Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint definitely has work to do but they are improving. However, they should set their sights on being a AT&T competitor based on these results.

http:// https://opensignal.com/blog/2018/03/15/the-4g-battle-continues-between-t-mobile-and-verizon/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint definitely has work to do but they are improving. However, they should set their sights on being a AT&T competitor based on these results.

http:// https://opensignal.com/blog/2018/03/15/the-4g-battle-continues-between-t-mobile-and-verizon/

Yet TMO did what Sprint should have done.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yet TMO did what Sprint should have done.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Yea. But I have to wonder. Even with 5G will anyone really care to much and the focus will still be on Verizon and T-Mobile going head to head?

Yea. But I have to wonder. Even with 5G will anyone really care to much and the focus will still be on Verizon and T-Mobile going head to head?

If Sprint can knock AT&T the fourth place eventually that would be absolutely fantastic. I'm tired of AT&T being in third place.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

They could pass AT&T in a day if they would just turn on 4x4MIMO and 256QAM... ???

We’ve already got 4x4 on L1900 up in Seattle as Sprint only runs one L1900 carrier and three CDMA carriers. Additionally, 256QAM (for all bands) is ready to go in Samsung markets — I’m not sure what the hold up is. 

13 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

We’ve already got 4x4 on L1900 up in Seattle as Sprint only runs one L1900 carrier and three CDMA carriers. Additionally, 256QAM (for all bands) is ready to go in Samsung markets — I’m not sure what the hold up is. 

How are the speeds on B25 4x4 with only a 5Mhz wide carrier?

19 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

How are the speeds on B25 4x4 with only a 5Mhz wide carrier?

We have 10x10 L1900 which is soon to be 15x15 (the PCS C4 block is currently owned by Sprint but completely unused). Performance is great — the qrxlevmin value for L1900 is -125 and throughput is decent even down to those signal levels. 

Combine the PCS network with most sites running 2-6 L2500 carriers and the LTE network is phenomenal. A majority of our sites do not have 800 MHz equipment although we are slowly but surely seeing upgrades to the new KMW hexadecaport antennas (4x4 800, 4x4 1900 and 8x8 2500). 

Unfortunately, these new antennas coverage/range is not as good as that of the PCS-only equipment most of our sites today have, so new L800 coverage feels very similar to old L1900 coverage. That being said, the L800 qrxlevmin is very high (-118 I believe), so when they drop that down to a lower signal level, maybe we’ll start to better see the benifits of L800. 

7 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

We have 10x10 L1900 which is soon to be 15x15 (the PCS C4 block is currently owned by Sprint but completely unused). Performance is great — the qrxlevmin value for L1900 is -125 and throughput is decent even down to those signal levels. 

Combine the PCS network with most sites running 3-6 L2500 carriers and the LTE network is phenomenal. A majority of our sites do not have 800 MHz equipment although we are slowly but surely seeing upgrades to the new KMW hexadecaport antennas (4x4 800, 4x4 1900 and 8x8 2500). 

Unfortunately, these new antennas coverage/range is not as good as that of the PCS-only equipment most of our sites today have, so new L800 coverage feels very similar to old L1900 coverage. That being said, the L800 qrxlevmin is very high (-118 I believe), so when they drop that down to a lower signal level, maybe we’ll start to better see the benifits of L800. 

Awesome to hear, but unfortunately we have been "blessed" by ALU here, so we just have to be patient in hopes that Nokia finally gets a grasp on it all moving forward.

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Awesome to hear, but unfortunately we have been "blessed" by ALU here, so we just have to be patient in hopes that Nokia finally gets a grasp on it all moving forward.

You’re in the New York market, right? Aren’t you guys getting tons of small cells and strand mounts? How are those?

I won't use opensignal until sprint rolls out volte in the fall. I still use my phone to actually make calls. On my average day I am connected to LTE 100% of the time but because of phone usage open signal says it's around 85%.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I won't use opensignal until sprint rolls out volte in the fall. I still use my phone to actually make calls. On my average day I am connected to LTE 100% of the time but because of phone usage open signal says it's around 85%.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Do you all see the lastest BGR article. VZW and Tmobile are the only networks that matter anymore?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Do you all see the lastest BGR article. VZW and Tmobile are the only networks that matter anymore?

The real question is...

Does BGR matter anymore? If ever...;)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RAvirani said:

We have 10x10 L1900 which is soon to be 15x15 (the PCS C4 block is currently owned by Sprint but completely unused). 

Stuff like this is what frustrates me the most with Sprint. They have all these options for improving their Network but they just don't act in a timely manner.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

Stuff like this is what frustrates me the most with Sprint. They have all these options for improving their Network but they just don't act in a timely manner.

Yeah Samsung equipment received a software upgrade allowing 15x15 L1900 a while back — I am not sure as to why they aren’t turning it on...

Yeah Samsung equipment received a software upgrade allowing 15x15 L1900 a while back — I am not sure as to why they aren’t turning it on...
My question is also why does it take so long in cities with 15x15 to get on all towers? It's been a year since the Orlando FL got it and from what I've heard their is still some 5x5 left.

This is from Shentel's recent earnings call:

"As I have discussed before, our wireless customers are twice as likely to churn if they live in a county on the parameter [perimeter] of our network

The reason is that for many of our customers their community of interest is outside of our network. So, they often travel into the Sprint network areas, they don't have the quality of service that Sprint provides in the urban areas."

This is very true where I live which borders Loudoun County - where Sprint signal goes to die. (Clarke, and Frederick are in Shentel's footprint).

54 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

My question is also why does it take so long in cities with 15x15 to get on all towers? It's been a year since the Orlando FL got it and from what I've heard their is still some 5x5 left.

Sites that use RF combiners have a bandwidth limitation, which is why some sites may still be on 5x5 L1900 even as the rest of the market has moved to 15x15.

When 10x10 was first turned on in Seattle, every tower got it at the same time except for those that were not physically able to run 10x10. 

Sites that use RF combiners have a bandwidth limitation, which is why some sites may still be on 5x5 L1900 even as the rest of the market has moved to 15x15.

When 10x10 was first turned on in Seattle, every tower got it at the same time except for those that were not physically able to run 10x10. 

Ok. What's the reason in cities where 10x10 is possible but that City doesn't have it. Example Rochester Minnesota now has the F Block but, it's not being used

Just now, Tengen31 said:

Ok. What's the reason in cities where 10x10 is possible but that City doesn't have it. Example Rochester Minnesota now has the F Block but, it's not being used

Sprint assesses network usage before refarming spectrum to LTE. If CDMA usage is still high, there’s a low chance of more LTE spectrum coming on line. It’s also important to note that the equipment has limitations regarding the number of separate carriers it can run as well as the total bandwidth. 

1 hour ago, Jones said:

This is from Shentel's recent earnings call:

"As I have discussed before, our wireless customers are twice as likely to churn if they live in a county on the parameter [perimeter] of our network

The reason is that for many of our customers their community of interest is outside of our network. So, they often travel into the Sprint network areas, they don't have the quality of service that Sprint provides in the urban areas."

This is very true where I live which borders Loudoun County - where Sprint signal goes to die. (Clarke, and Frederick are in Shentel's footprint).

This is really sad.