Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

I see it's also available on Verizon.

This might be the first time I drop HTC. This device looks absolutely awesome! The only thing I need confirmation on is the camera. I am obsessed with photography.

Seriously....3200 mah and it can only get 9.5 hours of use on wifi....For all nexus lovers, I sure hope that improves. 

Ive read 24hrs, do you mean under heavy use...

Typical android phones last about 2-3hrs of screen on time. So 9.5hrs of actual screen on time would be pretty epic!

$649.  That's steep.  This is really designed to be a contract device.  Bummer.  I do like the one model for all North America carriers though.  I may buy, but I am not going to rush out and get it.  I will want to hear about the SIM interoperability with other providers.  If it ends up being fully open on Verizon too, then I may do it.

• Like 1

$649.  That's steep.  This is really designed to be a contract device.  Bummer.  I do like the one model for all North America carriers though.  I may buy, but I am not going to rush out and get it.  I will want to hear about the SIM interoperability with other providers.  If it ends up being fully open on Verizon too, then I may do it.

Definitely a buzz kill, but still would be the go-to device under contract. 

I was going to post my G3 today on ebay, but almost same specs as G3 and no Sprint CA support makes me think twice.

The most appealing thing is its compatibility with every major carrier in the United States.  It's a major step forward in the right direction in this regard.

There's one model for all U.S. carriers? I haven't read that yet. Is there a link to that info?

There's one model for all U.S. carriers? I haven't read that yet. Is there a link to that info?

It's up a few posts:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6363-motorola-nexus-6-was-nexus-x-talk-leaked/?p=373765

It says it covers Verizon B13 and B4.  Since only Verizon uses B13, it makes us believe that Verizon may be covered.  And I believe the FCC has already smacked VZW's hand once over blocking the Nexus 7 when they tried to block its use on their B13 network.

• Like 1

I see it's also available on Verizon.

This might be the first time I drop HTC. This device looks absolutely awesome! The only thing I need confirmation on is the camera. I am obsessed with photography.

Pray that Verizon doesn't screw it like the galexy nexus

http://www.google.com/nexus/6/

I saw this at the bottom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s3yv25zq3qbdyd/screenshot-www%20google%20com%202014-10-15%2012-24-17.png?dl=0

Also, that pen is just for show, right?

Edited by always_learner
  • Like 1

Do we have the rural LTE band supports here?

"LTE: Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41"

That supports every single lte frequency band in use in north america. 

• Like 6

$649. That's steep. This is really designed to be a contract device. Bummer. I do like the one model for all North America carriers though. I may buy, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I will want to hear about the SIM interoperability with other providers. If it ends up being fully open on Verizon too, then I may do it.

I was hopping under $500. $650 is the same price like the Note 4 and 6+ 16GB model .

If amazon wireless offer the nexus 6 for $99 with 2 year contract I will get it (been with sprint for 14 years.2 more will not hurt lol)

Only two models in the world.

(XT1103) for the US and (XT1100) for the rest of the world. 

Is there a technical reason for not having one model for the whole world? FCC might be the political reason.

Is there a technical reason for not having one model for the whole world? FCC might be the political reason.

Uh, why would the FCC be a "political reason"?  That sounds like thinly veiled rhetoric.

AJ

Is that Carrier Aggregation that I see?

Yes.  But no soup for you!

AJ