Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

I am tempted to return the 6 Plus to the Sprint store and get a nexus 6.  Will the Nexus 6 be unlocked from Sprint to work on T-mobile?  Anyone know?

Probably. The Nexus 5 was.

So after reading the bad reviews on the Nexus 6 I got a iPhone 6 Plus.

A few things to note:

Pros:

• TouchID is awesome
  • The display is awesome
  • The battery life is awesome
  • The build quality is awesome
  • It's ability to shift between bands and pick up LTE is awesome

Cons:

• Notifications suck.
  • The vibrate motor is loud as hell.

I am tempted to return the 6 Plus to the Sprint store and get a nexus 6.  Will the Nexus 6 be unlocked from Sprint to work on T-mobile?  Anyone know?

So do those 2 cons out weight the pros for you? Or do you just prefer Android that much?

So do those 2 cons out weight the pros for you? Or do you just prefer Android that much?

Definitely prefer many aspects of android to iOS.

But from a hardware perspective, the iPhone is hands down better than any android phone I've played with.

Got tracking number from sprint for my N6!! Can't wait!

I got my tracking number and it will be delivered Thursday to my office. That day they decide to send me an hour away for the day so it won't be until Friday now. Aaaaaargh.

On a side note T-Mobile is selling the 64 gig unit for 29.00 ez pay or 699.00.....damn Sprint need s to wake up.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Definitely prefer many aspects of android to iOS.

But from a hardware perspective, the iPhone is hands down better than any android phone I've played with.

This iphone has been the only one that has done it for me looks/design wise.

However, I don't think I could ever deal with the apple/iOs system.

That being said, what about the N6 turned you off? 

does it bend?

So after reading the bad reviews on the Nexus 6 I got a iPhone 6 Plus.

A few things to note:

Pros:

• TouchID is awesome
  • The display is awesome
  • The battery life is awesome
  • The build quality is awesome
  • It's ability to shift between bands and pick up LTE is awesome

Cons:

• Notifications suck.

• Like 2

This iphone has been the only one that has done it for me looks/design wise.

However, I don't think I could ever deal with the apple/iOs system.

That being said, what about the N6 turned you off? 

Yeah, the iOS is meh.

N6 display is horribly calibrated, according to anandtech, uses last gen samoled panels leading to low brightness, bad colors, etc.

Battery life is shown is being pretty subpar.

Those are my big grips.  I will say, there was some learning curve on lollipop but it's really grown on me.

Yeah, the iOS is meh.

N6 display is horribly calibrated, according to anandtech, uses last gen samoled panels leading to low brightness, bad colors, etc.

Battery life is shown is being pretty subpar.

Those are my big grips.  I will say, there was some learning curve on lollipop but it's really grown on me.

Unlike iOS devices, screen calibration can be adjusted with a kernel, and battery life is good but not amazing, but will continue to improve over time. 

If simplicity is all that mattered, iOS would win everytime, fortunately lollipop is in another world compared to iOS.

Unlike iOS devices, screen calibration can be adjusted with a kernel, and battery life is good but not amazing, but will continue to improve over time. 

If simplicity is all that mattered, iOS would win everytime, fortunately lollipop is in another world compared to iOS.

Yeah, iOS is just not as robust.

I received my nexus 6 today from google play store, took it to a sprint store and they said they could not activate it. So I'm not exactly sure what's going on.

None of the IMEIs outside of Sprint have been whitelisted.

They need to manually add your IMEI.  The store needs to put in a ticket to have them add it.

What a pain, right?

• Like 1

They need to manually add your IMEI.  The store needs to put in a ticket to have them add it.

What a pain, right?

Good to know before I get mine.  Does anyone know if the stores will have any sim cards?  Somehow I forgot to order one.  

What a pain, right?

Actually it appears that the devices from Motorola were just recently whitelisted.  Check out XDA.  Quite a few people are having success now by just entering the information online to activate their devices themselves.

Edit:  When trying to activate the device yourself online, leave off the last digit from the IMEI.  It just needs the MEID and UICC numbers.

• Like 5

Good to know before I get mine. Does anyone know if the stores will have any sim cards? Somehow I forgot to order one.

It was communicated to stores last Wednesday to order the sim cards in anticipation for the arrival of Play Store devices. I can't speak for whether or not your local store actually ordered them or not. They also should not be charging for the sim card.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

• Like 2

Cons:

• Notifications suck.

I am tempted to return the 6 Plus to the Sprint store and get a nexus 6. Will the Nexus 6 be unlocked from Sprint to work on T-mobile? Anyone know?

May I ask what sucks about the notifications? Is it the fact that you either get the screen to light up with an optional camera led flash, or have a banner roll down while using the phone? Personally, I feel notifications suck on android. The screen has never lit up on any android I've ever owned (without the help of an app), and it just throws up an icon that usually gets buried with 12 other unnecessary icons. up top. It sounds like you're happy with the iPhone other than that little nuisance.

Sent from my iPhone 6

May I ask what sucks about the notifications? Is it the fact that you either get the screen to light up with an optional camera led flash, or have a banner roll down while using the phone? Personally, I feel notifications suck on android. The screen has never lit up on any android I've ever owned (without the help of an app), and it just throws up an icon that usually gets buried with 12 other unnecessary icons. up top. It sounds like you're happy with the iPhone other than that little nuisance.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Every android phone I have owned has had a notification LED. My current one (Nexus 5) even changes color based on what notifications I have. We've also had actionable notifications for awhile.
  • Like 1

YAY got an email earlier today 19th November saying my N6 has shipped from kentucky.  ETA end of day Friday 21st November.  And you all were right the price drop did happen.  Glad I waited it out and ordered today 19th November.  Cant Wait!