Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Is the 10GB tether full available speeds? I notice for two lines on TMobile it is $100 as well but says tether is at "up to 3G speeds".

Do existing customers not get the discount to $90? I am online and glad to see I can change my plan to it, and before getting too deep into the process it says my cost is $110 but will minus $10/mo once I sign up for auto-pay.

Full LTE speed until 10 GB. 2G afterwards.

Correct on AutoPay. Also requires eBill enrollment.

You can also get a $5/month corporate discount per line.

• Like 1

To the 100MB roaming limit, last time I was visiting my parents, I am pretty sure I went way over the 100MB of roaming and didn't get cut off or even a notice.  (Their Internet was down and I was really bored, so I tethered my laptop via US Cellular LTE roaming.)

- Trip

• Like 1

To the 100MB roaming limit, last time I was visiting my parents, I am pretty sure I went way over the 100MB of roaming and didn't get cut off or even a notice. (Their Internet was down and I was really bored, so I tethered my laptop via US Cellular LTE roaming.)

- Trip

I did. You must have gotten lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the 100MB roaming limit, last time I was visiting my parents, I am pretty sure I went way over the 100MB of roaming and didn't get cut off or even a notice.  (Their Internet was down and I was really bored, so I tethered my laptop via US Cellular LTE roaming.)

- Trip

what city/state were you on USC? how were speeds? were you using the G5?

ROFL...Sprint messed up for Tmobile category for Data-High speed. It says "Doubles slow-speed to max of 256 Mbps". I think they meant to say "Doubles slow-speed to max of 256 Kbps". I would love the Tmobile free 256 Mbps international data which is way faster than current LTE speeds in the US :lol::lol::lol: .

Nice catch there.

If Sprint can do this for International Roaming Usage, why is it so restrictive on Domestic Roaming Usage.

• Like 2

what city/state were you on USC? how were speeds? were you using the G5?

Charlotte County, VA.  Speeds were acceptable--better than the 0 kbps my parents were getting on the home Internet.  :)  I was on the G5.

The only catch was that every so often my phone would try to pick up the nTelos 1X 800 from Long Mountain overlooking Rustburg.  It would drop the data session until it realized the signal was too weak to use.  (I do wonder if an outdoor antenna would work for the nTelos signal; I used to watch W60BM, a PBS TV signal, from that mountain almost perfectly clearly until it signed off in 2008.  Channel 60 was in the 700 MHz band, so 800 MHz wouldn't be that different.)

- Trip

• Like 2

Yes.

Nebraska, driving across it.

wow, interesting. Sprint has great LTE service on I80 in Nebraska from the Iowa border all the way to west of Kearney. so from there until the Colorado border is roaming (about 160 miles).

Nice catch there.

If Sprint can do this for International Roaming Usage, why is it so restrictive on Domestic Roaming Usage.

Because Sprint isn't a competitor for your dollar in non USA markets so the roaming rate Sprint gets charged is probably much lower (if not straight up reciprocity).

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

And that is exactly why I have no deprioritization. Last new line added was 7/30/15. All new phones after that have been BYOD. Though it has been over a year since I have gone over 23GB... Hmm...

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I'm on ED1500 and the last 2 year upgrade I had was in 2014. I've noticed throttling at some points of the day we're speeds won't go past 0.5 Mbps even though I'm nowhere near the 23GB threshold for the bill cycle. It's not congestion as this happens in all bands (including B41 which is never congested due to its small coverage).

It could be network issues, but I'll have to test this next time I see this issue by comparing two Sprint phones side to side. It would not surprise me if Sprint pushed prioritization to all users without telling anyone (just like they phased out 2 year agreements and Open World without their customers knowing).

I did. You must have gotten lucky.

- Trip

I moved to a plan three years ago that supposedly has 100MB limits on data roaming.  I have two lines, one for work and one personal, and both allowed me up to the 300MB limit, not 100MB, without overage charges.  I too, however, was on US Cellular LTE in Maine, so maybe it's a USC thing.

EDIT: When I hit 300MB on my work phone, it most certainly cut me off.  A Sprint web page would show I hit the limit.

- Trip

Last time I was roaming (on Framily plan so 100MB limit) I got notices that I had hit 100MB, then 200MB, and then was cut off at 300MB. If you are a heavy roaming user, it seems they reserve the right to cut you off at 100MB, but there seems to be some leeway between 100 and 300.

This was driving western Kansas in the time when NexTech was a full roaming rather than extended native network like it is now.

• Like 2

Last time I was roaming (on Framily plan so 100MB limit) I got notices that I had hit 100MB, then 200MB, and then was cut off at 300MB. If you are a heavy roaming user, it seems they reserve the right to cut you off at 100MB, but there seems to be some leeway between 100 and 300.

This was driving western Kansas in the time when NexTech was a full roaming rather than extended native network like it is now.

How do you avoid roaming charges? Put your phone in Airplane Mode?

Is it possible to prevent domestic roaming on iOS now?

In other news...

dCDWdIb.jpg

Airpurify 3.0

AJ

• Like 10

In other news...

Is this the device that has LTE within it?

How do you avoid roaming charges? Put your phone in Airplane Mode?

Is it possible to prevent domestic roaming on iOS now?

Sprint shuts off your roaming abilities. At least that's what happened to me. I could not use data any more.