Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

If true, I wonder for how much would it go for. Having the Moto X (2014) as a reference point at $500 and the Note 4 at $700, what do you guys think would be the price for this beast? Affordable phablet?

My prediction would be that this device will go for $399 for the 16gb and $450 for 32gb option.  Personally, I think it might be just a little bit too big for me but at that price and those specs I will get  one for sure.

• Like 1

My prediction would be that this device will go for $399 for the 16gb and $450 for 32gb option. Personally, I think it might be just a little bit too big for me but at that price and those specs I will get one for sure.

I'm hoping for 32g and 64g options or microsd card slot. A 64g option much more likely than the card slot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm hoping for 32g and 64g options or microsd card slot. A 64g option much more likely than the card slot.

Yeah, I don't think the SD card slot will happen. 32gb/64gb options are likely.

I'm not sure if this is real but the guy that created this thread claims to have used the nexus 6. There are two interesting things he says. First, his friend who uses the nexus lives in Overland Park KS and the phone wasn't using the Verizon network. Hint hint. Second, apparently the camera blew him away.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2ip6bm/cpuid_of_motorola_shamu_nexus/

My prediction would be that this device will go for $399 for the 16gb and $450 for 32gb option. Personally, I think it might be just a little bit too big for me but at that price and those specs I will get one for sure.

$399 would be a great price for a device with those specs, considering the competition. What components would be sacrified to achieve that? Battery, wireless charging?

I'm not sure if this is real but the guy that created this thread claims to have used the nexus 6. There are two interesting things he says. First, his friend who uses the nexus lives in Overland Park KS and the phone wasn't using the Verizon network. Hint hint. Second, apparently the camera blew him away.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2ip6bm/cpuid_of_motorola_shamu_nexus/

If you look two pages back this was already linked....

$399 would be a great price for a device with those specs, considering the competition. What components would be sacrified to achieve that? Battery, wireless charging?

I would definitely expect it to have wireless charging and with a 5.9" screen I will be extremely pissed if it has anything smaller than a 3200mah battery.  I don't think anything will be gimped maybe other than the actual material that it is made out of, which really isn't a complaint, because I really did like the soft touch of the nexus 5 so I hope the n6 will have a similar feel.

I would definitely expect it to have wireless charging and with a 5.9" screen I will be extremely pissed if it has anything smaller than a 3200mah battery.  I don't think anything will be gimped maybe other than the actual material that it is made out of, which really isn't a complaint, because I really did like the soft touch of the nexus 5 so I hope the n6 will have a similar feel.

From the leaks of the Nexus 9 it looks like they may be using that soft rubber type feel again. Initially I was upset that the N5 wasn't more premium feeling, but the soft rubber and slate of glass on top grew on me.

From the leaks of the Nexus 9 it looks like they may be using that soft rubber type feel again. Initially I was upset that the N5 wasn't more premium feeling, but the soft rubber and slate of glass on top grew on me.

It grew on me as well and if I could change anything on the n5 it would be having a curved back like on the m8.  So even though it may not be as premium I think that soft rubber with a curved back would be the most comfortable option and from the leaked photos so far it looks like that how the n6 will be.

• Like 1

I was banking on the Z3 from Sony but it looks like Sprint's passed on that.  From what I am hearing (via Reddit), Sprint's got testing models out of the Shamu and it is indeed the N6.  I am just lost at whether I want a device THAT big.  5.9" screen is HUGE, bigger than the Note 4 screen.

The next big wave of phones will be April of next year, so I may wait until the next HTC or Samsung releases.

I just got rid of my Note 3 because I was tired of the larger size, although that phone was a beast. So I don't think I'll be picking up the Nexus at 5.9".

I'll be sticking with my N5 until something jumps out at me. At this point I'm looking forward to Android L to see the improved battery life.

I am starting to feel like I am one in a small group who actually wants the Nexus 6, everything I read people seem to want a smaller version and I do understand that.  Last year I was going to get a note 3 before I ended up with a Nexus 5, vanilla android is what I prefer and I like having a unlocked phone as well.  Waiting to see what Google has in store for the Nexus 6, I really hope it's supported on Sprint this time around (fingers crossed).

• Like 3

Since my predictions have about the same accuracy as any random website, I am predicting a mid October 15/16 announcement (no major event) with an availability a few weeks after that.

• Like 1

I had the N2 & N3, I can handle s bigger phone. I am looking forward to the pure Android experience. Just wish the leak could be more accurate (like pics showing some info & dates)

@evleaks: What a depressing few days. I remember 1 thing that used to make me feel better, tho. No mark in deference to Nexus. pic.twitter.com/76zhSfu8rJ

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/522009640910200833

The way that power button looks on the side, it looks like this phone is 10' tall...

The way that power button looks on the side, it looks like this phone is 10' tall...

It looks pretty big but we'll see official specs before making judgment. This is definitely a render so there may be noticeable differences from the final product.
  • Like 1

I remember the other leaks mentioning that it was placed farther towards the middle to aid with one handed operation. 

• Like 1