Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Offloading in your most congested sites does have a "network-wide" effect though. Congested areas are typically the only time you see poor speeds, so alleviating these areas will cause you to have a much more consistent network experience. 

Once again, it's not about the most congested sites. It's is literally only targeting high capacity areas like stadiums, malls, and train stations. The effect of doing so isn't nationwide. That's alleviating capacity in select areas. Meanwhile, Band 41 is getting deployed on mini-macros in suburban and rural areas and small cells in cities which will definitely have a much more noticeable impact.

• Like 1

Post paid is not billed in advanced, you are billed after the fact. The bill you just received is for the last complete use cycle.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know I am post paid but I think they bill a month in advance for the monthly recurring charges.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with one of their dumber reps and they told me that since I cancelled after my billing cycle ended I will have to pay for an entire month of service despite being only three days into it. Nice.

Monthly recurring charges as in your service plan? That you would be paying in advance? That would make you a pre-paid customer...in which you wouldn't have a monthly recurring charge...unless you kept pre-paying for the service month after month. I am pretty sure you would be able to get the bill cut down to only amount for the time it was used. This isn't a Sprint issue, this is a general Customer Service issue that is found in pretty much any retail industry

Once again, it's not about the most congested sites. It's is literally only targeting high capacity areas like stadiums, malls, and train stations. The effect of doing so isn't nationwide. That's alleviating capacity in select areas. Meanwhile, Band 41 is getting deployed on mini-macros in suburban and rural areas and small cells in cities which will definitely have a much more noticeable impact.

Well yes that is true, but what I am saying is Verizon and AT&T typically have great speeds in non-congested sites, so there really isn't a need for LTE-LAA. I was merely mentioning LTE-LAA will have a "network-effect" for the average user who doesn't run speed tests but notices slow speeds in high capacity areas. They will have a more consistent data experience, which is the number one metric to look at (not peak speeds etc). As for Sprint deploying mini-macros in rural areas, I have seen no evidence of that nor a commitment from Sprint regarding rural areas. Hopefully, HPUE will help with this and the mini-macros in the suburban and urban settings. As for rural buildout, I believe that is still a ways away. 

Monthly recurring charges as in your service plan? That you would be paying in advance? That would make you a pre-paid customer...in which you wouldn't have a monthly recurring charge...unless you kept pre-paying for the service month after month. I am pretty sure you would be able to get the bill cut down to only amount for the time it was used. This isn't a Sprint issue, this is a general Customer Service issue that is found in pretty much any retail industry

This is what they told me

"Thank you for taking my call. Once you're cancel within the billing cycle , it's require that you still pay for the entire month of service. Apologize for the inconvenience. Sorry that you're no longer with us, you're welcome to join us back anytime you chooses. Thank you for your service with us in the pass. Sprint Cares. AC"

That sounds like I am paying forward a month. My cycle ended on March 7th. I ported out on March 10th. This is my final bill. They aren't comping me three days of service.

"Thank you for taking my call. Once you're cancel within the billing cycle , it's require that you still pay for the entire month of service. Apologize for the inconvenience. Sorry that you're no longer with us, you're welcome to join us back anytime you chooses. Thank you for your service with us in the pass. Sprint Cares. AC"

That sounds like I am paying forward a month. My cycle ended on March 7th. I ported out on March 10th. This is my final bill. They aren't comping me three days of service.

The bill you just got was from 2/7 to 3/6 that is a postpaid bill for which you owe. Look at the actual bill and you will see the dates you are paying for.

• Like 1

They should stick to copy and pasted transcripts, that is some horrible grammar. As I and another have explained, this bill that you have is most likely your bill for the FULL CYCLE up to March 7th. You should then have a discounted bill (or be able to get it discounted if it's not) coming to you for the three days of March 8-10.

I SEEN FULL BUILD 8T8R SITES IN RURAL PA. I KNOW A SITE THATS IN MIDDLE CROP FIELD NOT LOT HOUSES IN AREA. BUT NEW RURAL ADD SITES I DONT KNOW THEY GOING THAT ROUTE ANYMORE. BUT THEY DO EXIST IN THE WILD.

They should stick to copy and pasted transcripts, that is some horrible grammar. As I and another have explained, this bill that you have is most likely your bill for the FULL CYCLE up to March 7th. You should then have a discounted bill (or be able to get it discounted if it's not) coming to you for the three days of March 8-10.

Well they say this is the final bill and that it's for an entire month even though I was only a customer for three days. That's what she wrote. I don't care anymore. I'll just pay the damn thing. It was excruciating talking to this person.

• Like 1

I SEEN FULL BUILD 8T8R SITES IN RURAL PA. I KNOW A SITE THATS IN MIDDLE CROP FIELD NOT LOT HOUSES IN AREA. BUT NEW RURAL ADD SITES I DONT KNOW THEY GOING THAT ROUTE ANYMORE. BUT THEY DO EXIST IN THE WILD.

Nobody has denied there isn't any. You can see a few of them in Texas along Interstate 10 between San Antonio and Houston. They cover no towns, just farms and rattlesnakes.

Are these newly found full build 8T8Rs or ones that have existed for some time now?

• Like 1

LIKE 2 YEARS NOW.DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY ? SPRINT WHOLE ROLLOUT WITH JUST NV WAS STRANGE HOW THEY LAUNCH IT. THEY SHOULD JUST DONE ALL URBAN AREAS WITH 8T8R RADIOS , THEY KNEW THEY HAVE TO UPGRADE CLEARSITES TO MAKE IT BETTER DOWN ROAD . I THINK MONEY IS WHOLE PROBLEM WITH HAVING KICK ASS NETWORK.

Well they say this is the final bill and that it's for an entire month even though I was only a customer for three days. That's what she wrote. I don't care anymore. I'll just pay the damn thing. It was excruciating talking to this person.

You'll receive a final pro rated bill for however many days of service you used the last month you were active. Sprint CS is hit or miss, when I get their Oklahoma call center it's excellent otherwise it's been poor for me.

You'll receive a final pro rated bill for however many days of service you used the last month you were active. Sprint CS is hit or miss, when I get their Oklahoma call center it's excellent otherwise it's been poor for me.

I thought Sprint has joined the rest of the industry at billing a full months use, no mater when the account is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Sprint has joined the rest of the industry at billing a full months use, no mater when the account is closed.

You are confusing prepaid with postpaid

That's what I've been saying. There is no proration on the final bill. If you cancel a day after the cycle begins you will pay for the entire month since they bill in advance. I thought about calling CS again but it's just not worth it. It's their policy and is in the TOS most likely.

You are confusing prepaid with postpaid

Nope not confusing the two -- most post paid (traditional) carriers have stopped pro rating a bill if you cancel service. At least AT&T and Verizon do. And it seems Sprint has followed.

Nope I like lazy typing.

If it continues you can enjoy a "lazy" vacation from this site. Spend the extra minute to fully type out a post out of courtesy for everyone else that has to try and read random capitalized gibberish.

• Like 16

Would this allow Sprint to launch 5x5 MHz b26 in areas of Ohio that are in the ibez or as far away as northern Columbus, Ohio that is stuck on crappy 3x3 and very slow b26....