iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

The most in depth reviews of any devices including smartphones are found at anandtech.

The iPhone 6 loads apps faster, beat all android phones loading (any) web browser even using googles own Octane benchark, it had the fastest acquire target auto focus on any camera ; better low light pics.. The most accurate colors shown on a display screen, period ( which was also said last week by the trusted Displaymate website)..

http://anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review

Just to clarify the iPhone 6 has the best "LCD", Displaymate even mentioned that the S5 still has the best mobile screen.  

I have to give Apple credit for I am seriously thinking about getting a 6 plus.  I'm just waiting for the next Nexus before making my decision.  Wife has a 6 and I think they are really nice (tried to talk her into getting a plus but she wouldn't go for it).  If I can swing it I will get both and enjoy the perks of both OS's.

Call me old but I just don't see the need to prove one OS/phone better then the other.  They are both fast and stable enough for me.  I don't have to wipe out old apps on either phone anymore and neither phone crashes.  They both just work like they should.  If I am getting worked up about 10 seconds after 30 apps then I have no life. 

In my opinion they really knocked it out of the park with this phone.

• Like 1

Just an update: the store called today and told me my phone came in! As soon as I get to Visalia I can pick it up! YAY!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Here's my constant error (with nothing plugged in). Also, as of today, my phone doesn't always charge when plugged in. I've tried with 3 iPhone chargers and 1 iPad charger. All 4 charge our other iPhone and iPad so it's the phone. I need to get back to the United States and hit up an Apple Store. There isn't one in Puerto Rico which is mind blowing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412280440.832502.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Just to clarify the iPhone 6 has the best "LCD", Displaymate even mentioned that the S5 still has the best mobile screen.

I have to give Apple credit for I am seriously thinking about getting a 6 plus. I'm just waiting for the next Nexus before making my decision. Wife has a 6 and I think they are really nice (tried to talk her into getting a plus but she wouldn't go for it). If I can swing it I will get both and enjoy the perks of both OS's.

Call me old but I just don't see the need to prove one OS/phone better then the other. They are both fast and stable enough for me. I don't have to wipe out old apps on either phone anymore and neither phone crashes. They both just work like they should. If I am getting worked up about 10 seconds after 30 apps then I have no life.

In my opinion they really knocked it out of the park with this phone.

They said the iphone 6 has the best Lcd display .. While ( it was said in an earlier review)the S5 has the best amOLED display..these are different technologies though .. OLED's strength has been is displaying blacks.. While LCD is better with lights.. This is why displaymate said it was "unexpected" that the iPhone 6 still had better contrast in ambient lighting then the S5.

They also said "The iPhone 6 Plus is only the second Smartphone display (-LCD or OLED-) to ever get all Green (Very Good to Excellent) Ratings in all test and measurement categories (except for Brightness variation with Viewing Angle, which is the case for all LCDs) since we started the Display Technology Shoot-Out article series in 2006"

So there it is in black in white- the iP6+ is only 1 of 2 displays ( of Oled or Lcd ) to rate that high since they began in 2006.

The iPhone 6 ( and 5s) win hands down in nearly all color accuracy test:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review/8

They said the iphone 6 has the best Lcd display .. While ( it was said in an earlier review)the S5 has the best amOLED display..these are different technologies though .. OLED's strength has been is displaying blacks.. While LCD is better with lights.. This is why displaymate said it was "unexpected" that the iPhone 6 still had better contrast in ambient lighting then the S5.

They also said "The iPhone 6 Plus is only the second Smartphone display (-LCD or OLED-) to ever get all Green (Very Good to Excellent) Ratings in all test and measurement categories (except for Brightness variation with Viewing Angle, which is the case for all LCDs) since we started the Display Technology Shoot-Out article series in 2006"

So there it is in black in white- the iP6+ is only 1 of 2 displays ( of Oled or Lcd ) to rate that high since they began in 2006.

The iPhone 6 ( and 5s) win hands down in nearly all color accuracy test:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review/8

Yeah I agree and at the bottom it reads

We recently gave the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 our overall Best Smartphone Display award, and for the time being that continues for all of the reasons originally mentioned there. In particular, for implementing Color Management to provide multiple Color Gamuts, and then using the Color Management to provide the Highest Absolute Color Accuracy for Standard (sRGB/Rec.709) consumer content of any Smartphone or Tablet display that we have ever measured (in one of its four available screen modes, which many reviewers seem to overlook).

I was just pointing this part out.  Not saying the iPhone 6 is bad or anything just that the Note 4 still has for the time being the best smartphone display and has the highest absolute color accuracy.  And the other 1 of 2 displays is the Note 4.

source

http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone6_ShootOut.htm

• Like 1

We recently gave the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 our overall [/size]Best Smartphone Display award, and for the time being that continues for all of the reasons originally mentioned [/size]there. In particular, for implementing Color Management to provide multiple Color Gamuts, and then using the Color Management to provide the [/size]Highest Absolute Color Accuracy for Standard (sRGB/Rec.709) consumer content of any Smartphone or Tablet display that we have ever measured (in one of its four available screen modes, which many reviewers seem to overlook).[/size]

I was just pointing this part out. Not saying the iPhone 6 is bad or anything just that the Note 4 still has for the time being the best smartphone display and has the highest absolute color accuracy. And the other 1 of 2 displays is the Note 4.

Yes but I was replying to you post 876 which insisted the S5 had the best display. The S5 does not have the same display as the Note4 ...and both the iP6 and 6+ beat the S5 in the majority of color accuracy test.

We recently gave the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 our overall [/size]Best Smartphone Display award, and for the time being that continues for all of the reasons originally mentioned [/size]there. In particular, for implementing Color Management to provide multiple Color Gamuts, and then using the Color Management to provide the [/size]Highest Absolute Color Accuracy for Standard (sRGB/Rec.709) consumer content of any Smartphone or Tablet display that we have ever measured (in one of its four available screen modes, which many reviewers seem to overlook).[/size]

--------------------------------

My post begins here.....

But that's not what you said ...

You said in post 876:

"Just to clarify the iPhone 6 has the best "LCD", Displaymate even mentioned that the S5 still has the best mobile screen"

The S5 and the Note 4 do not have the same display. The iP6 and iP6+ beat the S5 in color accuracy period. When displaymate talked about only "1 of 2" to ever be this good they refer to the iP6+ and the Note 4

Your post at 876 said Galaxy S5- which didn't come close to the iP6's let alone the Note 4

I was just pointing this part out. Not saying the iPhone 6 is bad or anything just that the Note 4 still has for the time being the best smartphone display and has the highest absolute color accuracy. And the other 1 of 2 displays is the Note 4.

Sorry I thought it was the S5 in my first post but upon reading the article again I see it was the Note 4 (It's been a long week). Doesn't change my point I was trying to make.  

Any more impressions on signal strength on b41?  The FCC numbers for band 41 blow everything else out of the water and I wonder if it's like that in real world usage.

Sorry I thought it was the S5 in my first post but upon reading the article again I see it was the Note 4 (It's been a long week). Doesn't change my point I was trying to make.

The ip6 and 6+ both won more display accuracy test then any device I beleive -except the Note 4.. What put the iP6+ in the top two ever winning that many areas ( which the other was the Note 4) iam not sure except maybe the 1080p versus ...iP6 which displays a hair above 720p ..and the higher iP6+ dpi which arguably is hard to detect - I couldnt see it. Even displaymate acknowledges in the S5 and Note reviews that some colors are hard to see at a higher dpi for a person with 20/20 vision. It depends on distance of even inches. This is why many 50-60 inch HD screens are only 150dpi
  • Like 1

Any more impressions on signal strength on b41? The FCC numbers for band 41 blow everything else out of the water and I wonder if it's like that in real world usage.

I am often on b41 more than b25 now when I'm out. This phone latches onto it and doesn't want to let it go. Even inside my campus with very low dbm I still average 3-6 down....

I'm satisfied with it

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 2

I am often on b41 more than b25 now when I'm out. This phone latches onto it and doesn't want to let it go. Even inside my campus with very low dbm I still average 3-6 down....

I'm satisfied with it

Yeah I'm getting LTE in places the 5c couldn't. That's all I care about because before the phone turned into a rock that lit up

The ip6 and 6+ both won more display accuracy test then any device I beleive -except the Note 4.. What put the iP6 in the top two ever winning that many areas ( which the other was the Note 4) iam not sure except maybe the 1080p versus ...iP6 which displays a hair above 720p ..and the dpi which arguably is hard to detect. Even displaymate acknowledges in the S5 and Note reviews that some colors are hard to see at a higher dpi for a person with 20/20 vision. It depends on distance of even inches. This is why many 50-60 inch HD screens are only 150dpi

Again I agree.  

Did you connect to band 26 on the 5c?

Are you connecting to band 26 on the 6?

There is an area of near broad where my speed would be around 1 mb down but I have to be getting b41 because I hit 30-40 now

As far as band 26.. I have no clue.. But isn't that sorta a last resort? Sprint seems to have set prl's on the iPhone so you won't hit that band unless there is the absence of everything else and that's probably how they want it.. Because from Sprints point of view it makes sense to set prl's so you don't utilize b26 unless it can't get much else - b26 doesn't have much bandwidth and you don't want to hand it out to those picking up the other two bands. The only problem is I have to be in a deep dark dungeon to pick up b26 it seems they made it impractical - my other bands maybe barely useable

There is an area of near broad where my speed would be around 1 mb down but I have to be getting b41 because I hit 30-40 now

As far as band 26.. I have no clue.. But isn't that sorta a last resort? Sprint seems to have set prl's on the iPhone so you won't hit that band unless there is the absence of everything else and that's probably how they want it

The prl doesn't control your LTE connection. You are correct, though, about the iPhone not using 1x800 ever for voice. Band 26 LTE is mostly for coverage extension, although you may occasionally get shunted over to band 26 during peak times for capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 6

The prl doesn't control your LTE connection. You are correct, though, about the iPhone not using 1x800 ever for voice. Band 26 LTE is mostly for coverage extension, although you may occasionally get shunted over to band 26 during peak times for capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Ok, but obviously the carrier must have control over what priority your phone chooses bands.. It makes no sense to have b26 as a priority if you pick up other bands and if you have little bandwidth of b26..

Maybe I'm way off but sprint must collaborate with phone makers based on whatever they decide will be best for .... ???

Ok, but obviously the carrier must have control over what priority your phone chooses bands.. It makes no sense to have b26 as a priority if you pick up other bands and if you have little bandwidth of b26..

Maybe I'm way off but sprint must collaborate with phone makers based on whatever they decide will be best for .... ???

It would make sense if b25 was at full capacity and there's no b41 signal. Then b26 would be used even if there's a good b25 signal.

The network decides what band you will connect to, not the phone.

• Like 1

Thinking about ordering another case for my iPhone 6. I'm not thrilled with the Spigen case not working with my iHome clock radio.

http://nuvango.com/andy-gilmore/chroma/iphone-6-case

Interesting case. Glad to see the wallpaper is included. :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Picked up my new phone.  DANG....  This phone is pretty sporty.

Garage Band...  Wish I had a use for it.  New presentation apps...  Will try soon.

Have connected to all three bands.  No speed tests yet but will do some soon.

• Like 5

As far as I know, B25 and B26 have the same capacity. It doesn't really matter which band you're on. The network controls it.

As far as I know, B25 and B26 have the same capacity. It doesn't really matter which band you're on. The network controls it.

There might be some markets where there is more bandwidth on the non B41's .. I really dont know but recall talk of going from 5Mhz to 10Mhz.. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

There might be some markets where there is more bandwidth on the non B41's .. I really dont know but recall talk of going from 5Mhz to 10Mhz.. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Aj made this chart a while back... I do not have a link to it