Sprint to enforce roaming data limits, send SMS notifications

Rocket87

Starring today sprint will enforce roaming data limits. At 75% 90% and 100% of the limit a text message will be sent. Once you hit you data roaming limit you will be redirected to a landing page explaining roaming limits. Once your bill cycle starts over you data roaming will start again.

• Like 14

I wish there were no roaming limits and it was at least EV-DO speed. With CCA Roaming I hoped that roaming limits would be relaxed. This appears to show the opposite may be occuring. 

Roaming anxiety is one reason I have a hard time returning to Sprint.

• Like 1

I wish there were no roaming limits and it was at least EV-DO speed. With CCA Roaming I hoped that roaming limits would be relaxed. This would appear to be the opposite.

Roaming anxiety is one reason I have a hard time returning to Sprint.

It it widely thought that CCA roaming will be treated as native when everything is finished.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It it widely thought that CCA roaming will be treated as native when everything is finished.

RRPP members are treated as pseudo native. cca members are still unknown but it's likely that they will be pseudo native but have caveats like throttling or capped speeds etc to discourage abusers from other cca partners abusing their network with cheaper prices. .

• Like 2

RRPP members are treated as pseudo native. cca members are still unknown but it's likely that they will be pseudo native but have caveats like throttling or capped speeds etc to discourage abusers from other cca partners to use their network with cheaper prices. .

Sorry, I should have taken a bit more time to be more clear. Thanks for the assist.

Starring today sprint will enforce roaming data limits. At 75% 90% and 100% of the limit a text message will be sent. Once you hit you data roaming limit you will be redirected to a landing page explaining roaming limits. Once your bill cycle starts over you data roaming will start again.

Do you have the source of information?

Well I'm over my limit and I have no text..

Post your number, and we will send you an SMS to go find another provider.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

I'm over my limit by 7MB myself and also no text.  I'm wondering though if it's a text that will come if I try to roam again, which I won't be since I'm back from vacation where I was roaming only on US Cellular.  I wish I did get the texts because I tried to keep it under the 300MB but it's hard to monitor when one has a tough time even accessing MySprint on 1X.  Sprint seems to think my data usage is less than my phone reports, so I prefer to go off of what Sprint records.  I do get the texts though as to my hotspot usage, which is very helpful, to let me know when I'm approaching my 2GB cap.  If I get a text, I'll post it here.  It is about time they do this.

Does this mean you don't need to worry about getting your service terminated anymore from using data roaming too much? I usually turn off mobile data if I'm in a roaming area for any period of time, it would be nice to not have to worry about it anymore with the low 100MB limit on the newer plans.

• Like 1

Hmmm interesting. I used almost all of my 300 MBs back when I was traveling in May. Glad I have the older plan with the higher alottment now that you get cut off at the limit. Does that mean your minutes get cut off at the 800 minute limit too?

If I had to guess it's one of those things that doesn't kick in for customers until your next billing cycle starts, to simplify the programming logic.

I wonder if this is going to impact churn.

If you start turning off data to customers who typically use more than 300MB/month they might just leave.

It would be interesting to know the cost/benefit of letting those roamers churn off.

The old tactics of gigs and gigs of roaming to get out of contract was stupid - I am glad sprint is ending this.

• Like 3