MaxPower

Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

My coverage sucks, I have no 4G, I'm at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. All there is is horrible 3G speeds. Text messages can take up to our ER an hour to get delivered to who I am sending them too.

Sent From My HTC M8 Harmon Kardon

94b0920eac7d8b7b13a578d54e32ecd1.jpg

Edited by thedrugstore

My coverage sucks, I have no 4G, I'm at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. All there is is horrible 3G speeds. Text messages can take up to our ER an hour to get delivered to who I am sending them too.

Sent From My HTC M8 Harmon Kardon

94b0920eac7d8b7b13a578d54e32ecd1.jpg

So what?

So I got the app. What is the BSL address? Is that the tower or where the network thinks I am

So what?

And your point is? If you don't have anything interesting to say please stop trolling

And your point is? If you don't have anything interesting to say please stop trolling

Welcome to S4GRU.  You are new here, so please understand the rules:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

S4GRU is not officially affiliated with Sprint.  Thus, S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints.

But S4GRU does have prodigious insider info in our sponsor sections on the progress of Network Vision rollout.  If you are interested, consider becoming a sponsor to help defray the non profit site operation costs.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

AJ

• Like 1

Anyone have any updates on our 800mhz via IBEZ zoning?

Sorry if I'm getting terms mixed, what I mean is when I see signal check pro telling me I'm connected on CDMA 800, I get very slow data speeds.

Can the phone not use 800 for voice and 1900 for data at the same time?

Yes... that's typically how it works. If you are connected to 1x800, that is what is being used for voice. If you have an EVDO connection, you are connected on 1900. Being connected to 1x800 does not have any impact on your speeds.

So i think this is where I should post this.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Where did u catch that?

Downtown chandler, I also noticed a second carrier at chandler and the 101.

• Like 1

B25 2??? First time I have seen that

ffdc67ddb74f82c78246e5833b135094.jpg

• Like 3

I see it occasionally at work, but only when I'm a couple hundred yards from the tower

I am about a mile from a tower and it keeps popping in and out

B25 2??? First time I have seen that

Signal check recently got an update to show B25 second carrier id's.

• Like 1

Ah ha

Can you get an engineering screenshot next time you see that?

Can you get an engineering screenshot next time you see that?

de70678593bff4f34c9ea3754bad58b1.jpg
  • Like 1

Right in the middle of PCS B-Block. :tu:

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Right in the middle of PCS B-Block. :tu:

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Does that mean there's two B25 carriers on that site? 10x10mhz?

Sent from my M8

Does that mean there's two B25 carriers on that site? 10x10mhz?

Sent from my M8

Two carriers.

Two carriers.

So no 70mbps peak speeds, just additional capacity?

That's very good, I'm hoping to see some of that in my market.  :tu:

So no 70mbps peak speeds, just additional capacity?

That's very good, I'm hoping to see some of that in my market.  :tu:

No to the speeds. You are not likely to see a 10x10 PCS carrier anywhere on Sprint. 

The second carrier still doubles the capacity of the site though (assuming it doesn't already have B41). So even though peak speeds are still around 37Mbps, the net effect is the same. More speed and capacity for everyone!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• There might be a u.fl connector inside for a GPS antenna, but I really don't know. There should be pictures on the FCCs website if you feel like digging. How many satellites does it see? Is there a large building outside the window where your magic box is? Anything significantly blocking the view of the horizon and sky? If so, is there a different spot you can move it? Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    • Is there any way to connect an external GPS antenna?  While my phone can get a good GPS lock, the MB Gold does not seem to be capable of doing so.  I don't mind taking this thing apart if it is possible.
    • Writing this from a few miles west of Fredericksburg, where my phone defaults to 5 MHz of B2 unless I flat-out block that band. No idea why, as B2 performance is can't-run-a-speedtest poor here. B66 is fine, with something like 15x15 spread over a few channels, though upload speeds are poor. NR is hit-or-miss (mostly miss); I'm not seeing more than ~-110 RSRP on B71 so that cell site is apparently nowhere near here. Thing is, since that spectrum is so quiet, I can still pull 20-35 Mbps down on that band (10x10), though of course upload speeds are poor. On the way here, I hit my highest-ever NR download speed: 201 Mbps, just north of where 290 WB merges into 281 for a bit. Uploads are low (~4 Mbps) and jitter was high, and I believe that was on 15 MHz of n71 plus >= 25 MHz of CA'd LTE (2+12+66 I think) but still impressive. I hit 179/22.7 right before. Basically as soon as we hit the Belterra shopping area west of Austin, the network went from being capacity constrained to...not. NR wasn't available for most of the trip, but LTE turned in some solid speeds (70/10) on T-Mobile. There was a point along the way where there was a near-complete dead zone...no Sprint, T-Mobile, or even AT&T roaming. I *might* have had 1x the entire time, but I think that even that dropped for about a half-mile. Sprint B26, then B25, were the first to come back, with T-Mobile B2 a mile or two later. If T-Mo put 600 wherever that Sprint site is on the west side of that dead zone, pretty sure there would be no more dead zone. As an aside, B12 lower-A/B are owned by West Central Wireless near Fredericksburg, so T-Mobile doesn't have B12 here, only B71 and mid-and. In contrast to T-Mobile's performance, Sprint had usable B41 most of the way, though there were points where my phone dipped to B25/26 if I didn't force 41. Actually got the fastest B41 download speeds I've seen on my phone around Deep Eddy, at 196/4 and 179/5. I think this was even on a MiniMacro rather than a full cell site. Finally, yesterday east of Pflugerville (east of Lake Pflugerville) I hit 86.7/46.6 on 10 MHz of n71. Yes, some of that was CA, and yes, that's in a sweet spot where you're at the edge of urban cell spacing but are on a sector pointed out into the countryside, but I'll take it. By contrast, Sprint's MiniMacro had poor service there.
    • They won't have to deploy midband RRUs to meet deployment requirements since 600/700/800 travels further, and the tech is the same for both. Midband will be solely a capacity play, since that'll get them 40 MHz of downlink and 15 MHz of uplink in most areas (see https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/wake-doj-deal-where-dish-s-spectrum-and-how-much-does-it-have). That's on top of low-band, which after n26 comes online will be 20x15 (albeit split over three different bands) at least, and a symmetric amount more in some markets. With a comparatively minuscule customer count, the network should fly with that amount of spectrum. My guess is that in three years Dish won't have touched 30% of the US population, so T-Mobile will be able to renew 600 licenses in those areas uncontested, including in plenty of rural areas, for another three years. For the remaining 70% of the US population (which will be a pretty small % of territory, so a rather small number of licenses), there'll be areas where Dish will try to squeak by with a low-band-only build, and *those* are the areas they'll be compete more on for spectrum leasing. For areas where there's enough traffic to build out mid-band, Dish may or may not need the extra 600...and those are probably the same areas T-Mobile will have a blanket of n41...so competition for that spectrum may be a bit more tepid, with the winner being whoever has more 600 sites lit since site density will determine capacity. One interesting thing to note here: Boost already sells a phone that's (partially) compatible with Dish's upcoming network: the S20 (n66 and n71). In pure dollar terms, they're subsidizing that phone the most our of their entire lineup, selling it at $720. Still spendy, but at least they'll have *some* phones in the field that support the new network, and as time goes on they'll be able to sell the S20 for cheaper. Assuming they're okay with folks dropping down to T-Mobile LTE for voice since the X55 modem can't do VoNR, and sitting primarily on n71 because the phone can't aggregate NR-NR. It's probably worthwhile for them to get a variant of the S20 recertified with n70, as that's adjacent to bands 66 and 25 so radio performance should still be fine. That would give the S20 access to their full native mid-band network on a phone most likely to be picked up by the folks who'd use the most data on their network. With all that said, I would *not* expect Dish to pick up any more 5G phones until they're able to get one with an X60 or equivalent modem; having a network spread across slices of five bands from the get-go means NR-NR aggregation is important, and it'll take VoNR to keep phones from dropping down to roaming on TMo to make phone calls. So I don't expect Boost will get the A51 5G or A71 5G...better to sell LTE-only phones and then introduce phones with better chipsets later, to avoid heavily subsidizing phones twice. Then, once you've got a $400 phone with VoNR, sell bundle it with two months of unlimited-everything service and you're off to the races. I figure we'll be at that point by this time next year, at which point I'll probably pick that phone up to see what Dish's network is like...as long as they allow tethering at full speed.