Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Was the Nexus 5 also a nano sim card? I currently have a phone that doesn't have a removable sim card (S3), and I'm looking to buy the Nexus 6 from the play store. I didn't even realize that this might be an issue, so I'm looking to get a jump on things and get a sim card ordered. What card should I ask for?

Was the Nexus 5 also a nano sim card? I currently have a phone that doesn't have a removable sim card (S3), and I'm looking to buy the Nexus 6 from the play store. I didn't even realize that this might be an issue, so I'm looking to get a jump on things and get a sim card ordered. What card should I ask for?

n5 is micro, n6 is nano

Are there any other phones that Sprint currently stocks that are nano sims (besides the iPhone 6/6+)? In other words, has this path already been paved by other devices or is this expected to be just as bumpy as the nexus 5?

I'm pretty sure the iPhone 5 and 5c are nano as well.

Are there any other phones that Sprint currently stocks that are nano sims (besides the iPhone 6/6+)? In other words, has this path already been paved by other devices or is this expected to be just as bumpy as the nexus 5?

My Sharp Aquos Crystal uses a Nano SIM.

My Sharp AQUOS Crystal uses a Nano SIM and so does the iPhones. I don't think it will be too bad. And if you buy from Sprint, it will ship with it.

I have a question about purchasing Nexus 6 from Sprint. My memory is pretty foggy on this, but didn't individuals who bought their Nexus 5's from T-Mobile have trouble getting them activated on Sprint? Or, were they unable to activate them on Sprint at all? Some sort of MEID issues?

Since the Nexus 6 works on all 4 cell providers, if we want to sell it after a period of time, would the next owner have an issue if he or she were to try and activate it on a carrier other than Sprint?

I would hate to purchase from Google Play and then go through the hassle of trying to get a SIM card from Sprint. I'd rather just purchase from Sprint where the SIM is already installed.

• Like 1

I have a question about purchasing Nexus 6 from Sprint. My memory is pretty foggy on this, but didn't individuals who bought their Nexus 5's from T-Mobile have trouble getting them activated on Sprint? Or, were they unable to activate them on Sprint at all? Some sort of MEID issues?

Since the Nexus 6 works on all 4 cell providers, if we want to sell it after a period of time, would the next owner have an issue if he or she were to try and activate it on a carrier other than Sprint?

I would hate to purchase from Google Play and then go through the hassle of trying to get a SIM card from Sprint. I'd rather just purchase from Sprint where the SIM is already installed.

With the nexus 5 i believe if was only purchased from tmobile. If you swapped i don't think it is a problem because its in sprints system already.   Just buy it from sprint or Google play to be safe.  

• Like 1

1st generation Moto X also uses a Nano.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just got the Moto X (2013) nano sim shipped to me (UPC: 760492013512, Description: SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV). It should arrive in the next few business days. I hope that gets me all ready to go for the Nexus 6.

Edited by anaidioschrono
  • Like 3

I just got the Moto X (2013) nano sim shipped to me (UPC: 760492013512, Description: SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV). It should arrive in the next few business days. I hope that gets me all ready to go for the Nexus 6.

Thanks for your post.  I just ordered the nano sim as well.  Want to be all ready for when the Nexus 6 gets here!

I honestly don't look at the numbers as we have seen some phones with bad numbers end up being good and vice versa.

I don't think I've ever seen a device with bad numbers be a good performer. But I've seen midrange EIRP numbers be good performers. Like the Sprint Note 2. And I've seen good numbers be bad or just fair performers.

But anything with sub 16 EIRP numbers, in my experience, has been bad. Like the Verizon Note 3. It's LTE RF performance was awful. Probably the worst Verizon LTE device ever. My boss threw his across the room and destroyed it because he got so frustrated with it.

Using Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever seen a device with bad numbers be a good performer. But I've seen midrange EIRP numbers be good performers. Like the Sprint Note 2. And I've seen good numbers be bad or just fair performers.

But anything with sub 16 EIRP numbers, in my experience, has been bad. Like the Verizon Note 3. It's LTE RF performance was awful. Probably the worst Verizon LTE device ever. My boss threw his across the room and destroyed it because he got so frustrated with it.

Using Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Tapatalk

Only half the puzzle though. Like for instance there are no band 29 numbers since it is receive only. I take the numbers as a grain of salt. Hopefully the real world tests will be good.

Standing ovation.  Robert took the words right out of my mouth, saved me from having to write the same post.

poor RF figures = poor RF performance

average RF figures = good, average, or poor RF performance

high RF figures = good, average, or poor RF performance

AJ

Only half the puzzle though. Like for instance there are no band 29 numbers since it is receive only. I take the numbers as a grain of salt. Hopefully the real world tests will be good.

Any handset that performs poorly in the RF lab will not improve in the real world.

AJ

Any handset that performs poorly in the RF lab will not improve in the real world.

AJ

Do the released FCC docs show the lab RF performance? I'm getting the implication that the lab performance is poor?