iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I was the victim of it just today at a business lunch where I was the only one not with an iPhone.  And then I pulled my work iPhone 4s out of my pocket and put it next to my N5.  Then they mocked me for having an old iPhone and that I was a poseur!!!

Forgot to mention this part was a bit funny..I mean imagining you pulling out your iPhone 4.. still, your point was well taken.

I work in healthcare and it's pretty even here.. but we don't really make fun of each other.  Most of the world uses their phones for texting, facebook and gps and one guy who here who used to hate Apple uses Apple Numbers ( I beleive ) which is like Excel to track vitals, blood pressures and meds on given dates has said it works very well.. I think Apple is slowly minimizing issues power users complain about..  

I made the switch back to Sprint and the iPhone 6 Plus on Friday from my beloved Xperia Z Ultra/Xperia Z2 on AT&T. I haven't used an iPhone since the iPhone 3GS when it first came out and I would like to say...WOW this is a great device. I never thought I'd walk away from Android, but the 6 Plus might have done it for me. Unbelievable battery life, great connectivity (Home market is Shentel) and great performance all around.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That sucks. He tried to bend it back and the housing cracked which also cracked the screen so looks like he will be eating the deductible to replace it. I don't want anyone thinking I am dissing the phone, but I'm surprised how fragile it is. It is a nice phone though, if those bezels weren't so ridiculous I might even consider switching. I wonder what aluminum alloy they used to make it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm sure Apple will replace devices that have bent due to stress on the bezel. They offered everyone a free bumper with "Antennagate", and will swap out an iPhone if there is a defect while under warranty. I've had at least two replacement phones in the past two years for minor issues.

• Like 1

Well, I'm on board with the 6. Just picked mine up. What a homerun this phone is. It's a perfect size, and the way it switches between bands is phenomenal. Way better than the 5s. I'm so happy right now.

Sent from my iPhone 6

The scan times are ridiculous. I love that I'm able to come out of an elevator on 3G or 1x and pick up LTE seconds later.

• Like 6

Maybe Apple is scrambling to design their own hard case

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Either that or working with vendors to procure lower pricing on hard cases so they can offer them like they did in addition to the bumpers during Antenna-gate.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2014/09/24/apple-support-says-bent-iphones-must-pass-visual-inspection-qualify-warranty-replacement/

My comment earlier has been proven wrong. I should've known apple would do something to remedy the issue. I mean, secretly inside I knew they would replace the phones, but if people just start bending them for the sake of a new phone? Errrrrr

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

My experiences with Apple support have always been excellent.  I had a macbook pro laptop under applecare that kept crashing hard drives for some reason.  Twice they repaired it under applecare.  After the third incident they handed me a brand new macbook right off the shelf (not a refurb).  Keep in mind this was a year and a half after I bought it so it was actually an updated unit.  I was happy. 

Also my wife was having a battery drain issue with her old 4S.  Genius looked at for a few minutes and just swapped it out for a refurb.  Once again no hassle. 

I have no doubt Apple will take care of people as long as it is not obvious the damage was intentional. 

• Like 2

Back to the iPhone.

When am I getting mine? Lol. I can't wait to return this Galaxy S5 for my 6 Plus...but I'm tired of waiting :-P

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

I ordered a 6+ on the morning of the 13th and still have not received a status update from Sprint.  The community boards on the Sprint website have several upset customers that have not received their phones.  Sprint is informing them that they are doing all they can to get more supplies secured but they are at the mercy of Apple.  They are telling customers 4 to 6 weeks on the 6+.  Still, people complain that Sprint is the culprit with not having enough supply available.

If the complainers would logically think this through, Sprint is not the manufacturer, Apple is.  If they want to voice their issues, point those towards Apple.  Sprint can only sell what they have available.  Unfortunately, parts of economics law of supply and demand have really come into effect.  Luckily, Apple has not decided to raise the price.

I ordered a 6+ on the morning of the 13th and still have not received a status update from Sprint. The community boards on the Sprint website have several upset customers that have not received their phones. Sprint is informing them that they are doing all they can to get more supplies secured but they are at the mercy of Apple. They are telling customers 4 to 6 weeks on the 6+. Still, people complain that Sprint is the culprit with not having enough supply available.

If the complainers would logically think this through, Sprint is not the manufacturer, Apple is. If they want to voice their issues, point those towards Apple. Sprint can only sell what they have available. Unfortunately, parts of economics law of supply and demand have really come into effect. Luckily, Apple has not decided to raise the price.

I tend to agree with you; however it is quite frustrating when one preorders because the whole idea of a preorder is to get the unit before it's available to the general public.

If it hasn't shipped and you want one sooner, I'm finding they have them at best buy and target (as well as the Apple Store).

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with you; however it is quite frustrating when one preorders because the whole idea of a preorder is to get the unit before it's available to the general public.

If it hasn't shipped and you want one sooner, I'm finding they have them at best buy and target (as well as the Apple Store).

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

It is frustrating but I will be patient for a few more days.  To me, it just seems odd that Apple would give more supply to wholesalers versus the actual wireless providers.

Has anyone here used uproof.com warranty. They have 50% of their plans with $0 deductible. Can't find any reviews. Sounds to good to be true.

If you can't find any reviews....don't do it. unproof.com takes me to some russian website. I would not do that. If you want to have anything, get the sprint insurance, or applecare. 

https://gigaom.com/2014/09/25/iphone-6-6-plus-pre-orders-att-ruled-while-t-mobile-accounted-for-5x-more-than-sprint/

hopefully this isn't the whole story.

Personally I've never heard of or used 'slice' before, so who knows how accurate it really is.

Uproof.com not unproof.

Just went through their list of things covered. Almost everything on that list is covered by Apple for free in most cases, even when out of warranty. Stuff like that, apple does not want to have happening. They would rather switch your phone out and keep you as a customer. 

I had my iPhone 5s replaced twice. Each time was free, and each time it was a defect in the phone. The phones they give out are not refurbished either...Brand new. 

Edit: The remaining part of the list that ins't covered IS covered under $99 applecare. That includes 2 incidents of accidental damage including water damage. 

https://gigaom.com/2014/09/25/iphone-6-6-plus-pre-orders-att-ruled-while-t-mobile-accounted-for-5x-more-than-sprint/

Personally I've never heard of or used 'slice' before, so who knows how accurate it really is.

With such a small sample size, I doubt it's very accurate. 13000 samples out of 4 million pre orders isn't even worthy of writing an article about. No one I know has heard of slice either.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Slice is a pretty good app to track your packages. I don't have many friends that use it either and I imagine the user base is relatively small when compared to the amount of preorders that went out as a whole.

With such a small sample size, I doubt it's very accurate. 13000 samples out of 4 million pre orders isn't even worthy of writing an article about. No one I know has heard of slice either.

I never heard of that app either. Is that only for iPhones only? 

I doubt you can count on Slice stats being indicative as as whole since many of us who ordered iPhones did not get tracking numbers from Sprint.  Both of my iPhones just showed up on Friday- the order page always said "Your order is at our warehouse, waiting to be shipped...".  Since Slice aggregates its info from people who actually receive tracking numbers, and many of us on Sprint did not get tracking #'s, it may explain the gap.

It's a matter of a biased sample, as dallas suggested. You only need 191 people to estimate a moderate effect size in a 4x2 table (goes up to 1700 with a small effect size). The population size is irrelevant (see: central limit theorem) given an unbiased sample. A proper analysis would have involved taking current subscriber counts and assigning weights based on the users who downloaded Slice (prior to entering iPhone tracking information), then running the same table with the new weights.