Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

Well what I would like to know is if this includes any part of SoCal ??? The documents show San Bernadino county so that's kind of a head scratcher considering that's SoCal and this is a waiver for all of Arizona mostly minus Tucson

San Bernardino County borders Arizona.

AJ

I've definitely been getting Sprint LTE on B26 in several West and North Valley locations.  I've visited a friend who has an apartment near I-17 and L-101 on two occasions over the last few weeks.  The signal was a moderate, with usable data transfer.  I've also seen it pop-up here and there while I've been out-and-about in town.  

Back to my friends location in far North Phx:  The apartment complex is (was) a dead zone for all 4 of the big networks. ATT and Verizon get some signal while outside.  T-Mo gets "1 bar" of LTE on her Samsung SGS7, assuming you're lucky enough to live on the 3rd floor of the complex.  Now, I'm pretty excited to report, after running a couple speed tests, that Sprint gets about 3-4 DL, and about .25 UL on LTE B26.  And, the other carriers are little to no service.  (Sorry, my first taste of B26 in my hometown and, I'm excited to see it!) 

:tu:

• Like 6

I've definitely been getting Sprint LTE on B26 in several West and North Valley locations. I've visited a friend who has an apartment near I-17 and L-101 on two occasions over the last few weeks. The signal was a moderate, with usable data transfer. I've also seen it pop-up here and there while I've been out-and-about in town.

Back to my friends location in far North Phx: The apartment complex is (was) a dead zone for all 4 of the big networks. ATT and Verizon get some signal while outside. T-Mo gets "1 bar" of LTE on her Samsung SGS7, assuming you're lucky enough to live on the 3rd floor of the complex. Now, I'm pretty excited to report, after running a couple speed tests, that Sprint gets about 3-4 DL, and about .25 UL on LTE B26. And, the other carriers are little to no service. (Sorry, my first taste of B26 in my hometown and, I'm excited to see it!)

:tu:

Must be nice. I use to live in Phoenix for about 6 years....moved back to Southern California 3 years ago and I'm STILL waiting on band 26 here. That being said my kids live in Phoenix and I visit them often so I'm pretty excited to finally see band 26 in action. Band 26 literally increases coverage in areas that lacked in Phoenix before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I moved to Phoenix four months ago from Orange County, switched to AT&T because I could only get 1x at work and EVDO in my neighborhood. So far, AT&T works very well in the valley, rarely drop LTE due to B12. Will jump back to Sprint eventually if B26 helps out and they decide to deploy small cells. The move to AT&T was never meant to be permanent for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I moved to Phoenix four months ago from Orange County, switched to AT&T because I could only get 1x at work and EVDO in my neighborhood. So far, AT&T works very well in the valley, rarely drop LTE due to B12. Will jump back to Sprint eventually if B26 helps out and they decide to deploy small cells. The move to AT&T was never meant to be permanent for me.

Do you run into any overloaded areas? I find a lot of them I my work device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you run into any overloaded areas? I find a lot of them I my work device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only overloaded a couple of times so far that I've noticed in the past two months, a Saturday near Arrowhead mall and a weekday near Sky Harbor...but even so it was usable for what I needed (around 4 Mbps). Otherwise no problems, and I'm all over the place from Peoria to far east Mesa. Not once has music streaming skipped or hesitated while driving.

• 9 months later...

Was in Phoenix ( Glendale, tempe, Scottsdale ) sprint performed very well.... Phoenix was part of 1st phase of band 41rollout ..so, all site we're 3xca that I connected to with new band 41 site running Nokia mini macros 2xca... Also, band 25 is now 10mhz in Phoenix that was good to see.. band 26 is a nice fill in for indoor coverage not crazy on speeds, but around 5-7mbps.... Also, the cell grid looks to be dense... don't know if that just started happening recently or has Phoenix been a pretty dense market?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Was in Phoenix ( Glendale, tempe, Scottsdale ) sprint performed very well.... Phoenix was part of 1st phase of band 41rollout ..so, all site we're 3xca that I connected to with new band 41 site running Nokia mini macros 2xca... Also, band 25 is now 10mhz in Phoenix that was good to see.. band 26 is a nice fill in for indoor coverage not crazy on speeds, but around 5-7mbps.... Also, the cell grid looks to be dense... don't know if that just started happening recently or has Phoenix been a pretty dense market?

Phoenix itself is really good, but there are a ton of weak areas in the east valley and Glendale. But it has improved a ton too. We need more density in the area surounding phoenix. 

Phoenix itself is really good, but there are a ton of weak areas in the east valley and Glendale. But it has improved a ton too. We need more density in the area surounding phoenix. 

Ya one weak spot was the West gate district.. the band 41 site is too far away so it drops to band 25 and that's a busy area .. at the time I was there speeds were ok , but once packed it's more then likely going to be a bad experience.... The Arrowhead mall received new band 41 upgrade since I was connected to a mini macro.. speed we're around 100mbps .. I was connected to band 41 85% of the time.. sprint was also good downtown went to a Phoenix Suns game and they perform well

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, burnout8488 said:

Planning a trip to Phoenix/Sedona/Grand Canyon later this year. I noticed the Grand Canyon now has Extended LTE roaming on Sprint. Who is the provider there? 

Commnet

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Any updates out of Phoenix..? I plan on making another trip that way ..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It has been pretty quite here. I have noticed some mini macros in phoenix itself. But out side of that not much has changed in the last year. 

Sprint has been a total flop for me here in Glendale. It's been bad for so long then it got good! It didn't last for 6 months and started getting bad again. Right now, my work use to be a fast 4G LTE spot averaging 9Mbps. Now I can't get LTE at all. It's been that way for over 2 years now.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm paying so little for my plan, I'd jump ship. 

I'm at 51st ave and Bell Rd. Major intersection. I'm getting 3.3Mbps UP and 2.1Mbps DOWN on LTE. Sad... really sad.  1% to Verizon my buttocks. :(

Yeah, I dont get it. VZW has a great reputation in the valley but they have started to slip a bit, ATT IS mediocre and Tmobile has a pretty bad network in the east valley at least. If sprint made the commitment in the network here this could be a growth market for them. 

On 4/16/2018 at 7:54 PM, 2ndchance said:

Sprint has been a total flop for me here in Glendale. It's been bad for so long then it got good! It didn't last for 6 months and started getting bad again. Right now, my work use to be a fast 4G LTE spot averaging 9Mbps. Now I can't get LTE at all. It's been that way for over 2 years now.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm paying so little for my plan, I'd jump ship. 

I'm at 51st ave and Bell Rd. Major intersection. I'm getting 3.3Mbps UP and 2.1Mbps DOWN on LTE. Sad... really sad.  1% to Verizon my buttocks. :(

The 1% is in reference to reliability. Your service works. Enjoy the service...real world usage is probably fine, which is why you stick around because you pay so little ?

18 hours ago, dw3bb10 said:

The 1% is in reference to reliability. Your service works. Enjoy the service...real world usage is probably fine, which is why you stick around because you pay so little ?

You're not wrong... that's for sure. However, there are many times me streaming I Heart Radio, I lose connection. So I wonder if the reliability claim is for just voice, or does it include data??

48 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

You're not wrong... that's for sure. However, there are many times me streaming I Heart Radio, I lose connection. So I wonder if the reliability claim is for just voice, or does it include data??

Data--the fact that you have LTE connectivity at all, no matter speed, strength, etc. I believe. 

11 hours ago, dw3bb10 said:

Data--the fact that you have LTE connectivity at all, no matter speed, strength, etc. I believe. 

I called Sprint today. They said as long as I have 3Mbps, it's considered 4G LTE. Most cases I don't even get that. I must be in a black hole.

10 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

I called Sprint today. They said as long as I have 3Mbps, it's considered 4G LTE. Most cases I don't even get that. I must be in a black hole.

Twiiter Marci calling sprint is pointless. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...