iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I think the 64 is my sweet spot. I have a ton of apps, and around 2000 photos/100 videos, and very little music stored locally (I mostly stream XM). I have everything backing up to iCloud, and I've selected the "optimize photos" option which shaved off 5gb of my storage. I still have 47gb free.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I will have to stay with the 128.  With travel (six upcoming trips in the next two months so far), I keep 10 or 12 movies on my phone and pad at any one time to entertain myself while in the flying aluminum tube.  Yea, I could be catching up on email but sometimes you just have to decompress.

I'll stick with 64 gb. If I even ugprade. I asked yesterday and it would be $250 to restart my 2 year contract and I would have to give them my phone (buyback). Since they're offering 360 for it, it would end up costing me about 200 bucks for a new 2 year contract and 64 gb iPhone 6s. 

Ill debate on doing it.

• Like 1

I'll stick with 64 gb. If I even ugprade. I asked yesterday and it would be $250 to restart my 2 year contract and I would have to give them my phone (buyback). Since they're offering 360 for it, it would end up costing me about 200 bucks for a new 2 year contract and 64 gb iPhone 6s. 

Ill debate on doing it.

That's the good thing about iPhones.  Great tradein/re-sale value.

I'm sitting here on my HTC One M8, and will probably be offered ~$80 for a trade in.  I could probably sell it for around $150, my self.

I have an upgrade available but I may just buy my next phone off contract.

• Like 3

LOL. So after emailing the promotions people 3 times, I have decided to go to their online chat to get an answer ASAP because I am tired of waiting. First, I go to the live chat option on my phone last night and everything is going fine until the window will no longer scroll down and the I can not type in the chat box. So that starts with my frustration. Next, I go to their desktop website on my MBP and try and load up live chat, and that does not work. I turn off pop up blocker assuming thats it. Still does not work... Have to load up chrome which then allows the chat to start. The window opens up and the chat window is still small to reach the text box to type in so I have to expand the window (probably the issue with doing it on a mobile device). 

And now I am waiting. Let's just say that if samsung really wants to convert Apple users over to their devices, they need to step up their shit. I know I am spoiled by having an Apple store 30 minutes away and usually having my issue resolved immediately, but this is kinda ridiculous. As a person who is well versed with technology, there is no reason it should've been that complicated for me to do one thing. How would you expect an average person to do that? They would have no idea....and there isn't a Samsung store to just go ask what's wrong with your phone at.

Yet again, I am reminded why I stick with apple. That and their live chat actually works.

Edit: update. This is what I was told. I don't blame Dyana, I blame samsung.

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 10.44.42 AM.png

• Like 1

Yet again another day. They finally emailed me back and told me I could use the prepaid label in the box that came with the phone. THATS FUNNY, because I would've returned it already had there been one. 

you can never return it, your card will be charged and you will add to samsung's bottom line.... sucker!!!!  but in all seriousness this hole ultimate test drive thing should have been more thought out.... they best way to attract new customers is not to make it hard to return the test phone and make it a secret 2 gb cap on data (if that is the case which it seems to be). 

• Like 1

you can never return it, your card will be charged and you will add to samsung's bottom line.... sucker!!!! but in all seriousness this hole ultimate test drive thing should have been more thought out.... they best way to attract new customers is not to make it hard to return the test phone and make it a secret 2 gb cap on data (if that is the case which it seems to be).

I agree that 2gb cap is not the best to do especially when doing a test drive on device for a month cause people are going to put it though its paces. I found out about the 2gb limit when I called asking for the status on my order. They will charge you for going over also. I don't think that will pan out well at all because it's not anywhere in the terms. They really won't get any iPhone users that way. It would have been better if they gave the user the option to activate the phone on your line if you wanted.

I think Sammy should have had more devices ready to go. I'm retuning my device next week. I'm ok on it now plus I'm almost at the 2gb cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by derrph

b8d07868aad411401a59c50e4a0b89f6.jpg

Just got this....'might take advantage of it tmrow to be honest. Wonder how much it'll be for 64gb

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Moderately Okay Tapatalk

wow deals are just getting better by the week it seems.  :)

• Like 2

b8d07868aad411401a59c50e4a0b89f6.jpg

Just got this....'might take advantage of it tmrow to be honest. Wonder how much it'll be for 64gb

Add $5 to the price plus tax. You must be on an old legacy plan.

With a device turn in you drop $7 a month off of $22. If youre on a legacy plan they give you a loyalty credit for certain customers which is another $10. Bring you to $5 plus tax. To go up in storage is another $5 a month.

I just checked my account and they're letting me upgrade early too. I'm a year in on my two year on my 6 64gb and my account qualifies for iPhone forever. The only downside is I have shitty credit so I have a big down payment. I may do it just to get a 6 plus like I've been wanting but if I want to upgrade again this year I wonder if they're going to want another down payment.

• Like 1

So essentially 10 bucks more a month and I can get the 6s when it comes out with 0 down, assuming my credit will hold which I think it should....

That doesn't sound too bad. In fact, I may convince my brother to do it, his girlfriend, and her brother who are all on my plan to do it. 

So essentially 10 bucks more a month and I can get the 6s when it comes out with 0 down, assuming my credit will hold which I think it should....

That doesn't sound too bad. In fact, I may convince my brother to do it, his girlfriend, and her brother who are all on my plan to do it. 

It would be $9 for the 16 GB Plus model and $13.77 for the 64 GB model.  Since there is no 128 GB option right now I don't know what the price would be iPhone forever after loyalty credit.

I chatted with a Sprint rep yesterday and was told you can upgrade to another storage size after the 6S/6S Plus and still retain the Forever and Loyalty discounts.  So you could get the 16 GB now and when the 6S comes out, upgrade to the 64 or 128 GB later.

Edited by AppleFanBoy

It would be $9 for the 16 GB Plus model and $13.77 for the 64 GB model. Since there is no 128 GB option right now I don't know what the price would be iPhone forever after loyalty credit.

I chatted with a Sprint rep yesterday and was told you can upgrade to another storage size after the 6S/6S Plus and still retain the Forever and Loyalty discounts. So you could get the 16 GB now and when the 6S comes out, upgrade to the 64 or 128 GB later.

prob just stick with 64 gb. 13.77 and that's it no additional random fees

prob just stick with 64 gb. 13.77 and that's it no additional random fees

I was thinking about doing this. Does anyone know if you can preorder the new model when it comes out if I get on the iPhone forever now?

I was thinking about doing this. Does anyone know if you can preorder the new model when it comes out if I get on the iPhone forever now?

Yes. I signed up 2 weeks ago, and the Sprint site says I'm upgrade eligible as of 9/1, so I can preorder, or walk in and get it. You're upgrade eligible on iPhone forever every time there's a new model. Say you get the 6S in 2 weeks, and apple decides to drop the 7 in March. You'll be eligible for it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Yes. I signed up 2 weeks ago, and the Sprint site says I'm upgrade eligible as of 9/1, so I can preorder, or walk in and get it. You're upgrade eligible on iPhone forever every time there's a new model. Say you get the 6S in 2 weeks, and apple decides to drop the 7 in March. You'll be eligible for it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Perfect. I just didn't want to sign up, and then go to preorder but I'm not upgrade eligible until the new model is "officially available" after official launch day. Thanks for clarifying!

The 6 64gb is only 9.77 plus tax not the 13.77. Below is all the pricing with a device turn in. If you're on a legacy plan you can take another 10 off of these prices as long as your account has the loyalty credit offer on it.

iPhone 6 16GB - $15 

iPhone 6 64GB - $19.77 
iPhone 6 128GB - $24.53 
iPhone 6 Plus 16GB - $19 
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB - $23.77 
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB - $28.53 

I talked to care and it looks like I get to keep my upgrade and it's not just an iPhone forever thing so I'll only be upgrading the one time when the new one comes out. WOOOTTTT!!!!

The 6 64gb is only 9.77 plus tax not the 13.77. Below is all the pricing with a device turn in. If you're on a legacy plan you can take another 10 off of these prices as long as your account has the loyalty credit offer on it.

iPhone 6 16GB - $15 

iPhone 6 64GB - $19.77 

iPhone 6 128GB - $24.53 

iPhone 6 Plus 16GB - $19 

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB - $23.77 

iPhone 6 Plus 128GB - $28.53 

I talked to care and it looks like I get to keep my upgrade and it's not just an iPhone forever thing so I'll only be upgrading the one time when the new one comes out. WOOOTTTT!!!!

Where did you see that you get the $10 discount? I am in the same boat as you (Upgraded to iPhone 6 64Gb at release) and I am eligible to upgrade with the iPhone forever. Would this apply to the ED 1500 legacy plan?

Where did you see that you get the $10 discount? I am in the same boat as you (Upgraded to iPhone 6 64Gb at release) and I am eligible to upgrade with the iPhone forever. Would this apply to the ED 1500 legacy plan?

$10 discount is only for certain accounts. They haven't told the stores how it works but some customers qualify others don't. Haven't really found a rhyme or a reason to it. It's either there or it's not. Jamison's account has it because he got the email for $5 for his lease.

It applies to the everything data, MyWay and My All In plans.

$10 discount is only for certain accounts. They haven't told the stores how it works but some customers qualify others don't. Haven't really found a rhyme or a reason to it. It's either there or it's not. Jamison's account has it because he got the email for $5 for his lease.

It applies to the everything data, MyWay and My All In plans.

Got it, thanks. Looks like I'll be chatting with Sprint soon.