Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Except for those who obsess over simultaneous voice and data, e/CSFB is superior to both SVLTE and Apple's CDMA2000 iPhone 5/5S/5C solution -- because e/CSFB allows the handset to idle solely on LTE.  Both SVLTE and Apple's solution require the handset still to camp on CDMA1X, too, following the prescribed slot cycle.

AJ

The still rampant ECSFB issues/random fall backs to 3G say otherwise. Iphones don't seem to have this same issue.  :wall: 

The still rampant ECSFB issues/random fall backs to 3G say otherwise. Iphones don't seem to have this same issue.  :wall: 

Eh, no.  e/CSFB issues are not rampant, certainly not in the Kansas market.  Now, "3G" fallbacks will long be an issue, simply because LTE is a fast but fragile airlink.

Regardless, e/CSFB is superior in RF performance and battery life.  That Apple was able to make the Sprint variant iPhone 5/5S/5C an excellent performer all around -- despite its oddball single RF path, no e/CSFB configuration -- is a testament to engineering.  But it is one that no Android OEM would likely duplicate -- because no Android OEM has the curious luxury of developing just a single design over the course of a whole year.

AJ

• Like 1

ecsfb issues are still rampant in st louis.

in fact the last several days it has gotten even worse with my nexus 5 constantly dropping to 3g (where previously the last year has been b25 with the off/on b41 connection) at work.

Sitting here side by side with new iphone6+, the nexus has been on 3g most of the day, where as the iphone has been on b41 the majority of the time, though I did notice a couple times it dropped to 1x/3g for a few minutes before reconnecting to b41.

There are also a few spots on 270 which also cause the nexus 5 to drop to 3g.

Back to the Nexus X talk - it still seems like something is missing with this whole speculation about the phone.

A few articles have mentioned that in the leaked pics of the "Nexus X" you don't see any Nexus branding. Some of them are wondering if the phone being leaked is in fact a "Motorola Shamu" and not the Nexus.

Back to the Nexus X talk - it still seems like something is missing with this whole speculation about the phone.

A few articles have mentioned that in the leaked pics of the "Nexus X" you don't see any Nexus branding. Some of them are wondering if the phone being leaked is in fact a "Motorola Shamu" and not the Nexus.

And what exactly is the Moto Shamu??

The device name for what many assume is the nexus 6/x. It's what the "leaks" about the device have it named by.

I know, but is it supposed to be Moto X like in size? This whole debacle is so confusing.

I'm putting off buying a new phone until we figure out what's going on with this. And my EVO LTE is really showing its age...

I know, but is it supposed to be Moto X like in size? This whole debacle is so confusing.

I'm putting off buying a new phone until we figure out what's going on with this. And my EVO LTE is really showing its age...

No, from all indications the Motorola S (Shamu) is 5.9". Still unclear if it's the Nexus X or not although most have assumed it is.

There are far fewer Nexus leaks than there were iPhone leaks. It used to be there were few credible iPhone leaks, now this last time there were tons. But it seems Google has done a pretty good job keeping the wraps on their plans. More transparency! :lol:

• Like 2

Hi, Andriod Central is reporting a possible Nexus 6 sighting. From the article, "model XT1254...Bands 2,4,5, & 17...GSM & WCDMA...850, 1700, & 1900...bands supported by AT&T and T-Mobile". Why no mention of Sprint since it is on 1900 also? Difference between WCDMA & CDMA?  

Ok, this could be the AT&T and T-Mobile versions and the Sprint & Verizon versions be posted later? Usually, each carrier gets its own model number, no?

edit: ok, someone beat me to the posting of this news...shucks.

if that is the new nexus and no sprint support, its looking more and more like I'll be sticking with the nexus 5 and/or htc m8.