Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

CCA/RRPP compliant devices use CSIM's.

While quickly researching what a CSIM is, I stumbled across this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644014 

Does anyone know if this is true and if it'll also apply to the Nexus 6? It seems really ridiculous that they'd domestic lock the phone permanently and internationally lock it by default if you bought it full price.

While quickly researching what a CSIM is, I stumbled across this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644014

Does anyone know if this is true and if it'll also apply to the Nexus 6? It seems really ridiculous that they'd domestic lock the phone permanently and internationally lock it by default if you bought it full price.

The Nexus 5 was completely unlocked, domestically and internationally. Until told otherwise I am assuming the same of the Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Somebody prod one of these reviewers into punching in ##DEBUG# and posting a screenshot.

AJ

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but Nexus 6 isn't a Cat 6 UE capable of 300Mbps.

It's Cat 4 capable of 150Mbps, using Qualcomm's "Fusion 4" solution, leveraging APQ8084 + MDM9625. I was hoping that it's going to be a Cat 6, which would really benefit Sprint's subscribers more than anyone else, assuming that Sprint fulfills their promise, and actually launches 20+20MHz TDD LTE Carrier Aggregation markets this year..

FCZKDzi.png

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but Nexus 6 isn't a Cat 6 UE capable of 300Mbps.

It's Cat 4 capable of 150Mbps, using Qualcomm's "Fusion 4" solution, leveraging APQ8084 + MDM9625. I was hoping that it's going to be a Cat 6, which would really benefit Sprint's subscribers more than anyone else, assuming that Sprint fulfills their promise, and actually launches 20+20MHz TDD LTE Carrier Aggregation markets this year..

We have not published it yet, but you are aware that the Sprint variant Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is the first Category 6, band 41 carrier aggregation capable handset.

AJ

• Like 7

We have not published it yet, but you are aware that the Sprint variant Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is the first Category 6, band 41 carrier aggregation capable handset.

AJ

That is absolutely wonderful news for Sprint subs! I have a feeling Note Edge is going to sell really well.

I was under the impression that all Snapdragon 805 devices should naturally be paired with MDM9635, but I was wrong. Perhaps, I was deceived with early Note 4/LG G3 tech reviews of Korean variant, and iFixit teardown. US variants are definitely not loaded with MDM9635.

Qualcomm has internal codenames for their Snapdragon 805 + modem solutions:

- Fusion 4   = APQ8085 + MDM9x25

- Fusion 4.5 = APQ8085 + MDM9x35

Fusion 4.5 has been mainly used for Korean variants so far, and it looks like Galaxy Note Edge will be the first 300Mbps capable US variant.

37uadEP.png

• Like 1

I don't have the case yet. It will be released on Monday from a seller on Amazon.

Here is a link in-case you want to check it out. It should ship to me on Monday. I've been using the same case on my LG G3 and really like it.

http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Ultra-Bumper-Protective-Google/dp/B00OMMLL8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414714118&sr=8-1&keywords=Tudia+nexus+6

I already have ordered this case since I have one on my Nexus 5 that has protected me from drops, and is super slim for factor with a belt clip that adds extra protection from drops as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OGXQ3LC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A209HAH4Z0MGU9

It seems like the Nexus 6 will only be back on the GPlay store site after carrier's launch it. This may or may not diminish the reason to buy a Nexus device. Carriers add their own software spin, and it may not be able to be used on other carriers. I like having the Nexus 5 because of fast updates, and the fact that I have a Tmobile Sim should I ever want to use it, or even an AT&T Sims which would never happen, but I at least had those options.

Will a play store Nexus be able to be used on all Us carriers including Verizon, and would a carrier Nexus 6 be locked to carriers as when launched back in the old Galaxy Nexus lines?

I believe that the success of G Play activation's by carrier subscribers made the carriers pressure Google to raise the price, because the Play store sold 32gig Nexus 5 for the price that the carriers sold 16 gb versions, and they now want to get a piece of the pie.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

It seems like the Nexus 6 will only be back on the GPlay store site after carrier's launch it. This may or may not diminish the reason to buy a Nexus device. Carriers add their own software spin, and it may not be able to be used on other carriers. I like having the Nexus 5 because of fast updates, and the fact that I have a Tmobile Sim should I ever want to use it, or even an AT&T Sims which would never happen, but I at least had those options.

Will a play store Nexus be able to be used on all Us carriers including Verizon, and would a carrier Nexus 6 be locked to carriers as when launched back in the old Galaxy Nexus lines?

I believe that the success of G Play activation's by carrier subscribers made the carriers pressure Google to raise the price, because the Play store sold 32gig Nexus 5 for the price that the carriers sold 16 gb versions, and they now want to get a piece of the pie.

I don't believe carrier's can add their own software spin to nexus devices. It goes against what the nexus program is all about pure android and android development. It would not be pure anymore if carriers put in their own bloatware.

There is a big difference between carrier branded devices and devices sold by carriers.

• Like 2

I don't believe carrier's can add their own software spin to nexus devices. It goes against what the nexus program is all about pure android and android development. It would not be pure anymore if carriers put in their own bloatware.

There is a big difference between carrier branded devices and devices sold by carriers.

Isn't it true that Nexus 5 phones bought on Tmobile won't work on Sprint?

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Isn't it true that Nexus 5 phones bought on Tmobile won't work on Sprint?

That was more of a problem related with logistics than software.

From what I recall nexus 5's purchased from T-Mobile IMEI/MEID numbers were missing from Sprint's database.

I grabbed two 32gb blues on the 29th, i was looking for a white 64gb but i didnt was able to buy it. I hope google sent them soon, it would be a slap in the face to everyone that tried to buy or actually buy them on playstore if the carriers have them on the 12th before the play order are shipped. Mine said to be shipped on nov. 21.

From what I recall nexus 5's purchased from T-Mobile IMEI/MEID numbers were missing from Sprint's database.

The T-Mobile purchased Nexus 5s were "un-included."

:P

AJ

• Like 5

nexus 6 page updated;

We are getting more Nexus 6 devices in stock as soon as possible. To make things simpler for you, we will work to make more devices available each Wednesday and encourage you to visit the site then. 

The Nexus 6 will also be available in AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular stores later in November. Please check with your local carrier store for more information.

• Like 1