Moto X 2014 (was "Motorola IHDT56QA1")

NateC

n5 would work only if the roaming carrier was using sprints existing bands (ie 800/1900/2600).

Or one of the other N5 compliant LTE bands, like B4, B5 and B17.  A Sprint SIM card would just need to receive an update to scan those bands too.  Currently the N5 does not scan those other bands with a Sprint SIM card in it.

Robert

• Like 3

This phone is looking better and better. Sounds like it will be as close to Nexus as you can get.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/12/motorolas-unlocked-moto-x-will-be-called-the-pure-edition/

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If there is no Nexus this year or the Nexus specs or RF figures are inferior to this (especially battery), I could see this as my next smartphone. Looking good.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If there is no Nexus this year or the Nexus specs or RF figures are inferior (especially battery), I could see this as my next smartphone. Looking good.

Totally agree. Or if they go 5.9" on the Nexus like some have speculated. I have a N3 now, but am ready to downsize back to a 5.2 or so.

• Like 1

Totally agree. Or if they go 5.9" on the Nexus like some have speculated. I have a N3 now, but am ready to downsize back to a 5.2 or so.

4.9" - 5.3" screen size is my preferred range in a smartphone. Maybe 5.5" with nearly zero bezel. Note 2 was slightly too big for my taste.

• Like 3

4.9" - 5.3" screen size is my preferred range in a smartphone. Maybe 5.5" with nearly zero bezel. Note 2 was slightly too big for my taste.

I'd like something between the HTC Evo 4G LTE at 4.7in. and the One M8 at 5in.

• Like 1

I've really enjoyed my EVO LTE. It doesn't seem like they will continue the EVO line...

I still wonder how a case will affect the reception on the Mofo X

Moto + case = 3x the EVO LTE reception without case :P

• Like 7

If there is no Nexus this year or the Nexus specs or RF figures are inferior to this (especially battery), I could see this as my next smartphone. Looking good.

I concur. Even if I still pick up an HTC One M8, the 2014 Moto X or Nexus 5 successor will join my arsenal. I cannot find much not to like about the Moto X -- except the AMOLED screen, especially as it is PenTile. But I understand the rationale behind using AMOLED for partial screen active notifications.

AJ

• Like 3

I concur. Even if I still pick up an HTC One M8, the 2014 Moto X or Nexus 5 successor will join my arsenal. I cannot find much not to like about the Moto X -- except the AMOLED screen, especially as it is PenTile. But I understand the rationale behind using AMOLED for partial screen active notifications.

AJ

This. I need something below 5.2 in. so any sort of "Nexus 6" is out. But the AMOLED worries me. My brother's 6-month-old S4T already has some mild burn in. The M8 is cool, but a bit too expensive for me.

I've never had AMOLED burn in problems. And the way I keep SignalCheck live on my screens all the time for the past few years, I think I'd be a good candidate for burn in. I don't doubt some experience this. But I don't think it's common like it used to be.

• Like 3

Is this phone going to support Band 41 CA?

No.

AJ

• Like 1

I've never had AMOLED burn in problems. And the way I keep SignalCheck live on my screens all the time for the past few years, I think I'd be a good candidate for burn in. I don't doubt some experience this. But I don't think it's common like it used to be.

I have a photon 4g and a photon q and have not seen any burn in on either of them.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I apologize if I missed it earlier in the thread but is that a chipset limitation?

Snapdragon 801 has an integrated Category 4 baseband.

AJ

The 2300 mAh battery is concerning, as others mentioned. If the Android L isn't as efficient as touted, that's a problem for me.

Engadget reviewed the phone and said they were able to make it through the day with a lot of usage on it. I don't see it being an issue.

Engadget reviewed the phone and said they were able to make it through the day with a lot of usage on it. I don't see it being an issue.

Yeah I'm going to wait for some real world reports, and usage from folks here, and also waiting to see what a possible Nexus X holds. Hopefully you're right.

Yeah I'm going to wait for some real world reports, and usage from folks here, and also waiting to see what a possible Nexus X holds. Hopefully you're right.

Real world will be longer than Engadget says because they put it through a full stress test. Plus that's even good results before android L comes out.