Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Did the call speak about the alleged $6-$8 billion being spent on the network?
Nope. He said for fiscal year 18 it will increase to 5 billion or more. While fiscal 17 will be the lower end of 3.5-4 billion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I know but the Hater's will read into it and this will make Sprint look bad

Yeah that isn't how that works... And you posted an article that was obsolete a day later by the time you posted it.

4 hours ago, SprintNYC said:

New CFO will change the name and brand of the company once their network buildout is done. 

That typically isn't what a CFO does...

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Did the call speak about the alleged $6-$8 billion being spent on the network?

$3.5 to $4 billion for 2017 which would mean at the low end that they'd be spending  a minimum of $1 billion between the start of this year and 3/31/2018 (3 months), $5 to $6 billion is the current guidance for fiscal year 2018. That is consistent with what Masa Son said at the beginning of November.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Did we get an @RedSpark update of the earnings call yet?

:) I don’t have much to add actually.

I was really impressed with the new CFO, and I think Sprint will substantially improve this year. They’ve finally gotten their footing, and they’re on track for 5G. Now it’s time to execute and hit all those towers with Triband. Perhaps we’ll see another deal with another cable company.

• Like 5

[emoji4] I don’t have much to add actually. I was really impressed with the new CFO, and I think Sprint will substantially improve this year. They’ve finally gotten their footing, and they’re on track for 5G. Now it’s time to execute and hit all those towers with Triband. Perhaps we’ll see another deal with another cable company.

I still vote dish. I don't know if their B29 ( I think it is) would do Sprint much good tho. It was only 5x0 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I still vote dish. I don't know if their B29 ( I think it is) would do Sprint much good tho. It was only 5x0 

Do you mean their 600Mhz holdings? Yes it is 5Mhz nationwide but more in the urban areas. If I was Dish, I would let T-Mobile host the 600Mhz spectrum and maybe the AWS-3 spectrum. Now AWS-4 is different animal altogether.

Do you mean their 600Mhz holdings? Yes it is 5Mhz nationwide but more in the urban areas. If I was Dish, I would let T-Mobile host the 600Mhz spectrum and maybe the AWS-3 spectrum. Now AWS-4 is different animal altogether.

Dish holds B29 also I would like to see Sprint with the 600 mhz also

1 hour ago, avb said:

I don't think anyone wants to build out Dish's network for them. It would have happened already if that were the case. 

Dish has an unrealistic idea of what their spectrum is worth. With 4x4 MIMO, 256QAM, Massive MIMO hotspots, LAA, 3.5GHz there is plenty of spectrum available even before millimeter spectrum. They totally distorted the AWS-3 auction and caused Sprint to overpay for Clearwire and Softbank to overpay for Sprint. So let's just say that they have no friends among the 4 Cellular carriers. But at some point or another they will make a deal with somebody. Will it include the Satellite business which has been losing customers for a while now or just Sling and the spectrum?

• Like 1

Sprint has their work really cut out for them this year. They are making a lot of big claims with what they plan to do this year and next. I just hope they follow through and either meet or exceed. Given their track record with promises, I can believe most are taking it with a grain on salt until proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Sprint has their work really cut out for them this year. They are making a lot of big claims with what they plan to do this year and next. I just hope they follow through and either meet or exceed. Given their track record with promises, I can believe most are taking it with a grain on salt until proven wrong.

Finally a breath of fresh air and reason...

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, derrph said:

Sprint has passed AT&T in average performance, all in a year they were largely distracted by a merger.  Yet, they are awful.  Can't be trusted.  Some act like it's getting worse and worse. 

Sprint cannot make some people happy, no matter what.  If they aren't number one, they aren't anything.  But I swear, when they make it to number one in performance, the haters will complain about coverage.  They will have to be number one in everything.  And then it will be that they hate old ladies, or something.

They are committing more money than ever before.  And already spending more money than in the past few years.  They already are more active than before in the planning and early work.  More bidding, more contract issued.  New equipment is already hitting the streets.  Small cells popping up all over and more in planning.  And now they are talking about a significant macro site development too.  This is nothing like the past.  

And Sprint is still getting better and better.  And now that they are deploying B26 in my market, I will probably be coming back to Sprint again soon.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Sprint has passed AT&T in average performance, all in a year they were largely distracted by a merger.  Yet, they are awful.  Can't be trusted.  Some act like it's getting worse and worse. 

Sprint cannot make some people happy, no matter what.  If they aren't number one, they aren't anything.  But I swear, when they make it to number one in performance, the haters will complain about coverage.  They will have to be number one in everything.  And then it will be that they hate old ladies, or something.

They are committing more money than ever before.  And already spending more money than in the past few years.  They already are more active than before in the planning and early work.  More bidding, more contract issued.  New equipment is already hitting the streets.  Small cells popping up all over and more in planning.  And now they are talking about a significant macro site development too.  This is nothing like the past.  

And Sprint is still getting better and better.  And now that they are deploying B26 in my market, I will probably be coming back to Sprint again soon.

What market are you in? You are right about the Hater's. I made a comment to one once that Sprint could match or exceed VZW 2.4 million sqaure miles and they came back with the country is bigger than that.

I'm going through my SCP logs and have "B41 TB"... can anyone tell me what the "TB" means/stands for?

I'm going through my SCP logs and have "B41 TB"... can anyone tell me what the "TB" means/stands for?

Tri band antenna. It's a cheaper way to deploy B41. Sites like that can only do up to 3xca.

• Like 1

@Tengen31 Ahh that makes sense! I knew about the Tri-Band... just didn't know it displayed like that on SCP.

Thanks! :tu:

3 hours ago, MarshieZ said:

@Tengen31 Ahh that makes sense! I knew about the Tri-Band... just didn't know it displayed like that on SCP.

Thanks! :tu:

Samsung uses different GCI's on their tri-band antennas. In Nokia markets, we can't identify them. As Tim said, they are limited to 3xCA, though that is still plenty of capacity for most areas.

• Like 1