iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I must say I'm a little bit disappointed with the upgrades for this year. It's not very major, and this whole S model year thing is getting redundant. I think they need to switch it up. Nobody likes seeing the same thing over and over again it's corny. I remember when I used to get excited for a new iPhone, now it's just like oh okay that's cool, what else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say I'm a little bit disappointed with the upgrades for this year. It's not very major, and this whole S model year thing is getting redundant. I think they need to switch it up. Nobody likes seeing the same thing over and over again it's corny. I remember when I used to get excited for a new iPhone, now it's just like oh okay that's cool, what else?

I actually felt the opposite. Paired with iOS 9, I think this is a monster "S" year. I'm thoroughly impressed with everything I saw today. I do agree on the redundancy. It's getting too predictable, and with the increasing number of leaks every year, the Apple event is more of just a confirmation than a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 5

My wife 2 weeks ago: "I don't need the upgrade. I like my 6 just how it is. Don't waste the money."

My wife today: "I'm getting that rose gold, and I need a selfie flash. Can I get it on launch day like you?"

[emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 5

My wife 2 weeks ago: "I don't need the upgrade. I like my 6 just how it is. Don't waste the money."

My wife today: "I'm getting that rose gold, and I need a selfie flash. Can I get it on launch day like you?"

[emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Haha.  You're wife is me every year.

I actually felt the opposite. Paired with iOS 9, I think this is a monster "S" year. I'm thoroughly impressed with everything I saw today. I do agree on the redundancy. It's getting too predictable, and with the increasing number of leaks every year, the Apple event is more of just a confirmation than a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Exactly my point. I think if the leaks became less frequent and we knew less about what was going on with the next iPhone it would be more of an excitement. But seeing the keynote I knew about everything except the Live Photos thing. They need to do a better job with covering up what they're working on.

No mention of battery specs? According to this comparison, they're the same?

f8d9a1186bf0f056abd76d51bfaa1dc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Did they even say anything about ram. I didn't get to watch the whole keynote cause I was on my way to school. I caught the end when he was talking about the 6s Live Photos.

Did they even say anything about ram. I didn't get to watch the whole keynote cause I was on my way to school. I caught the end when he was talking about the 6s Live Photos.

Nothing about ram or battery. I'm assuming they're the same as last year, unless there's a spec somewhere to prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Nothing about ram or battery. I'm assuming they're the same as last year, unless there's a spec somewhere to prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

We're probably gonna have to wait until iFixIt completely dissects the phone before we know anything about ram. Apple hasn't said anything bout ram since they upgraded it like 3 years ago [emoji24]

I'm disappointed with the upgrades but at the same time, me and my family are all probably gonna upgrade to the 6s [emoji24][emoji24]. Im definitely getting the rose gold [emoji28]

I don't know how I feel about it to be honest. Is this phone CA?

I'm not sure, I know it has LTE-A but idk the exact specifications of CA & stuff

Have y'all updated to iOS 9.1 beta 1? So far I hear it's better than the iOS 9 beta or GM build and excellent battery life. I just installed and so far so good. I'll see tomorrow though when I get a full days worth of usage tomorrow. Oh and I noticed the carrier profile is 21.5 and the prl is 55029. I believe it used to be 55028?? Oh and there's some new emojis.

Edited by Steven800
  • Like 1

Have y'all updated to iOS 9.1 beta 1? So far I hear it's better than the iOS 9 beta or GM build and excellent battery life. I just installed and so far so good. I'll see tomorrow though when I get a full days worth of usage tomorrow. Oh and I noticed the carrier profile is 21.5 and the prl is 55029. I believe it used to be 55028?? Oh and there's some new emojis.

I have installed it. It runs very smoothly. Not much different between it and iOS 9.0, though.

-Anthony

• Like 2

At this point, I feel like all phones are at the? "What else could we possibly do." These phones are already so advanced, incremental changes like the a9 and better camera are expected. I'm going to have disagree about being disappointed tho, specifically because of 3d touch. Despite what everybody says, I still think 3d touch is awesome and opens up the phone for so much more in apps and UI interaction. The potential is unlimited.

It seems like these tech giants come out with things that are awesome and people are just like, eh whatever. Samsung puts a fairly accurate heart rate sensor in their phone, eh whatever. Curved glass screens? Eh, whatever. Finger print sensor, eh cool but whatever.

The literal only thing missing from any advanced smart phone today is exceptional battery life. I'm talking multiple days of battery life. I'm not overwhelmed with iPhone 6s, but I'm not underwhelmed. It's exactly what I expected, and a little bit more on top ( 3d touch).

• Like 5

Will the iPhone 6s utilize sprints spark network? Also do iPhones work as good as Android phones on Sprint's network or do Android phones perform better?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Yes on Spark.

As far as network performance. All handsets are different. There is no correct answer to your question.

Sent from my Tab 4

Exactly my point. I think if the leaks became less frequent and we knew less about what was going on with the next iPhone it would be more of an excitement. But seeing the keynote I knew about everything except the Live Photos thing. They need to do a better job with covering up what they're working on.

Apple does a great job keeping it a secret while they're doing R&D but over the past year they had to manufacture 222 million iPhone 6/6+ devices. It simply isn't possible to keep it secret and still have enough phones for launch day. The components need a 4-6 month lead time at least... and guess when the first supposed parts for the 6S started leaking?

Unless and until the iPhone begins to be manufactured purely by robots (including the parts assemblies) the days of being completely surprised are over.