Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

9 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

How is this handled for accounts with multiple lines? Does each line need to sign up to get its own Hulu subscription?

It seems to be available on all my lines separately, which is nice considering you cannot stream more than two at the same time using the same account. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

I've heard from several trustworthy sources at Sprint that Guenther Ottendorfer is leaving the company and that Dr. John Saw will be promoted to report directly to Marcelo. As a result, Dr. Saw will have full oversight and responsibility for the network.

Curious what the story is behind this.

That’s sad. I wonder why

• Like 1

I can't get the hulu deal only new accounts. I had a trail accout years ago. They error you out without telling you that you signed up for 30 days free and will be charged 8 dollars next month.

Now I can't cancel. I guess I know what I am going to be doing the next hour.

48 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

It seems to be available on all my lines separately, which is nice considering you cannot stream more than two at the same time using the same account. 

Just fixed it. Each line on a family plan has its own Hulu subscription with its own email/password.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

That’s sad. I wonder why

Perhaps something came up during the T-Mobile merger discussions and Marcelo/Masa wanted a different corporate structure going forward without Guenther after they broke off talks.

Due diligence reviews and corporate structure evaluations as part of merger discussions caused this in my opinion.

I really don't know much about Saw but whats really the difference between the two? 
From what I remember, John saw has a PhD and isn't much in Consumer facing and more there as the lead network engineer to deliver the best network within budget constraints

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Kevster1321 said:

Also had to set Hulu up over the sprint network doesn't let you use Wi-Fi and wouldn't let me use the airave either had to go outside to get LTE lol

I was on B41 off my Airave 3 when I setup my Hulu.  No issues here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jones said:

From what I remember, John saw has a PhD and isn't much in Consumer facing and more there as the lead network engineer to deliver the best network within budget constraints

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Pretty much. Dr. Saw is as smart as they come in terms of working with high frequency bands.

Dr. Saw hasn't interacted with customers much at all since I've been following Sprint. I've heard him chime in on Earnings Calls from time to time. I do hope he becomes more consumer-facing. He needs to start with getting a Twitter account!

Sprint: Please don't get a "Seth the Blogger Guy" type like person AT&T used.

• Like 2

Perhaps the plan was that this would always be a short term gig? And with the merger not happening and Sprint focusing now on building out its network fully, instead of in a more managed way, this was the logical time to leave.

10 hours ago, mnjeepmale said:

So I'm on Framily plan with unlimited data. I didn't think I would be eligible for Hulu but I saw it when I logged into my account. Nice! 

Same here, this was a super pleasant surprise! I was able to go on to my account and set it up in about 5 minutes, super easy. :)

7 hours ago, mozamcrew said:

Perhaps the plan was that this would always be a short term gig? And with the merger not happening and Sprint focusing now on building out its network fully, instead of in a more managed way, this was the logical time to leave.

That’s certainly very possible.

Günther made substantial progress on the network in a short period of time with very limited capex available. Perhaps that was his specific role: Get Sprint’s house in order for a potential merger. Now that Sprint is going it alone, perhaps him leaving is just a planned corporate reorganization or streamlining at the direction of Masa/Marcelo.

• Like 1

I have the 80GB (40GB Double Data) Plan and also have it available, however, I did accept Sprint's "Gift" of Unlimited Data for 6 Months, so I think that is why it is showing on my account.  Did you receive and accept the offer of 6 mo. Unlimited Data?

4 hours ago, bill875 said:

I have the 80GB (40GB Double Data) Plan and also have it available, however, I did accept Sprint's "Gift" of Unlimited Data for 6 Months, so I think that is why it is showing on my account.  Did you receive and accept the offer of 6 mo. Unlimited Data?

I've tried to get that, but said I couldn't.

I had issues logging into Hulu... after adding it easily on Sprint.com.    It showed $0.00 when I added it.  Just thought I let many of you know, the Sprint rep I talked to said the "Truly" free Hulu was only available to Freedom unlimited plan customers.    The existing plan customers get the first month free, then it's $6.99 /month automatically added to your bill.  I have a 450 minute talk, unlimited data and text.  I opted to not add Hulu as I don' t need another $7 bucks on my bill and do not want to be on another contract if I change my plan.      Appreciate if someone could verify? 

Edited by dro1984

32 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

I had issues logging into Hulu... after adding it easily on Sprint.com.    It showed $0.00 when I added it.  Just thought I let many of you know, the Sprint rep I talked to said the "Truly" free Hulu was only available to Freedom unlimited plan customers.    The existing plan customers get the first month free, then it's $6.99 /month automatically added to your bill.  I have a 450 minute talk, unlimited data and text.  I opted to not add Hulu as I don' t need another $7 bucks on my bill and do not want to be on another contract if I change my plan.      Appreciate if someone could verify? 

Changing your plan to Unlimited Freedom doesn’t start a new contract.

Sprint doesn’t do 2 Year Contracts anymore, unless it’s a specific targeted offer. You can however get a 2 Year Contract for an iPhone for Sprint by going through Apple directly... for now.

42 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

No where does it state it's free for a month or in my confirmation email. Says $0.00/month

2 hours ago, utiz4321 said:

I am on unlimited freedom and can't get the offer to display. 

Contact Sprint Customer Care via live chat. Have them manually add Hulu to your line(s). You should receive a text on your line(s) almost immediately. Make sure Wi-Fi is off on your device(s) and click the link in the text. You’ll then be able to set up your Hulu account(s).

• Like 1