Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

You beat me to it.  I saw that article and came here to say the same thing.  For the non-initiated, my analogy was going to be:

"Newest Ferraris have been shown to do up to 200MPH on a racetrack. But average speeds of the latest Honda cars in the real world are only 40MPH!  Honda is doomed!"

- Trip
Not to mention Sprint's Honda has shown theoretical of 1Gbps, which is higher than T-Mobiles Ferrari 600mbps. This article is so far off base, it's a good example of why I don't read The Motley Fool anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bretton88 said:

Not to mention Sprint's Honda has shown theoretical of 1Gbps, which is higher than T-Mobiles Ferrari 600mbps. This article is so far off base, it's a good example of why I don't read The Motley Fool anymore.

Sprint just needs to deliver.  Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

That publication is utter trash. Personally I find it almost illegal for stock miniuplation

But I know it's not. Just my view point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, Trip said:

I'm trying to puzzle something out about the Extended LTE thing Sprint is doing with US Cellular these days.  Maybe someone here has a better idea.

My mom wants a smart phone for Christmas.  My parents, many of you may recall, live in US Cellular territory, which is the primary reason I am a Sprint customer, since service in that area is important.  Both are retired.  Now that Sprint has this Extended LTE thing going, I'm trying to figure out if I could put my mom on my Sprint unlimited family plan or if that would be a problem.  It's similar to the problem that I have going there; everything is theoretically fine if she's out and about in Farmville/Appomattox/Lynchburg/South Boston where Shentel or Sprint would have native service, and at home, the wifi works more often than not these days (it's improved in the past year).  The real issue will be those times when the home Internet is out, or if she is in the county (library, post office, traveling to and from aforementioned cities, etc.) where service would be coming from US Cellular. 

Does anyone have a sense of whether or not that would cause a problem?  I can't find a policy for Sprint indicating what limits, if any, there are on the Extended LTE.  Thanks.

- Trip

I am in a similar situation. I work in an area with native coverage but live in an area with Extended LTE. I was told there is no 50% usage rule for extended service areas. For 4 months things worked fine, but as of a couple weeks ago I no longer have access to the Extended service. I never used excessive data, was usually under 5gig (combined native and extended). Sprint support says everything should be working fine and my account has not been flagged for any reason. I am now on my 3rd support ticket as they keep closing them with no resolution. Moral of the story: service in Extended areas is not guaranteed. So when it works, things are great.  But if there's a problem, beware. 

It takes you direct to Verizon. It is a Verizon press release.

He is saying doesn't work. When you view it on cell phones you get a error message 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

You have to view it on a computer. It doesn't work on cell phones

Not true. Worked on my Galaxy S7E on the first click. 

Not sure why others can't see it on their phones. 

• Like 1

What do you guys think of Sprint offering free Hulu service for its customers to compete with Tmobile and Netflix.  Sounds like it would include the $7.99/mo plan.  My guess is that this would only be a benefit for the Sprint Unlimited Freedom customers and not grandfathered to all legacy plans.  Like Tmobile they only limit the Netflix offer for those with the Tmobile One TI plan.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-to-launch-free-hulu-service-for-unlimited-users-wave7

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ericdabbs said:

What do you guys think of Sprint offering free Hulu service for its customers to compete with Tmobile and Netflix.  Sounds like it would include the $7.99/mo plan.  My guess is that this would only be a benefit for the Sprint Unlimited Freedom customers and not grandfathered to all legacy plans.  Like Tmobile they only limit the Netflix offer for those with the Tmobile One TI plan.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-to-launch-free-hulu-service-for-unlimited-users-wave7

Awesome! My family has two Hulu subscriptions.

26 minutes ago, ericdabbs said:

Dope! i just signed up about two weeks ago. My question would be how this would work? Probably similar to tidal. Add it to your plan, you get a text link to sign up and it gets billed to your Sprint account. I guess the only difference would be the $7.99 that gets billed will be a credit.

I wonder too if this Hulu offer is something that will baked into a revamped UF plan with a higher cost since Marcelo stated price increases are coming soon? This would be a good way to get people to switch over to that new plan. 

1 hour ago, ericdabbs said:

What do you guys think of Sprint offering free Hulu service for its customers to compete with Tmobile and Netflix.

Meh.  Free candy.  But I do not eat candy.

Not to mention, free candy is not really free.  It costs folks like you and me.

AJ

I️ wonder how much of this is cost saving or is it a ploy to attack T-Mobile and Sprint. Either way I would have never saw this happening.

I️ wonder how much of this is cost saving or is it a ploy to attack T-Mobile and Sprint. Either way I would have never saw this happening.
TMobile and Sprint just need to do the same thing.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

It's "wise" , from their perspective, in several ways

1)Reduces buildout costs for rural/under served areas. 

2)Future proofs lease pricing, to some extent. 

3)Opens the door to Verizon/ATT doing collective negotiations with current tower owners re future rates -ie - "we can build and service our own tower"

4)Has the *potential* to create higher costs for smaller carriers, should the longterm plan be to abandon sites in given markets. 

5)Affords the two the opportunity to *only* offer cost prohibitive lease rates to competitors looking to use their infrastructure in under-served markets. 

*Perhaps* this will provide some motivation for Sprint and Tmobile to share network infrastructure or build out costs sooner than later.  

• Like 2

Not seeing the one year free when I go to their website. First slide that shows up is a $100 per line max $300 for 3 lines when switching to service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, ITK79 said:

Not seeing the one year free when I go to their website. First slide that shows up is a $100 per line max $300 for 3 lines when switching to service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You've logged in before so it knows you're a returning customer.

Clear cache/cookies.