launch day.

Sent from my Note 4

I haven't done a factory reset yet, but it seems like it has been rebooting less often than it had. I think it only did it once yesterday.

Will Sprint order a replacement even if it's past the warranty? Mine has long since run out. I bought it on launch day.

Sent from my Note 4

I went ahead and did a factory reset on it yesterday.  It rebooted once after that, but it hasn't happened since.  I'm out of town right now anyway so I could take it to a store. But if it happens again today I'll be stopping by my local sprint shop on the way back home. 

Where is the doze settings on the Note 4 after the update?

There's no specific Doze setting.  It's on by default.  You can go into Settings>Battery>App Power Saving and click the detail button to set when power saving kicks in for each individual app installed.  But doze is running all the time. 

Sent from my Note 4

As long as you're paying for TEP ($11/Mo. Insurance) you're good to go for a replacement regardless of warranty status. Bear in mind the first 2 repairs/replacements in a calendar year are free. Any subsequent repair/replacements would be 25 dollars plus tax.

If you aren't paying for TEP, in-warranty and out of warranty replacements are 75 dollars plus tax. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

As long as you're paying for TEP ($11/Mo. Insurance) you're good to go for a replacement regardless of warranty status. Bear in mind the first 2 repairs/replacements in a calendar year are free. Any subsequent repair/replacements would be 25 dollars plus tax.

If you aren't paying for TEP, in-warranty and out of warranty replacements are 75 dollars plus tax. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have another company for insurance. I pay less than that for both of our phones.

Sent from my Note 4

Anyone having issues where the signal bars will go back/forth no signal and correct signal? It isn't losing signal because signal check is showing data.

Anyone having issues where the signal bars will go back/forth no signal and correct signal? It isn't losing signal because signal check is showing data.

I've seen it happen a couple times, but I'm not too worried about it since it's not affecting anything.

Sent from my Note 4

There's no specific Doze setting.  It's on by default.  You can go into Settings>Battery>App Power Saving and click the detail button to set when power saving kicks in for each individual app installed.  But doze is running all the time. 

I had to turn mine on after the update. Maybe it's default if you do a factory reset.

I'm enjoying Marshmallow so far. It's an improvement over Lollipop for me. Also enjoying Good Lock. Just make sure you turn off the fingerprint lock screen before installing. Latest version may have fixed that bug. Haven't checked.

If anyone is still having issues with random reboots, I seemed to have fixed the problem with a factory reset. I finally had the time to do it this evening and my phone has not rebooted once since. Yesterday, my phone rebooted around 10 times at random times and I finally had enough of it. I'll post back if I start having problems again, but hopefully that fixed the problem for good.