Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

They should finish LTE deployment in MA/CT/RI/NH before opening more stores...

3xCA is not live in Boston yet. Their density is also paper-thin... especially when you compare them to Magenta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, Sprint has fallen so far behind in Macro site density to T-Mobile that it's not even a fair fight anymore. T-Mobile has added 3 macro sites in my immediate area alone. Their original network was already more dense than Sprint, so this recent addition to their network is putting not just Sprint to shame, but Verizon as well. Sadly, one of their new setups is an abandoned Nextel site that would be a perfect fit for Sprint.

Overland Park is rolling the dice on this one and hoping Mobilitie gets past the local municipality issues with ROW access. Dangerous move, but it has the potential to pay off big time if permits are awarded and deployment goes full speed.

Time will tell, I guess (unless a merger gets in the way).

• Like 5

I guess he reposted. It looks like a movie Sprint users are able to gain access too. I hope there's more news than that. Discounted subscription rates would be nice

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/872659289642545152

An NC-17 film? I hope access to this is by log-in and not IP based. This has the potential to backfire with over-protective parents.
  • Like 1

if its free for sprint costumers I could see it helping get some new costumers

Yes, Sprint marketing hopes to make great inroads with the cosplay demographic.

AJ

• Like 3

An NC-17 film? I hope access to this is by log-in and not IP based. This has the potential to backfire with over-protective parents.

Its not just over-protective parents Sprint may have to worry about, but any negative media reaction in general surrounding any specific questionable content and the groups in which may complain about tje content, including parents.

At this point, Sprint would be better just to promote its own brand as a wireless carrier, rather than attempt to connect itself to popular culture to sell its "brand", by relating its image outside of its core purpose, which is to be a wireless carrier.

Not bad. It'd be nice for them to also offer a discount after the 6 month free trial. They were pretty fond of 50% off for quite some time.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Didn't say in the article but I wonder if you can bill our Sprint account. That can be a big and easy push for reps in the store to push Tidal.

Not bad. It'd be nice for them to also offer a discount after the 6 month free trial. They were pretty fond of 50% off for quite some time.

After six months, Sprint customers can pay $9.99 per month for TIDAL Premium. That's 50% off. Like you wanted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I agree. I haven't seen anyone here defend Sprint adding more retail stores right now, and I think that is quite telling, aside from the obvious aspect of us being advocates for network development.

Which leads me to a question I have for a poll I might create, once I think of how to arrange it best.

1) no poll.

2) Or it isn't telling at all. Perhaps people have tired of arguing with the armchair CEOs in this thread.

• Like 2

After six months, Sprint customers can pay $9.99 per month for TIDAL Premium. That's 50% off. Like you wanted.

Huh? I'm pretty sure that $9.99 is the regular price for premium.

"After six months, Sprint customers can pay $9.99 per month for TIDAL Premium." That's 50% off the premium version and makes it the same price as the standard version.

I hope Sprint marketing is saying hifi is 50% off, which makes more sense.  It's really stupid if they mistyped this. 

Didn't say in the article but I wonder if you can bill our Sprint account. That can be a big and easy push for reps in the store to push Tidal.

Big and easy push or big and easy way to cram customer bills?

It's bad enough that anytime I would purchase a phone thru Sprint, I would walk out with phone insurance after specifically telling store reps not to add it.

• Like 2

I hope Sprint marketing is saying hifi is 50% off, which makes more sense. It's really stupid if they mistyped this.

Oh well I didn't know they consider there standard version a premium. IF that's the case then the only good part about this is the 6 months free. But it is a very nice offer.

Oh well I didn't know they consider there standard version a premium. IF that's the case then the only good part about this is the 6 months free. But it is a very nice offer.

I read the press release.  There's no typo.  Sprint only offers 6 months of free Tidal service. No discount after the trial period.  They could have done better to retain customers on Tidal and Sprint.

• Like 3

I read the press release. There's no typo. Sprint only offers 6 months of free Tidal service. No discount after the trial period. They could have done better to retain customers on Tidal and Sprint.

Seems like a wasted effort. This would have been a great opportunity for Sprint to package HiFi as part of the service. As I've mentioned before, all Sprint would need to do to make this offer extremely compelling, especially to audio enthusiasts is a non-expiry two lines for $90 monthly with Tidal HiFi included. That would be big business for Sprint right there.

• Like 1

They should finish LTE deployment in MA/CT/RI/NH before opening more stores...

3xCA is not live in Boston yet. Their density is also paper-thin... especially when you compare them to Magenta.

Yes it is

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Yes it is

Where?

I've seen no 3xCA in Back Bay, Downtown Crossing, Seaport, Beacon Hill, Brookline, Chestnut Hill...

It would help if you can actually provide locations, instead of merely proclaiming I'm wrong.

Edited by WiseGuy321

Where?

I've seen no 3xCA in Back Bay, Downtown Crossing, Seaport, Beacon Hill, Brookline, Chestnut Hill...

It would help if you can actually provide locations, instead of merely proclaiming I'm wrong.

Not widespread yet but sites in east Cambridge, downtown crossing, symphony t station, roxbury crossing and a few others

• Like 1

Not widespread yet but sites in east Cambridge, downtown crossing, symphony t station, roxbury crossing and a few others

Where in DTX? There is nothing up by that Sprint store, Primark, Macys, etc.