iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Which means that everyone will know where I live, because that area is dark blue. Lol

Heh.

It just means someone's tested in that area is all. My hexagons from my tests (that wasn't there before yesterday, so I know it's me) cover my entire neighborhood.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

San Diego market only B25.  I will verify if same tower.  Have 3 sites in 1 mile radius.

Looks like same site to me.  Correct me if i am wrong.  

KvQPMj1l.jpg

Looks like same site to me. Correct me if i am wrong.

KvQPMj1l.jpg

You need to do 2 things. On the iPhone, go to settings, general, accessibility, turn on bold text (so that you can see the whole cell identity in the engineering screen). Then take that number, and convert it to hex using the link below. If the result (site and sector) match the m8, you'll definitely have verification that you're connected to the same site.

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.htm

Sent from my iPhone 6

Just for the iPhone guys.

Whenever you connect to band 41 check out the plmnid and the number of TX antennas.

Old clear equipment will broadcast 2x2 Mimo on 311-490/870 while sprint will broadcast 4x2 mimo on 310-120 which means the number of TX antennas that'll show on your engineering screen will be 4.

That'll be the easiest way to identify if you're connected to the new 2.5 Equipment for the iPhone ppl.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Whenever you connect to band 41 check out the plmnid and the number of TX antennas.

Old clear equipment will broadcast 2x2 Mimo on 311-490/870 while sprint will broadcast 4x2 mimo on 310-120 which means the number of TX antennas that'll show on your engineering screen will be 4.

That'll be the easiest way to identify if you're connected to the new 2.5 Equipment for the iPhone ppl.

Does it actually show 4 on the screen, even though it can only receive two streams at a time from the tower?  That's most excellent!

• Like 2

Does it actually show 4 on the screen, even though it can only receive two streams at a time from the tower?  That's most excellent!

It does. That's how T-mobile follks with Iphones detect 4x2 MIMO from the Nokia equipment. 

• Like 3

Wow it was fake.... Or appears to have been... I hope this guy is sued for defamation.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/bendgate-faked-clock-inaccuracies/

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

But, does it blend???

• Like 4

Wow it was fake.... Or appears to have been... I hope this guy is sued for defamation.http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/bendgate-faked-clock-inaccuracies/

Anyone who inspects their own iphone 6 would agree it's very rigid. I tried lightly flexing a couple on display and I believe unless a really heavy person sits on a 6+ there is no way this thing will bend in a front pocket with tight jeans. The more you observe the video it looks like he crumpled the area around the volume control with his thumbs first.. Weakening it to the point it can be flexed with what is still excessive pressure. Of course even if the video is legit- it could've been bent using more force but with the power and magic of video editing we might not ever find out. Either only 9 out of 10 million bent either those were defective cases, we have some heavier folks sitting on phones or someone in Canada likes blackberry too much.. Who knows.. This phone seems as solid as the iPhone 5, which also was bent.. Let's face it though it's not Tupperware.

Anyone who inspects their own iphone 6 would agree it's very rigid. I tried lightly flexing a couple on display and I believe unless a really heavy person sits on a 6+ there is no way this thing will bend in a front pocket with tight jeans. The more you observe the video it looks like he crumpled the area around the volume control.. Weakening it to the point it can be flexed with what is still excessive pressure. Neither only 9 out of 10 million bent either those were defective cases, we have some heavier folks sitting on phones or someone in Canada likes blackberry too much.. Who knows.. This phone seems as solid as the iPhone 5, which also was bent.. Let's face it though it's not Tupperware.

Exactly! I did the same thing at the sprint store. Held both ends and tried twisting it out of curiosity. Nothing to crazy. I am not worried about this phone bending and if it does.... Uh apple will replace it for free lol. Perks of Apple.

I'm glad that its the case if the video was faked now back on my short list of devices still hate the 1gb of ram but will see if there is an update for wifi calling down the line as well. Would like that feature!

Exactly! I did the same thing at the sprint store. Held both ends and tried twisting it out of curiosity. Nothing to crazy. I am not worried about this phone bending and if it does.... Uh apple will replace it for free lol. Perks of Apple.

Haha well I went to the Apple Store mostly to try and choose the color .. Gotta be honest they all look good.. The white front is classy.. The space gray with black front looks sleek and cool.. It's actually hard to decide.

Anyways I couldn't resist trying to flex a few using some force..the notion it would be bent in a front pocket seems ridiculous when you realize tight jeans will actually help keep the phone flat. Put your hand flat in your pocket and sit down. I just don't see it.

Lastly I'm kinda curious what colors everyone got....?

Let's here what color was picked most here at s4gru....??

I'm glad that its the case if the video was faked now back on my short list of devices still hate the 1gb of ram but will see if there is an update for wifi calling down the line as well. Would like that feature!

The 1Gb of ram is plenty.. You gotta keep in mind your Android devices are running an operating system double the size of iOS 8. That's 4 GB versus 8gb in android. This is why they developed the kit kat version so they could run a leaner android better on devices with less ram while keeping the device running smoother. Kit Kat is still around 7 Gb in size.. This is why the Android Flag ship phones require more ram. I ran a Galaxy S4 against the 5s last year. The S4 has higher specs overall in areas like ram ( not the cpu of which the Apple A7 is very strong ). But the iphone was more reponsive and slowed down less when opening many programs the OS never hiccuped.. People try and compare specs but it's like comparing a pc running windows xp versus one running windows 7.. The computer running windows xp runs as fast -or faster- although it has 1/3 the ram and a slower cpu. Basically engineers use the hardware they require to push the software they are using on any given device. Bigger OS requires more ram and cpu to run as smoothly as a device running a much smaller operating system. Pls check out this iPhone 5s reviews which shows performance compared to top end Android phones: ( you can switch to next page of review at bottom of screen )

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

• Like 1

Space grey. The white front was indeed classy but the antenna lines on the back ruined it for me. I normally have a case on but I haven't over the last couple days. Really been liking how the phone feels without it.

Yeah..It has a nice feel in the hand for sure..but one drop on the pavement and you'll wish it felt like a phone with a plastic case around it before it was dropped.

Does ios 8 still show upload and download bandwidth? Cause wouldn't it just show 20mhz for b41.

wTgpDkH.png

I ordered a gold 6+. I had the silver 5, and decided to get the gold 5s, and I'm not going to stop getting gold unless they start coloring the aluminum in blue.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does ios 8 still show upload and download bandwidth? Cause wouldn't it just show 20mhz for b41.

wTgpDkH.png

First, that says at&t band 17. That's FDD LTE. And yes, Band 41 shows 20Mhz for download and upload.

First, that says at&t band 17. That's FDD LTE. And yes, Band 41 shows 20Mhz for download and upload.

I just posted that image as an example as I do not have an iphone. When lilotimz posted how to check for b41 I thought the whole bandwidth thing would be a clear and easy indication. sorry if this was already brought up.

I just posted that image as an example as I do not have an iphone. When lilotimz posted how to check for b41 I thought the whole bandwidth thing would be a clear and easy indication. sorry if this was already brought up.

No, you are ok. But yes, it'll show 20MHz for both upload and download on the iPhone engineering screen.

Yeah..It has a nice feel in the hand for sure..but one drop on the pavement and you'll wish it felt like a phone with a plastic case around it before it was dropped.

Yeah I know. I hardly drop my phone at all and with me being limited in the amount of hands I have to use now it makes it easier to change volumes and what not than with a case on it.

If I do drop it I'll just have a buddy add TEP back on for me.

• Like 1