Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

In fact, B25 has been getting additional channel widths in a number of markets across the country.

The goal with HPUE is to have B25/26 be the fallback for B41, especially with HPUE boosting B41 Outdoor Coverage area to nearly match B25 coverage outdoors and B41 indoor coverage to 90% penetration of B25 indoors. The idea is to have users on Band 41 all the time.

Since new HPUE handsets are required to utilize HPUE, this device uptake number will be something to keep an eye on.

S8/S8+ and LG G6 so far.

We'll see what HTC and Apple come out with.

Perhaps the next Pixel as well.

Hopefully that Motorola phone that gig LTE was tested on it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In fact, B25 has been getting additional channel widths in a number of markets across the country.

The eventual goal must be to use band 25 as the PCC -- because Sprint can do 10-15 MHz FDD in band 25 without CA in most major markets across the country.  CA, though, will play a role, as FDD+TDD CA then will be needed to bring in band 41 as SCCs.

AJ

• Like 3

The eventual goal must be to use band 25 as the PCC -- because Sprint can do 10-15 MHz FDD in band 25 without CA in most major markets across the country. CA, though, will play a role, as FDD+TDD CA then will be needed to bring in band 41 as SCCs.

AJ

Will Sprint do 25+41 CA tho?

Arysyn, is that you?

AJ

Haha, I don't read arsyrn posts so I wouldn't know what he talks about. But notice the brevity of my post and know I'm not him...

Anyway, I didn't think about the possibility of b25+B41 CA. That'd do quite nicely [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Haha, I don't read arsyrn posts so I wouldn't know what he talks about.

He dreams of Sprint selling off its PCS 1900 MHz spectrum assets.

AJ

• Like 1

I wouldnt know, I have never lost signal going up and down the east coast, slow speeds!? Yup, losing complete signal for more than a few seconds no..

Now people I know on Tmobile, Ive seen them lose all service in my building. [emoji38]

Agreed! Although I really haven't even experienced slow speeds either.

Sent from my NS-P16AT10 using Tapatalk

Update to my trek up to New Hampshire from lower Manhattan, I have lost LTE a total of 10min (3G in Ashton) the rest of the ride (about 280 miles) I have been on LTE streaming music all the way without one bit of buffering.

• Like 13

Arysyn, is that you?

AJ

No, I'm still here as me.

Staff, you really ought to give me more credit than this. I abided by your "punishment" of me, didn't complain about it or give you any difficulty. Just because I'm not a fan of band 25 on Sprint, doesn't mean I'd masquerade as someone else. I only have this one account here. Also, despite what you may think of me, I do respect this site.

• Like 2

At Fenway Park right now, packed house! The network is performing awesome! Speeds between 20-50mb!

I'm at Safeco Field. Sprint running 12-15Mbps on single B41 carrier. Tmo running 6-7Mbps with CA. And this is Tmo's home town. Not shabby.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 10

And this is Tmo's home town.

Nah.  T-Mobile is east si-yee-duh.

AJ

And this is Tmo's home town.

4457_1.jpg

"You ain't sending me to no Bellevue."

AJ

4457_1.jpg

"You ain't sending me to no Bellevue."

AJ

We had dinner in Bellevue. Drove right past the TMO Campus near Factoria Mall.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We had dinner in Bellevue. Drove right past the TMO Campus near Factoria Mall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NYC_Health_%2B_Hospitals/Bellevue

AJ

Just noticed, Appalachian Wireless is now listed as Extended LTE/3G.  They serve east Kentucky.  That is awesome!  My brother lives in that region, pretty easy to go through 300MB before the weekend is up. 

100MB on the new plans  :wall:

100MB on the new plans :wall:

Unlimited now though because they're Extended. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Sprint's only LTE roaming partners are US Cellular and maybe AT&T now (we're still not entirely sure what's happening with AT&T)…

• Like 1

what does this mean?

Means voice is roaming but, LTE is native. Either the roaming partner is using Sprint spectrum or Sprint can roam on their LTE Nativity.

Means voice is roaming but, LTE is native. Either the roaming partner is using Sprint spectrum or Sprint can roam on their LTE Nativity.

he was saying that it's easy to blow through 300MB. my point is most people have or switched to the new unlimited plans which have 100MB of data roaming instead of 300MB on the older plans.

he was saying that it's easy to blow through 300MB. my point is most people have or switched to the new unlimited plans which have 100MB of data roaming instead of 300MB on the older plans.

The end of 2 Year Contracts has accelerated this transition of customers off of Subsidized plans (Everything Data/Unlimited My Way) and onto Unsubsidized plans like Unlimited Freedom. It'll be interesting to see the plan type (Unsubsidized vs. Subsidized) percentage breakdown in the upcoming Earnings Call Investor Update document.

Here's the one from the last Earnings Call (Page 9): http://s21.q4cdn.com/487940486/files/doc_financials/quarterly/2016/Q3/3_Fiscal-3Q16-Sprint-Quarterly-Investor-Update-FINAL.pdf.

"Postpaid phone customers on unsubsidized service plans^ represented 71 percent of the base at the end of the quarter, compared to 57 percent in the year-ago period and 67 percent in the prior quarter."

The Loyalty Credit of $10/Month per line for leases/installments on these older plans isn't as good as the new plan pricing with installments or leases.

I think Sprint will eventually pull the Loyalty Credit altogether when the number of customers on Subsidized plans drops sufficiently. Right now you have people transitioning from Legacy Plans or churning out. When it's small enough of a percentage with Loyalty Credits, I'll bet Sprint pulls them. Smart way to do it would be on the next customer upgrade, and to move them to an Unsubsidized plan.

• Like 1

Unlimited now though because they're Extended. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Sprint's only LTE roaming partners are US Cellular and maybe AT&T now (we're still not entirely sure what's happening with AT&T)…

meaning when roaming on USC and AT&T it would count against your data allotment while it won't on others carriers?