Moto X 2014 (was "Motorola IHDT56QA1")

NateC

Ok. Is it possible that instead of two Moto X models that Sprint will only carry the Pure Edition Moto X? Personally, I like what I have read so far about it. Could yhe model gound on the FCC site be that phone?

No this is not the pure edition. If another CCA carrier is going to sell it though there is no reason it wouldn't work on sprint.... Unless it is black listed.

Can you confirm Punit Soni was the one that made that statement. Didn't he leave Motorola?

Yup, that little badge means he's verified.

64Dhpul.png

You can check for yourself: https://plus.google.com/+josuejoseph1991/posts/XaPbNesBPoD

He said the following:

Why carriers carry or not carry phones has a lot to do with their portfolio, requirements and how OEMs slot into them.

Can you confirm Punit Soni was the one that made that statement. Didn't he leave Motorola?

Judging by his pic, did he leave Motorola to serve Daddy Warbucks?

Punjab-1.jpeg

AJ

• Like 1

So just a FYI, Motorola and Sprint have confirmed that their will be no Sprint model.

Given the crappy review by anandtech and the growing "next nexus" rumors, I guess it makes sense.

Why buy this for $500 when you could be the next nexus for much less and better specs/no carrier bloat.

Given the crappy review by anandtech and the growing "next nexus" rumors, I guess it makes sense.

Why buy this for $500 when you could be the next nexus for much less and better specs/no carrier bloat.

It actually makes sense not to buy the $500 model but to be honest I prefer the Moto X over the current Nexus 5..

I love stock android and my previous phone have been Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and skipped the Nexus 5 for the Moto X, quality of the phone, how it feels in the hand, quality of audio in calls and videos exceed and beat the Nexus 5 in my opinion.

It actually makes sense not to buy the $500 model but to be honest I prefer the Moto X over the current Nexus 5..

I love stock android and my previous phone have been Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and skipped the Nexus 5 for the Moto X, quality of the phone, how it feels in the hand, quality of audio in calls and videos exceed and beat the Nexus 5 in my opinion.

You are comparing two completely different phones.

Given that the next nexus is widely rumored to be made by Moto, why are you comparing it against teh nexus 5?

You are comparing two completely different phones.

Given that the next nexus is widely rumored to be made by Moto, why are you comparing it against teh nexus 5?

Because the Nexus 5 is the current phone. Still unsure about the new nexus so cant compare to something that is not in the market yet. Based on my ownership of the phones I had. I can see the pros and cons about the nexus phones against the Moto X 2013

Actually I find the comparison interesting.  I was looking at the new Moto X the other day as I am getting a little impatient waiting on the rumored new one.  As I was going through the specs though, I kept saying same, same, same.  So in reality it seemed the only thing the new Moto X was giving me as fancy colors and engraving.  I think it is a nice phone but the specs seemed so similar it was not worth paying for an upgrade at the moment.  Now had I not had the Nexus 5 yet, I might get the Moto X over it.  

Actually I find the comparison interesting.  I was looking at the new Moto X the other day as I am getting a little impatient waiting on the rumored new one.  As I was going through the specs though, I kept saying same, same, same.  So in reality it seemed the only thing the new Moto X was giving me as fancy colors and engraving.  I think it is a nice phone but the specs seemed so similar it was not worth paying for an upgrade at the moment.  Now had I not had the Nexus 5 yet, I might get the Moto X over it.  

I guess comparison varies on what kind of use you give to the phone. Some might use it for gaming, others for taking pictures, other for work related stuff or just as a way to communicate with others socially. So opinions will vary.... 

Customization is just an value add for the customer.

It is interesting that Motorola would go out of its way to make it difficult for Sprint and T-Mobile. I mean lets be honest now that Sprint is getting its challenger groove back, and T-Mobile shows no signs of slowing down, why would Motorola cede badly needed ground to Samsung/HTC/Apple? I mean the Pure Edition even has caveats for T-Mobile as it lacks Band 12 LTE.

That being said it will be interested to see what the Nexus X has to offer us. I am really hoping they put a better battery than the Nexus 5, I was using a HTC One M8 and could actually forget to charge that, versus the 3+ times a day for my Nexus.

It is interesting that Motorola would go out of its way to make it difficult for Sprint and T-Mobile. I mean lets be honest now that Sprint is getting its challenger groove back, and T-Mobile shows no signs of slowing down, why would Motorola cede badly needed ground to Samsung/HTC/Apple? I mean the Pure Edition even has caveats for T-Mobile as it lacks Band 12 LTE.

That being said it will be interested to see what the Nexus X has to offer us. I am really hoping they put a better battery than the Nexus 5, I was using a HTC One M8 and could actually forget to charge that, versus the 3+ times a day for my Nexus.

Pure Edition bands cover Sprint's network? Wish someone would say why, i understand exclusives yet Sprint sold #1. Guess looking forward to seeing if the pure edition will work on Sprint and to see the next Nexus. I like the customizing option though.

Pure Edition bands cover Sprint's network? Wish someone would say why, i understand exclusives yet Sprint sold #1. Guess looking forward to seeing if the pure edition will work on Sprint and to see the next Nexus. I like the customizing option though.

No the Pure Edition is a GSM only phone. It has the following band support for LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17, 29) All Sprint's and T-Mobile's lower A block 700MHz (Band 12) are missing. Do you have a article that says Sprint sold the highest number of Moto X's?

This about how I am feeling. Want a Moto X with bigger battery and better camera? Here it is http://m.intomobile.com/2014/09/15/want-new-moto-x-heres-buy-lg-g2-instead/

Specs are pretty much the same but just having stock android its the reason why I wanted a Moto X.

Specs are pretty much the same but just having android stock its the reason why I wanted a Moto X.

I agree, the moto ui would be better, but at $200 vs $575 or whatever I'll just root and use xposed mods. Especially when the $200 option has the bigger battery

I agree, the moto ui would be better, but at $200 vs $575 or whatever I'll just root and use xposed mods. Especially when the $200 option has the bigger battery

Actually funny story, my friend lost his Galaxy Nexus while in Vegas, we went to the store and decided to go with the LG2 because of the bigger battery after looking at the Moto X . He used the phone during the weekend and on Monday saw him again with the Moto X. I asked what happened,  stated that he preferred Stock and that he didn't like any of the mods available for the LG2. 

After that I upgraded my Gnex to the Moto X

• Like 1