Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Well, my compliments to Google on an Exemplary Pre-Order Launch Day.  As AJ pointed out, all 4 units were sold!  Marvelous!

Well, my compliments to Google on an Exemplary Pre-Order Launch Day.  As AJ pointed out, all 4 units were sold!  Marvelous!

How does a pre-order sell out? I must not understand what the term pre-order means. I thought a pre-order was pre-paying for something knowing it's not available yet.

Were there so many pre-orders that Google was concerned about fulfilling them all during the device's lifespan? If not, then shouldn't the orders continue, just with longer and longer ETA's?

I'm not convinced the 100 second window people were able to pay in was the launch...

How does a pre-order sell out? I must not understand what the term pre-order means. I thought a pre-order was pre-paying for something knowing it's not available yet.

Were there so many pre-orders that Google was concerned about fulfilling them all during the device's lifespan? If not, then shouldn't the orders continue, just with longer and longer ETA's?

I'm not convinced the 100 second window people were able to pay in was the launch...

Yeah, I think the entire ordeal was constructed just to create desire for the device.  You're correct a "pre-order" is just that - you place an early order and wait and wait until the device becomes available - BUT, you get yours before the real release date to the general public. 

I went back a few pages and checked the search function and couldn't find an answer, so pardon  if this is a duplicate question.

Any word when Sprint's preorder will go live?  I'm already subscribed to updates from sprint/nexus6

I went back a few pages and checked the search function and couldn't find an answer, so pardon  if this is a duplicate question.

Any word when Sprint's preorder will go live?  I'm already subscribed to updates from sprint/nexus6

T-Mobile states November 12. I assume Sprint would be around that time just to be competitive.

I actually feel bad for getting one.  It was a bad job by Google on only having enough stock for 1 minute.  The funny part it appears that if you go to the carrier store you will most likely get it before I receive mine in the mail. 

• Like 3

Yes, you are alone in not getting a new handset, and your S4GRU card is hereby revoked. Go peruse the remote starter forums.

:P

AJ

I thought remote starters were a novelty, until I moved to South Dakota. My wife's vehicle I totaled earlier this month had one. Her replacement does not. She is not happy with me.

• Like 1

I thought remote starters were a novelty, until I moved to South Dakota. My wife's vehicle I totaled earlier this month had one. Her replacement does not. She is not happy with me.

Wait until winter hits, you think she misses the remote starter now....
  • Like 1

Wait until winter hits, you think she misses the remote starter now....

Winter ran from October 3rd to May 15th last year. This year we have been getting stays of execution from the Governor. It has been a beautiful Fall. I'm hoping it lasts until at least December 1st. It appears beggars can be choosers. :tu:

• Like 1

Holy crap! I remember the cold from my years in Michigan, but I don't ever recall cold quite like that.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Being here in Michigan now, last winter we had weeks of those temps along with a record setting year of snow for the state.  I think I need to move to a warmer climate.   :blink:

And expensive winter coats, AWD/Traction Control/4 wheel disc brakes, heated seats, snow blowers, etc. Almost all I would consider luxuries until you have a 6 month winter.

• Like 1

And expensive winter coats, AWD/Traction Control/4 wheel disc brakes, heated seats, snow blowers, etc. Almost all I would consider luxuries until you have a 6 month winter.

Agreed.  Last year was brutal.  I remember the week of Jan 6th, I started my new job that Monday in Madison.  Well, it never got above 0 until Friday afternoon.  Add in the wind chills, and it felt like 40-60 below each morning.  That was before I had a garage to park in at night, so I always had to wake up, go outside, and start my car before even eating breakfast or showering for it to be remotely warm by time I left.  Oh and the 1-2 inch snowfalls 3 or 4 nights a week that really made my commute a pain (I hate people that live here and can't drive in snow, but I digress).

Here's to hoping it is nothing like that this year.  :tu:

Edit:  Anyway, how about that N6?!  haha

Welcome to Winter Talk.  I guess the Nexus 6 discussion is played out.

AJ

• Like 1

Being here in Michigan now, last winter we had weeks of those temps along with a record setting year of snow for the state. I think I need to move to a warmer climate. :blink:

Lol that's the conclusion that I came to around a decade ago!!

On topic, does anyone have any idea of the subsidized price? I'm interested in this phone, but I have NO intention of paying $700 for it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Welcome to Winter Talk.  I guess the Nexus 6 discussion is played out.

AJ

lmao

So this article I read earlier today states that the reason the nexus 6 was out so quickly is because the majority of the purchases was made previously by the carriers thus depleting the amount Google had in stock to sell. Whether true or not, it probably makes sense.

TS 

• Like 3

lmao

So this article I read earlier today states that the reason the nexus 6 was out so quickly is because the majority of the purchases was made previously by the carriers thus depleting the amount Google had in stock to sell. Whether true or not, it probably makes sense.

TS 

Well, if that is true, that was good planning on Google's part!  Great management!

lmao

TS 

They shouldn't have listed it at all if they only had 50 units left...

• Like 1