Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Have a look at how Google handles updates: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en

Pixel Phones:

Android Updates:

Pixel phones get Android version updates for at least 2 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store. After 2 years, we can't guarantee more updates.

Security Updates:

Pixel phones get security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store, or at least 18 months from when the Google Store last sold the device, whichever is longer. After that, we can't guarantee more updates.

Have a look at how Google handles updates: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en

Yes, of course. I forgot about the Pixel. Thanks!

Google and Samsung are the only two that seem to promise updates (and actually deliver them)

Of course, they all pale in comparison to Apple. Even 4-5 year old iPhones get the latest OS. They're finally stopping iPhone 5 support with iOS 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just said it right there without even realizing it, Sprint beats t-mobile in network quality, but everyone keeps looking at speed instead of the overall picture.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

To alot of people coverage it's the most important which Sprint needs to improve. The average Joe doesn't go around running speed test.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is a question for the more technically inclined. Does anybody know what Sprint's voice strategy is going to be going forward?

Is VOLTE mainly going to be riding on top of Band 26? How long will 1x800 will be kept around? Will sprint install Band 26 on all their non-IBEZ sites? 

I'm sorry. Is Sprint's coverage bad? It covers the VAST majority of Americans and where we live, work and play. For the small percentage of time we find ourselves outside of Sprint's native footprint, we have the fantastic fallback option of Vzw and, increasingly, ATT. So...what's the problem?

• Like 7

Of course. No other OEM has been updating their flagships for, at least, two years after release.

LG, Sony, and HTC have abandoned some of their models.

BlackBerry updates there Android devices monthly like clockwork

• Like 1

BlackBerry updates there Android devices monthly like clockwork

There's a difference between security patches and OS updates.

Galaxy S6 came out before Priv and is already getting Nougat. No update from BB yet.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. Is Sprint's coverage bad?

It is subpar once you consider that T-Mobile went from zero to 300+ million POPs of LTE in less time than Sprint has been deploying LTE.

Coverage is an issue across the US. I'm not sure how one could deny that. They need to upgrade all those EVDO-only sites to LTE....

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 2

I'm sorry. Is Sprint's coverage bad? It covers the VAST majority of Americans and where we live, work and play. For the small percentage of time we find ourselves outside of Sprint's native footprint, we have the fantastic fallback option of Vzw and, increasingly, ATT. So...what's the problem?

I've never had a big problem since I guess the beginning of NV, which at that point Sprint was shit to be honest. But I watched it improve significantly, and to the point now that I never have to worry about not having reliable service, the people bitching are still stuck on Sprint from say 2012 when it wasn't anything to talk about and they haven't given it another chance.

• Like 2

This conversation isn't about T-mobile. So don't bring them in. If you don't like Sprint then walk () away. No one will miss you in Overland Park. But they work for the VAST MAJORITY of Americans. That cannot be denied. There is always room for improvement in any situations in one's life (take, I dunno...grammar, for example) but their service is greatly improved and largely sufficient for most Americans. Sprint doesn't owe you - or anyone, for that matter - anything. Get used to that fact.

• Like 3

This conversation isn't about T-mobile. So don't bring them in. If you don't like Sprint then walk () away.

Ha. Why are you getting so worked up Jonny-boy?

Facts are facts. The 4 most densely populated states in the US are NJ, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and CT in that order. Sprint has ignored large parts of every single one of those states and fails to provide adequate LTE coverage.

But they work for the VAST MAJORITY of Americans.

If this was actually true, why do they have the least amount of subscribers then?

-----

How can we expect Sprint to bring in customers.. especially if they're ignoring the US' most densely populated areas?

• Like 1

I've never had a big problem since I guess the beginning of NV, which at that point Sprint was shit to be honest. But I watched it improve significantly, and to the point now that I never have to worry about not having reliable service, the people bitching are still stuck on Sprint from say 2012 when it wasn't anything to talk about and they haven't given it another chance.

It varies. Some parts of the country spring doesnt have anything like reliable service.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

The 4 most densely populated states in the US are NJ, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and CT in that order.

-----

How can we expect Sprint to bring in customers.. especially if they're ignoring the US' most densely populated areas?

Out of those four states only one can have a large ignored area as only one is a large enough to have a large area at all. You are also assuming that density of population has anything to do with profit. All of those four states are also have one thing in common. Higher than average per capita income. Most are not looking for a deal and are probably going to stick with the big two.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Facts are facts. The 4 most densely populated states in the US are NJ, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and CT in that order. Sprint has ignored large parts of every single one of those states and fails to provide adequate LTE coverage.

-----

As for the other states, I can't comment, but I believe the reason NJ is the top most densely populated state according to the census is mainly because of the counties of Guttenberg, Union City, West NY, Hoboken, Cliffside Park and East Newark. They are in the top 10 along with NYC as the most densely populated cities and they all border NYC. Thus making them part of the NYC Metropolitan area. Maybe coverage further inland or southern NJ may not be up to par, but that I know of all those cities (mentioned) bordering NYC have good or adequate coverage. 

• Like 1

Spoken like an honest troll, I'd classify you as the persistent debate troll:

This type of troll loves a good argument. They can take a great, thoroughly researched and fact-based piece of content, and come at it from all opposing discussion angles to challenge its message. They believe they're right, and everyone else is wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I travel throughout New England for my job and live in Rhode Island. What parts of RI are being ignored? Multiple of tbeir 3g only were converted to lte over the last couplr weeks. What oarts of MA or CT?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

People are starting to call Sprint an MVNO of AT&T and Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that is true. Some have even called them a small carrier.

Right. My thoughts exactly.

Some have said Sprint rootmetrics scores are only cause of roaming onto vzw. People also don't like roaming.