Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

38 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

I know for a fact there is expansion happening that isn’t shown on that map so I’m unsure as to how accurate it is. 

Sprint does have its secret projects.

7 minutes ago, rocketr said:

For sure... this map.was pre-merger fallout so plans have probably gotten bigger or one can hope.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I thinks Sprint ends up exaggerating enough on its own, primarily due to changed priorities given limited funding. Therefor I am primary focused on what the guy in charge of the money says.  And even that is limited to the areas where they figure they can gain market share.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Sprint does have its secret projects.

I thinks Sprint ends up exaggerating enough on its own, primarily due to changed priorities given limited funding. Therefor I am primary focused on what the guy in charge of the money says.  And even that is limited to the areas where they figure they can gain market share.

Indeed it does have secret projects.

Curious how much Gilat will factor into Sprint’s network expansion over the coming years.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sprint-expands-gilat-contract-to-a-three-year-multi-million-dollar-managed-service-project-300536976.html

I know for a fact there is expansion happening that isn’t shown on that map so I’m unsure as to how accurate it is. 

Care to shed some light on the areas you know of that’s not shown on the map ? I would love to know so I can get an idea of what to expect moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Interesting interview with VP of Technology at Sprint.

Even offers some insight on Massive MIMO hardware being software upgradable to 5G.

http://www.telcotransformation.com/author.asp?section_id=401&doc_id=738760&&linkId=45552982&linkId=45592891#Cloud

With that in mind, how long until our current B25/26 + B41 antennas are obsolete and need replacing again? 

It seems like the current hardware is very future-proof and can be upgraded via software updates to support many of the emerging technologies that are coming out. 

27 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Mostly a rehash of the last conference. 

It was kind of cool that he mentioned twice that he wanted to talk about the network plans before they actually go to that point. It Points to some excitement with in the company for the or plans or messaging they want the markets to hear. 

• Like 6

It was kind of cool that he mentioned twice that he wanted to talk about the network plans before they actually go to that point. It Points to some excitement with in the company for the or plans or messaging they want the markets to hear. 

Agree BUT I still think less talk or boasting till the switch is flipped. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Agree BUT I still think less talk or boasting till the switch is flipped. Just my 2 cents

We have seen a bunch of permits from Sprint, so the light has moved from red to yellow.  When we see work occurring, we will say the light is green.

• Like 10

Here’s the transcript from Tarek’s talk yesterday:

http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/4130568

Some typos in there but gives a good overall sense.

Otherwise, you can re-stream it: https://cc.talkpoint.com/barc002/120617b_as/?entity=57_TOKIY46

Glad to see that other cable partner discussions are happening. I would love to see one with RCN for DC.

• Like 1

Why is this still a thing with Sprint

SO I guess Pokemon GO is still a thing to the point Sprint giving out poke coins or whatever if you switch to Sprint. I Just don't see why they (Sprint) are trying to make this a thing still. I'm sure the majority has moved on from PG besides the younger kids. SMH.

2 hours ago, derrph said:

SO I guess Pokemon GO is still a thing to the point Sprint giving out poke coins or whatever if you switch to Sprint. I Just don't see why they (Sprint) are trying to make this a thing still. I'm sure the majority has moved on from PG besides the younger kids. SMH.

I still play. :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

I just want Sprint to execute all this tech within their footprint. Innovation is cool and is needed for Sprint to have a future. Just execute the d**n play.

exactly actions speak louder then words.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, derrph said:

5 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I still play. :P

As do I, and many, many others. Pokemon Go is a VERY big "thing," in fact they're releasing another massive update here soon and is not dying off anytime in the near future. It's a great way to get people up, moving and have fun!

And for Sprint, it's a great marketing tool to bring players in by the stores and kiosks to get their items from their Poke-Stop.

So what are everyones thoughts about the Sprint VoIP patent lawsuits targeted at cable... I think the reason for the lawsuits is backhaul. If they can have a settlement on the patent infringement they can gain backhaul with what is owed to them. I think that might be the play there. I see they are going after Charter and Mediacom. 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/12/04/sprint_calls_out_charter_with_chatpatent_sueball/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarshieZ said:

As do I, and many, many others. Pokemon Go is a VERY big "thing," in fact they're releasing another massive update here soon and is not dying off anytime in the near future. It's a great way to get people up, moving and have fun!

And for Sprint, it's a great marketing tool to bring players in by the stores and kiosks to get their items from their Poke-Stop.

Yeah 3rd gen just popped loving it, I'm also in a raid group on Discord we have a blast and are actually all getting together soon for a holiday party. Made some cool friends with this game.

• Love 1