Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

No one has made the Nexus XXL joke yet?

Sometimes, you people disappoint me...

AJ

• Like 3

Maybe they are waiting for the Nexus XXX....

Maybe my Nexus 5 is already the "Nexus XXX"...

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I like big phones! And really is .2" (less than 1/4") that big a difference. I mean the NOTE at 5.7 is no longer considered ridiculous. And from my understanding the iPhone 6+ is outselling the iPhone 6.   If this phone comes in around the $400 mark on Google Play.  I will be all over it!  If it really is 5.9" it is getting close enough that I might be able to put down my Nexus 7, and use this new Nexus as my dual use device.

I like big phones! And really is .2" (less than 1/4") that big a difference. I mean the NOTE at 5.7 is no longer considered ridiculous. And from my understanding the iPhone 6+ is outselling the iPhone 6.   If this phone comes in around the $400 mark on Google Play.  I will be all over it!  If it really is 5.9" it is getting close enough that I might be able to put down my Nexus 7, and use this new Nexus as my dual use device.

For some, yes the device is just too big. 

I have a Note 3 and plan to go back to a smaller device. I am a 2 handed user when it comes to typing anyways, but there are many times when I have to shuffle my grip to reach a portion of the screen now, let alone if you add another .25 inch the the device/display.

Edited by smorcy11

This may have already been asked and answered.  Since Sprint won't be carrying the Moto X (2014), is there any indications this will be made available?

Hopefully... Google had enough response with the Nexus 5 having both CDMA/GSM/LTE antenna's covering all the spectrums. They should go ahead and do the same thing again. only reason it couldn't be used with Verizon is because Verizon didn't allow it.

• Like 1

If this phone comes in around the $400 mark on Google Play.  I will be all over it! 

$550 minimum off contract, again IMO.

• Like 1

$550 minimum off contract, again IMO.

That would be a fail on their part. Part of the beauty of the Nexus was being able to pick it up from Google Play off contract for $350-400. At $550, most would have to use an upgrade or easy pay option through their carrier.

• Like 1

That would be a fail on their part. Part of the beauty of the Nexus was being able to pick it up from Google Play off contract for $350-400. At $550, most would have to use an upgrade or easy pay option through their carrier.

The specs seem to suggest that they're moving upmarket to challenge the iPhone and Note.  

If you want a near-Nexus experience at that price point, there's the Moto X 2014.

The specs seem to suggest that they're moving upmarket to challenge the iPhone and Note.

If you want a near-Nexus experience at that price point, there's the Moto X 2014.

Not on Sprint. And still was $499 anywaysanyways.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

will not work on sprint

• Like 1

I kinda feel the moto x in its current profile is a sexy device! Blow it up, to there proportions I am questioning the aesthetic. My one max is the same size and its a durable and relatively attractive device. Sound is amazing with and without headphones. I am unsure of this and  I have only not gotten the orginal nexus one and the galaxy nexus. I question this device! I hope there is a mini version in the same vein as the moto x. I'll take a update HTC as my bigger screened companion.

Hopefully... Google had enough response with the Nexus 5 having both CDMA/GSM/LTE antenna's covering all the spectrums. They should go ahead and do the same thing again. only reason it couldn't be used with Verizon is because Verizon didn't allow it.

I'm pretty sure the main reason it wasn't available on Verizon was because they don't have ECSFB enabled on their network.

I personally hope it is phablet size. I have been feeling the N5 is a little small compared to notes and the 1+1.

Of course its a little small comparably, they're not in the same category.

Of course its a little small comparably, they're not in the same category.

True true. I guess it's just me wanting to try a phablet but I refuse to use anything not pure Android. I'm note knowledgeable at rooting to put a customer cyanogen mod something of that nature.

I'm pretty sure the main reason it wasn't available on Verizon was because they don't have ECSFB enabled on their network.

Actually, its probably more related to the fact that Verizon has a tendency of blocking any device that have the capability of operating on other networks, look at the Nexus 7 fiasco. 

• Like 1

Actually, its probably more related to the fact that Verizon has a tendency of blocking any device that have the capability of operating on other networks, look at the Nexus 7 fiasco. 

I still don't see how google could make a phone that would work on Verizon and Sprint (triband). All current phones either have svlte or ecsfb. If it was feasible to do both in one phone (triband+svlte), Sprint would have been doing it this entire time.

I still don't see how google could make a phone that would work on Verizon and Sprint (triband). All current phones either have svlte or ecsfb. If it was feasible to do both in one phone (triband+svlte), Sprint would have been doing it this entire time.

IPhone 5 (6?) variants don't use eCSFB or have svlte capability, it can be done.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

IPhone 5 (6?) variants don't use eCSFB or have svlte capability, it can be done.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Why don't other manufacturers do what Apple does? I wonder how difficult it was for Apple to implement.

Anyone heard any rumors of a Nexus X with 64Gb flash? I miss not having all my songs on the N5. I am also still pissed at Apple for moving all my songs into the cloud off my 128Gb iPad. I wanted them on there for when I don't have WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why don't other manufacturers do what Apple does? I wonder how difficult it was for Apple to implement.

Except for those who obsess over simultaneous voice and data, e/CSFB is superior to both SVLTE and Apple's CDMA2000 iPhone 5/5S/5C solution -- because e/CSFB allows the handset to idle solely on LTE.  Both SVLTE and Apple's solution require the handset still to camp on CDMA1X, too, following the prescribed slot cycle.

AJ

• Like 3