iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Well that's done. I posted in the other thread but this one is more suited towards this post. I got rid of my 2 year and opted for the 11 bucks more a month. They gave me 340 bucks towards accessories and in store credit, so I ended up getting some new wireless beats around ear headphones which are 199 usually, a new car charger with 4 ports  (and I think faster charging like iPad does), invisible shield which I will keep for the iPhone 6s since it will not change in dimensions no doubt, tech 21 (same saving for the 6s), and a  3 foot sprint lighting cable which will now be my at home cable. 

Overall, the process was extremely simple. The rep was VERY clear and concise. I was given two options. Buyback the phone and pay 9 a month with no store credit, or buyback the phone with the 340 credit for 2 bucks more. Obviously, the latter was the best option. I am excited! Can't wait to get my 6s. If it has the screen that I just read about, and CA, and a better camera, am going to be in love.

Sounds good!! My only wishes are for CA, better front facing camera similar the s6, some form of duel screen like the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds good!! My only wishes are for CA, better front facing camera similar the s6, some form of duel screen like the iPad.

Yasssss. And also, after testing out these head phones on a 2 mile run, I've decided I love them already. They do n't have crazy bass, but the sound quality and loudness is damn good. It is also pretty good at blocking out background noise. 

I am satisfied with them, despite the negative reviews on apples websites saying they suck. Mostly people complain because of the bass, but I really don't care about that. AS long as I don't have a wire in my way while Im trying to work out. lol

Yasssss. And also, after testing out these head phones on a 2 mile run, I've decided I love them already. They do n't have crazy bass, but the sound quality and loudness is damn good. It is also pretty good at blocking out background noise.

I am satisfied with them, despite the negative reviews on apples websites saying they suck. Mostly people complain because of the bass, but I really don't care about that. AS long as I don't have a wire in my way while Im trying to work out. lol

My brother just bought some beats solos and I took a listen to them and they sound totally different from my studios that I bought when they were in connection with monster. The bass is still there but it's not as bad now. I wonder when apple will include some form of beats headphones as a replacement to the ear pods that come with your iPhone?

• Like 1

My favorite perk of Apple. You actually received a brand new phone, not refurbished. I've asked numerous employees in different stores, and they do not give customers refurbs.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I wonder how this works with a leased iPhone?

When I owned my phones/had them on a 2 year subsidy or Easy Pay, when it breaks and I had AppleCare, I could always take it in and it's more often than not swapped, no questions asked.

• Like 1

I wonder how this works with a leased iPhone?

When I owned my phones/had them on a 2 year subsidy or Easy Pay, when it breaks and I had AppleCare, I could always take it in and it's more often than not swapped, no questions asked.

It's no different. You can buy the extended care for any iPhone that's new, and you can also have it serviced for free within the first year no matter if it's paid in full, on easy pay, or leased.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It's no different. You can buy the extended care for any iPhone that's new, and you can also have it serviced for free within the first year no matter if it's paid in full, on easy pay, or leased.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I didn't know if there was something specific in the Sprint system for tracking the device for trade-in later, or if they just wanted to see an iPhone configuration you leased back in one piece.

I love AppleCare.

You can't get no better than AppleCare. That's one of reasons I stay with apple. I haven't paid for a pair of headphones or usb cord since Sprint got the 4s. The best part is I don't have no use for the carrier insurance.

• Like 2

You can't get no better than AppleCare. That's one of reasons I stay with apple. I haven't paid for a pair of headphones or usb cord since Sprint got the 4s. The best part is I don't have no use for the carrier insurance.

apple care is the best option for iPhone by far.... just don't lose it or have it get stolen, then you are SOL.   The free cables and headphones are a very nice perk as well.

• Like 2

I'm thinking I might switch over to tep if anything at all. Paying for AppleCare when it won't transfer to my new phone next year doesn't make any sense to me. I've never lost a phone or had one stolen so between apple just taking care of it's customers and me being easy on my phone I think I'll be okay.

Either that or I'll just add on tep on my sprint.com account when anything happens.

I'm thinking I might switch over to tep if anything at all. Paying for AppleCare when it won't transfer to my new phone next year doesn't make any sense to me. I've never lost a phone or had one stolen so between apple just taking care of it's customers and me being easy on my phone I think I'll be okay.

Either that or I'll just add on tep on my sprint.com account when anything happens.

That's why you should have Apple Care. TEP will cost $132 compared to $99. If you never lose your phone, then paying the $75 Apple Care deductible makes sense for damage such water or a major drop. Apple Care plus 1 deductible is still less than the $200 Sprint deductible plus $132 annual cost.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

You can only add TEP within 30 days of activation or during any random open enrollment periods.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Damn you for making sense Vince. I didn't even think about factoring in the deductible. I was going off the monthly and that's it. Now I just have something else to think about.... Lol.

You can have it refunded. Applecare. I just got 45 dollars back. Ill be using it towards my 6s when I get it. It isn't all too bad.

You can have it refunded. Applecare. I just got 45 dollars back. Ill be using it towards my 6s when I get it. It isn't all too bad.

Really? So I can get a refund for my AppleCare that's on my 6 plus? How can I go about doing that?

I can't remember the pattern that Apple follows. It's announcement tomorrow, preorder Friday, September 11th/iOS 9 release, launch Friday, September 18th?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Usually.

You can only add TEP within 30 days of activation or during any random open enrollment periods.

That's what they say. I've seen it done where it's been added via the online account and then a few days later a claim done.

Good to know on the AppleCare refund.

That's what they say. I've seen it done where it's been added via the online account and then a few days later a claim done.

Good to know on the AppleCare refund.

I tried that in the past and it didn't work for me. I wouldn't recommend relying on that in case something happens.

I tried that in the past and it didn't work for me. I wouldn't recommend relying on that in case something happens.

True. With the AppleCare being refundable maybe I'll still go that route.

Now to just hold one off to the side for myself when they launch. Although I doubt the stores will get the 6s+ 64gb on launch day.

True. With the AppleCare being refundable maybe I'll still go that route.

Now to just hold one off to the side for myself when they launch. Although I doubt the stores will get the 6s+ 64gb on launch day.

I'm banking on waiting outside my local store for a 64gb plus. I was also thinking that they might not get that model on launch day. On the other hand, I'm afraid of the annual preorder glitch, and getting locked out of their website, only to finally process an order, and have it tell me "back ordered until November." For those that have successfully preordered, and go into the initial shipment, was your phone at your house on launch day, or is that when it ships?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm banking on waiting outside my local store for a 64gb plus. I was also thinking that they might not get that model on launch day. On the other hand, I'm afraid of the annual preorder glitch, and getting locked out of their website, only to finally process an order, and have it tell me "back ordered until November." For those that have successfully preordered, and go into the initial shipment, was your phone at your house on launch day, or is that when it ships?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm going to a Sprint Shack store far away from a college campus for my preorder. Or, the Sprint store across the street from my office in Ferguson, MO.

• Like 1