iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Updated to iOS 8.0.2.  LTE signal seems to be much better.  Cannot believe it is holding on LTE better than my HTC One M8.  Picture taken of phone side to side showing their db on LTE.

FmJowp2l.jpg

• Like 8

In my bedroom I have NEVER had signal. Even though this isn't the best signal in the area, I am thrilled. Thanks 6+!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411712450.796263.jpg

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

What was your last device? If it was an iPhone 5 or <, you're probably experiencing band 26 for the first time. That, or, your local tower just turned on band 26.

Edit: I should have just read your profile. You had a 5. Welcome to the band 26 party!

Sent from my iPhone 6

What was your last device? If it was an iPhone 5 or <, you're probably experiencing band 26 for the first time. That, or, your local tower just turned on band 26.

Edit: I should have just read your profile. You had a 5. Welcome to the band 26 party!

Sent from my iPhone 6

Thanks, it's lovely to actually use my phone off wifi now and then. Before I moved here I had signal fine on band 25 (used to live north of Dallas, TX) but here there is a lot of 26 and just under 10 miles north of me is the border of the Sprint Spark zone so I should easily see decent signal all over the place now.

THIS is why I'm an early adopter of technology. It makes my life easier.

• Like 1

Thanks, it's lovely to actually use my phone off wifi now and then. Before I moved here I had signal fine on band 25 (used to live north of Dallas, TX) but here there is a lot of 26 and just under 10 miles north of me is the border of the Sprint Spark zone so I should easily see decent signal all over the place now.

THIS is why I'm an early adopter of technology. It makes my life easier.

Iam glad Apple made sure the iPhone had so many LTE bands and joined the Sprint band 41 crowd.. if they hadn't it would've been an uber failure..

Updated to iOS 8.0.2.  LTE signal seems to be much better.  Cannot believe it is holding on LTE better than my HTC One M8.  Picture taken of phone side to side showing their db on LTE.

FmJowp2l.jpg

Assuming they are actually connected to the same tower and same lte band then that is really impressive.

• Like 1

Same tower and LTE band? That's impressive...are we looking at b41 there.

Well I guess they turned back on b41 by my house. Last time I saw it was earlier this summer but I guess they were testing it. I hope it stays on this time. I am getting speeds in the upper 30s now!!

• Like 1

FmJowp2l.jpg

Can you check to see what band you're on?  That's a massive difference and I'd switch from my G3 for that alone.

Updated to iOS 8.0.2. LTE signal seems to be much better. Cannot believe it is holding on LTE better than my HTC One M8. Picture taken of phone side to side showing their db on LTE.

FmJowp2l.jpg

I noticed that too. Even with my iPhone 5 it held a better lte signal than my m8. What's up with that. Aren't the radio chips the same?

I noticed that too. Even with my iPhone 5 it held a better lte signal than my m8. What's up with that. Aren't the radio chips the same?

Introducing iOS 8.0.2. Increasing your reception using the bending power of the reinforced aluminum frame, and microwave power. The cell signal rides microwaves through your apartment and then collides with  your normal signal outside, providing you with  unprecedented signal inside your home or office.

Warning: requires 24/7 use of microwave. May cause cancer, heart disease, mild seizures, and burning of skin.

• Like 5

Assuming they are actually connected to the same tower and same lte band then that is really impressive.

San Diego market only B25.  I will verify if same tower.  Have 3 sites in 1 mile radius.

• Like 1

Ok now that you guys have, i am doing it.

Also, I am in Des Moines for the past couple of days. The switching between bands is awesome. Des Moines only has 25 and 26. It is awesome. In the factory warehouse, I expected to lose service. Didn't. In the vault (band deposits). Didn't.

Welcome to des Moines!!!! Glad you are having a good experience here, service has been pretty great around the metro the past 9 months or so.

• Like 1

Welcome to des Moines!!!! Glad you are having a good experience here, service has been pretty great around the metro the past 9 months or so.

Work may take me to Ankeny, IA soon. Any idea what kind of service I should expect in that area?

Can you check to see what band you're on?  That's a massive difference and I'd switch from my G3 for that alone.

The signal strength meter on the iPhone doesn't update as fast as SignalCheck. Is it possible it was frozen from an earlier time?

I would let the phones sit for at least a minute or two in the same location before taking a comparison pic.

Work may take me to Ankeny, IA soon. Any idea what kind of service I should expect in that area?

considering 2 of the 4 ankeny towers are GMO it should actually be pretty good! as long as you aren't on the extreme north or west sides of town. B26 covers the 2 GMO sites for the most part, but if you do get dropped down to 3G speeds they are generally 1meg or better. i just drove through ankeny on my way back from a meeting, going down 1st st i got 1.8meg down on 3G from one GMO site and 27meg down on B25 from one of the other sites :) voice/texting shouldn't be any issue at all. you can check the (premier) link in my sig to see our maps for the area to see where the towers are and their status'.

So is that testing part of IOS or and app?

It's an app, RootMetrics. They have a coverage map similar to Sensorly except RootMetrics will actually allow you to add data information to the map from an iPhone.

It's an app, RootMetrics. They have a coverage map similar to Sensorly except RootMetrics will actually allow you to add data information to the map from an iPhone.

Which means that everyone will know where I live, because that area is dark blue. Lol