Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Wow,

It appears that I got really lucky they are all sold out of everything now.

Nope.  You are just an Oklahoma Sooner.  You jumped the gun.

AJ

• Like 1

Now they have a message up: 

"We are out of inventory. Please check back soon".  Oh Well,

Killed my F5 key for not. 

I think they are preparing themselves.

Exactly.

AJ

Wow,

It appears that I got really lucky they are all sold out of everything now.

Have you got a email receipt yet?

Now they have a message up: 

"We are out of inventory. Please check back soon".  Oh Well,

Killed my F5 key for not. 

Everything is gone - they sold out all the things!

Mr Yuck is sad...

If this really was the launch, then Google Play had all of 15 of each color in stock.  Bad show.

AJ

• Like 3

If this really was the launch, then Google Play had all of 15 of each color in stock. Bad show.

AJ

I just got each of them to show for a second, added to cart, then when I clicked checkout it said my cart was empty...

I just got each of them to show for a second, added to cart, then when I clicked checkout it said my cart was empty...

Same for me... Odd launch, that's for sure...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If this really was the launch, then Google Play had all of 15 of each color in stock.  Bad show.

And if this really was the launch, my guess is that the wireless operators got a much, much larger proportion of the stock this year.  The Nexus 6 price is just too high to warrant as many off contract or non financed sales through Google Play.

AJ

AJ

That's funny.  Either they have a problem that we don't know about, or this was a tactic to create desire for the device. 

• Like 1

well I am thinking that if they don't (re)open ordering in the next 15 minutes, we are screwed.

Buy one directly from Sprint.  The non upgrade price on this cannot be much, if any higher than the Google Play price.

AJ

Someone from the Android Central forums said that "They'll keep opening up the inventory on the hour. They did the same thing with the other Nexus."

If this is the case, I'll keep on checking periodically...however I'll remain pessimistic...

As usual, YMMV and take this with a grain of salt.

I hope they sell a ton of these and I can buy one used next year. Nexus 5 resale prices have remained stubbornly high for anyone looking to get one used.  Though I wonder if there is just some informal price floor for a new top of the line phone not being sold for under 300 or so after 1 year.

Buy one directly from Sprint.  The non upgrade price on this cannot be much, if any higher than the Google Play price.

AJ

If you are correct, well I'd be happy to, if sprint was showing it for pre-order and/or sale.

I hope they sell a ton of these and I can buy one used next year. Nexus 5 resale prices have remained stubbornly high for anyone looking to get one used. Though I wonder if there is just some informal price floor for a new top of the line phone not being sold for under 300 or so after 1 year.

I've seen a couple in pretty good condition (normal wear and tear) with wireless chargers included selling for 200-250 online.

AJ

I wouldn't mind buying from Sprint as long as they carry the 64 GB version.  :)

• Like 5

If you are correct, well I'd be happy to, if sprint was showing it for pre-order and/or sale.

Even the supposedly completed Google Play sales are all showing a shipping date more than three weeks out.  This handset is not getting into actual consumers' hands any time soon.  Sprint has plenty of time left to put the Nexus 6 up for pre order/sale.

AJ

"They're back."

AJ