Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Here's some more photos of Marcelo's meeting:

https://twitter.com/pagina_siete/status/878028886948405249

Check out the small cell!

https://twitter.com/pagina_siete/status/878028886948405249/photo/3

Is that a Nokia Mini Macro?

Nokia Flexi Zone Pico cell.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmmm.... You are not worth even talking to. I didn't blame sprint being broke on zoning laws, I simply pointed out that they face different constraints than T mobile. When you develop critical thinking skills I'll pay attention to your NIMBY complaints.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Critical thinking skills? Do you not see the irony? You brought absolutely nothing to the argument by pointing out Sprint's CAPEX/budget. That's a hole that Sprint dug on its own.

Sounds like you just want to place the blame on everyone BUT Sprint.

Just because Tmo and Verizon have agreed to be held hostage in the past from local jurisdictions with difficult demands doesn't mean it's right and it doesn't mean they will always do it or will afford it.  

The bottom line is those additional costs will be born by consumers.  And one of you is OK with that.

• Like 3

You couldn't be seriously  thinking that Legere could go to the White House with this:

https://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/legereonesie-630x421.png

He is like a professional wrestler, he can't be off character otherwise troubles arises at the Magenta  Cult. 

• Like 1

Just because Tmo and Verizon have agreed to be held hostage in the past from local jurisdictions with difficult demands doesn't mean it's right and it doesn't mean they will always do it or will afford it.

The bottom line is those additional costs will be born by consumers. And one of you is OK with that.

More than fine with it. If a person can't afford data, then maybe switch down to call and text only plan. Afterall, wireless isn't a necessity, it's a luxury.

I also wouldn't call it "hostage" either. They're more than welcome to not service the area. There's a reason why communities with strict zoning laws exist. Some people want to live in cookie cutter houses and will pay the premium to do so. They have every right to demand that their neighborhoods be kept a certain way. Anyone that doesn't like it shouldn't move to those neighborhoods.

I personally don't like homeowner associations, which is why I choose to live in an area without one. But I also respect the right of people who choose to live in an area with one.

More than fine with it. If a person can't afford data, then maybe switch down to call and text only plan. Afterall, wireless isn't a necessity, it's a luxury.

I also wouldn't call it "hostage" either. They're more than welcome to not service the area. There's a reason why communities with strict zoning laws exist. Some people want to live in cookie cutter houses and will pay the premium to do so. They have every right to demand that their neighborhoods be kept a certain way. Anyone that doesn't like it shouldn't move to those neighborhoods.

I personally don't like homeowner associations, which is why I choose to live in an area without one. But I also respect the right of people who choose to live in an area with one.

People who don't own a home would never appreciate the importance of local zoning laws. Those are the loud voices that yell NIMBY whenever property owners try to protect their neighborhood from being defiled by unscrupulous telecom operators. They will eventually grow up so I would save my breath arguing with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's become a necessity for many to be able to do their jobs. However, I am seeing fewer businesses willing to pay for their employees to have a line with data. So how is that fair? I could not do my job without cell data (the way I am expected to do my job now) but my company does not and will not pay for my data.

But if they don't service the area... those living there will scream bloody murder about not having a good signal. And for the record... I am a homeowner... and I still don't care about having a cell tower in my line of sight as long as I have a good signal. I'd gladly give them space in my yard for a small cell. Already have power lines and a street light.

• Like 5

People who don't own a home would never appreciate the importance of local zoning laws. Those are the loud voices that yell NIMBY whenever property owners try to protect their neighborhood from being defiled by unscrupulous telecom operators. They will eventually grow up so I would save my breath arguing with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, speak for yourself. I am a home owner and NIMBY drive me nuts. I dont care about your personal aesthetic sensibilities, I care about having infurstructor running to my house. Wireless cites arent ofensive to me in the slightest, it would be like saying you dont want street lights because you dont like the way they look.

In any case most of this stuff isnt going up in subdivisions but just out side of them or in parks and open areas with in them. So, what is the big deal?

It's become a necessity for many to be able to do their jobs. However, I am seeing fewer businesses willing to pay for their employees to have a line with data. So how is that fair? I could not do my job without cell data (the way I am expected to do my job now) but my company does not and will not pay for my data.

Sounds like an issue you should resolve with your employer. I don't know what type of industry you're in, but almost everyone I know has a cell allowance option, even if they don't use their phone for work sometimes.

But if they don't service the area... those living there will scream bloody murder about not having a good signal. And for the record... I am a homeowner... and I still don't care about having a cell tower in my line of sight as long as I have a good signal.

Some of the Houston suburbs that have strict zoning laws are already getting Verizon small cells and soon will have T-Mobile. They're not screaming bloody murder because signal isn't an issue.

I'd gladly give them space in my yard for a small cell. Already have power lines and a street light.

If your area allows it, go for it. Each carrier has a website were you can submit your property as a candidate for a new cell site. Edited by greenbastard
  • Like 1

In any case most of this stuff isnt going up in subdivisions but just out side of them or in parks and open areas with in them. So, what is the big deal?

Wrong. Small cells are being hidden into street lamps and macro sites are blending in as palm trees/pine trees in many new subdivisions.

Cellular companies have shown that they're more than willing to abide by local rules since it's usually a one time cost to hide panels and equipment.

Sounds like an issue you should resolve with your employer. I don't know what type of industry you're in, but almost everyone I know has a cell allowance option, even if they don't use their phone for work sometimes.

I'm a meteorologist... but most consider me part of "the media." I know very few companies that provide phones for their employees. They used to, but as part of trimming the budget, that is no longer a thing that happens. 

• Like 1

Wrong. Small cells are being hidden into street lamps and macro sites are blending in as palm trees/pine trees in many new subdivisions.

Cellular companies have shown that they're more than willing to abide by local rules since it's usually a one time cost to hide panels and equipment.

So, most macro sites are going up in subdivisions? I would be willing to bet you that isnt true. Most small cells I habe seen have been out side subdivisions and on city streets. So I dont know how sure you can be I am wrong. Lol

Also, every site is a coat benefit analyst, raise the cost and more marginal areas are not going to see sites. You cant get something for nothing.

I'm a meteorologist... but most consider me part of "the media." I know very few companies that provide phones for their employees. They used to, but as part of trimming the budget, that is no longer a thing that happens.

A real meteorologist? Or a TV teleprompter meteorologist??

I ask because the TV/Radio is one of the industries that saw massive cuts to jobs and perks during the recession. Sad to say, many of those never came back. Many people don't know this, but many small markets now have their 10 o'clock news broadcasted from another city in order to save money.

• Like 1

A real meteorologist? Or a TV teleprompter meteorologist??

I ask because the TV/Radio is one of the industries that saw massive cuts to jobs and perks during the recession. Sad to say, many of those never came back. Many people don't know this, but many small markets now have their 10 o'clock news broadcasted from another city in order to save money.

Wow. That's ... insulting. I am a real meteorologist. I am also on TV. I have a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology from St. Louis University. I do not read a teleprompter. I create my own forecast using the tools that I was taught in school, and what I have learned through other means from the American Meteorological Society and National Weather Association, as well as from my friends with the National Weather Service and other agencies.

Only a very few stations in a very markets have been dissolved. And most cities get their news from another city... that's what broadcast markets are for. They cover large parts of a state, or several states.

• Like 13

So, most macro sites are going up in subdivisions? I would be willing to bet you that isnt true. Most small cells I habe seen have been out side subdivisions and on city streets. So I dont know how sure you can be I am wrong. Lol

I won't speak for Sprint, but Verizon and T-Mobile are adding cells all over the place. A Macro pine tree here, a flag pole at the local school there, and a small cell here on top of a street light, etc.

Also, every site is a coat benefit analyst, raise the cost and more marginal areas are not going to see sites. You cant get something for nothing.

It's a one time cost.

But like I said, it's the cost of doing business. Prices will vary from region to region. In many major cities, prices vary from street to street. And this notion that it's too expensive for Sprint is baloney. Sprint has their fair share of flag pole antennas in College Station, TX. It was also one of the first small markets to get LTE uogrades through NV.

Greenbastard. It doesn't matter if it is a one time cost, it matters that it is a cost.

Also, there CAPEX spending seems to suggest sprint financial constrants are not "baloney" despite your all knowing wisdom.

A real meteorologist? Or a TV teleprompter meteorologist?

Is it really necessary to be insulting? Especially to a moderator? 

David is a "real" meteorologist, and also happens to have acquired a huge amount of knowledge about Sprint and the wireless telecom world in general. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I would be more tolerant of your opinions and posts if you would donate to S4GRU and then take some time to actually learn from some of the very informative Sponsor posts. 

• Like 10

So apparently all TV meteorologists are hacks. This would be a surprise to all of them that spend hours looking over their equipment, running the models, and prepping for their segments to keep the public informed with accurate (as much as they can be) information. There's a reason the local meteorologist is often a community stalwart.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Is it really necessary to be insulting? Especially to a moderator?

It's not insulting. A lot of medium to small markets don't employer real meteorologist anymore.

As a matter of fact, a lot of major market TV stations employ a meteorologist, but the person that you see on TV is a weatherman/woman. Huge difference.

It's not insulting. A lot of medium to small markets don't employer real meteorologist anymore.

As a matter of fact, a lot of major market TV stations employ a meteorologist, but the person that you see on TV is a weatherman/woman. Huge difference.

No, it is truly insulting. Because it is very much the opposite of what you say. Even in small markets, the vast majority of stations *require* a meteorology degree to even be considered. There are some grandfathered in, but just about everyone I know in the business is a degreed meteorologist.

(And I apologize to the rest of our members for being so incredibly off topic).

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 10

No, it is truly insulting. Because it is very much the opposite of what you say. Even in small markets, the vast majority of stations *require* a meteorology degree to been be considered. There are some grandfathered in, but just about everyone I know in the business is a degreed meteorologist.

Sent from my LG G5

No, you don't understand. Greenbastard is the font of wisdom, he knows the truth about every industry, where every new macro, where small cell is going up and what degrees are held by whom in every industry. Bow to his wisdom.

I won't even go into the personal nightmare story I've had with ZTE here, other to say I'd rather hang out with John Legere at the T-Mobile USA corporate offices than ever have to deal with ZTE in person. My issues with T-Mobile are miniscule compared to my disdain for ZTE.

Hopefully Guenther got his business with ZTE done fast and quickly moved onto better business for Sprint.

My personal experience with ZTE was pretty good. I have a LivePro that had some weird issues which they replaced under warranty rather quickly. It was maybe 5 or 6 days from when I called for warranty support to when I received the device back. The only snafu I ran into at all was the replacement devices meid wasn't in Sprint's database and I had to wait another two days to get it activated. I would definitely try another one of their devices.

• Like 1

Greenbastard. It doesn't matter if it is a one time cost, it matters that it is a cost.

Also, there CAPEX spending seems to suggest sprint financial constrants are not "baloney" despite your all knowing wisdom.

Have you ever seen a Sprint camouflage site? There is a town 80 miles west of me that is filled with them.

Sprint has no problem following local ordinances because they've done it in the past. Like I said, this notion that Sprint camouflage sites are a huge burden is baloney. If they were, they wouldn't be doing them or would have focused on coverage, not capacity. Hell, they got areas in Vegas in which one site is a palm tree and the next one isn't. In Fresno, Sprint has macro sites all over the place, but one totally random flag pole antenna with a huge American flag inside a car dealership lot. Sprint does camouflage sites at random, with or without local ordinances forcing them to.

And before you ramble off about "Sprint could add more if not for added costs"... remember that Sprint is currently not expanding or adding many macro sites to begin with. So don't even go there

At this point, you're just rambling for the sake of rambling. I'm done with you.

• Like 1