Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Okay needing help understanding all this "LTE Plus" stuff. Is our Note 4 "LTE Plus" enabled? If so, then should we be seeing a difference in speed or coverage or both?

No, our Note 4 does not support carrier aggregation, aka LTE Plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

It might just be the network doing this but..  Does anyone think the Note 4 is holding on to B41 a little longer than before?  Maybe a little firmware tweak in the last update?

I do get jealous of Note 5 users bragging about real-life RF performance.

I hope they update it soon, the unlock/ random lock bug irritates the crap out of me. Plus I'm hoping for the death of the lte spinner.

Sent from a Note 4

Is this a known bug? I'm having the same problem.. Phone by itself will turn screen on.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well what mime dose is weird. I'll click he home button to unlock it, swipe finger. Then start to do something (ie open text and typing or youtube) and the phone will randomly just show my wallpaper and nothing else (no notification bar nothing just like a picture) then freeze up for a few seconds and go to the lock screen. Some days it will not do it and others it dose it more often. It gets irratsting after a while.

Sent from a Note 4

Is this a known bug? I'm having the same problem.. Phone by itself will turn screen on.

Have the same problem on mine. Sometimes my fingerprint sensor will throw an error message saying it failed and have me enter my backup password

Experiencing some frustration with the fast charging option. I attach the charger, the notification pops up saying "Fast Charger Connected"... but in Power Savings settings it says Charging USBicon1.png with the fast charging box checked but showing grey.

Used the same charger and cord in the same outlet earlier in the day and the fast charger works without problem. Been tracking this issue for two days and cannot figure out the variables creating the problem. 

Anyone else suffering the same problem? 
Any insights that might lead to a solution?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Battery life seems worse with last update. Granted I've had the phone for 16 months and I'm a fairly heavy phone user but nevertheless. I've even stripped away a few apps I rarely use and tried tweaking some power saving things but it seems to drain faster. I'm wondering if I should just replace the battery because it got old already or was it really the last update that had an impact.?

Battery life seems worse with last update. Granted I've had the phone for 16 months and I'm a fairly heavy phone user but nevertheless. I've even stripped away a few apps I rarely use and tried tweaking some power saving things but it seems to drain faster. I'm wondering if I should just replace the battery because it got old already or was it really the last update that had an impact.?

You should probably just replace the battery. Anker has always done me well for whatever devices I used that have removable batteries. 

• Like 1

You should probably just replace the battery. Anker has always done me well for whatever devices I used that have removable batteries. 

Yeah I thought so. The Anker battery will be on my next Amazon order. I don't plan on getting a new phone for 9-10 months so I might as well replace it.

A new battery should help, but if you haven't done a factory reset since the 5.1 update, do it. My battery drained like crazy until I did a factory reset. I am getting easily twice the battery life since the reset a few months ago.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used android pay on the note 4? And of so can you delete the card if you done like it or don't use it much? Thanks guys.

Sent from a Note 4

I have, but it's pretty limited where it can be used right now. You can delete a card anytime you want.

Sent from my Note 4