Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Only harm it does is people constantly running speed tests, but then again the average user is probably not running speed tests constantly. Speeds tests tend to be used when a user thinks his/her connection is super slow as a diagnostic tool or when it is super fast for e-peen contests.

That's very true. So if I'm correct but you can correct me if I'm wrong Speedtest can also congest Network

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's very true. So if I'm correct but you can correct me if I'm wrong Speedtest can also congest Network

Definitely can. So can multiple people in a mall sitting down at a Starbucks watching a TV show, sharing large files, etc. The good thing about speed tests is they tend to be quick. Video streams are active for much more time.

Definitely can. So can multiple people in a mall sitting down at a Starbucks watching a TV show, sharing large files, etc. The good thing about speed tests is they tend to be quick. Video streams are active for much more time.

So Network management practices can effectively manage and help the network stay decongested?

So Network management practices can effectively manage and help the network stay decongested?

Network management can help, but they cannot throttle. Like the terms say, they can limit video to 1080P HD, music streams to 1.5Mbps, and gaming to 8Mbps. They cannot depriortize your data until you use 23GB of data in a month. Meaning if there are a lot of people in one are streaming video, the network will still become congested without enough spectrum.

Network management can help, but they cannot throttle. Like the terms say, they can limit video to 1080P HD, music streams to 1.5Mbps, and gaming to 8Mbps. They cannot depriortize your data until you use 23GB of data in a month. Meaning if there are a lot of people in one are streaming video, the network will still become congested without enough spectrum.

sprint i hope deploys all of their spectrum in order to beat the other carriers...i m rooting for sprint...i hope they succeed i m tired of tmobile constantly bragging........they need to be bumped down a few notches by sprint.... i noticed several improvements on my block with voice coverage ...

https://promo.sprint.com/Registration/AAdvantageLanding

Anyone ever tried this promo? This would be interesting to me if I lived in a Sprint area currently.

I linked my account a while ago. I'm not sure if I got any bonus miles at sign up, but I definitely get miles added to my account each month from Sprint. Actually, considering that I currently have 44,000 miles, and only made 2 2,200 mile flights with AA in the last several years, it must have given me a bonus. Woo hoo, I have (almost?) enough for a free cross country flight I think!

Edit: I'll note I did it before the new streaming throttling took effect, and I'm on an older plan. The current page makes it sound like it opts you into the "optimization". I'll also note that I wasn't a new customer at a time (16 year customer), so I have no idea how I got the extra miles. Either way, I'm not complaining.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice that is says LG on the bottom of this phone?  I thought they used Motorola smart phones for the demonstration.

haha, pretty sure this was outputted from handset to an LG TV. Good eye though.
  • Like 2

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/at-t-inks-mark-wahlberg-to-plug-entertainment-offerings

"AT&T has hired Mark Wahlberg to plug its entertainment offerings in an exclusive deal reportedly worth more than $10 million."

"Wahlberg and the carrier will begin production this week on an ad campaign slated to launch in April focusing on AT&T’s entertainment offerings across screens. And the ads apparently will tout AT&T’s zero-rated data model, which allows wireless customers who are also DirecTV subscribers to view content without incurring data charges."

So if AT&T is getting Mark Wahlberg as a spokesman... maybe we'll get Lily! :-)

http://i.imgur.com/6c6kxo3

Rootmetrics released a new batch of results today, and I noticed something major in Atlanta is happening with Sprint.

"

• Sprint’s median download speed increased from 18.3 Mbps to 33.9 Mbps since our previous round of testing.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/atlanta-ga/2017/1H

Seems their network is getting very dense over there, and I would like for any members that live in the ATL regarding their experiences.

• Like 13

For those of you who missed it, the Top 40 list (Honored Premier list) was updated the other day. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5714-announcinghonored-premier-sponsor/?p=501756

Thank you all who support S4GRU.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 6

Sprint Zone is now My Sprint, update for iOS being reported on r/Sprint.

Changing the App name made good sense.

The new design is well done too. The "report an issue" feature now has Google Maps integration.

I'm hoping the website receives similar usability improvements. For example, the Coverage Map should be Google Maps based.

• Like 1

On a side note, I always thought a while back that if Sprint were to rename itself, that Spectrum would be a perfect name, butl TWC took it.  

Charter was the one that first started using Spectrum, not TWC. I also have plenty of mail from Charter over the last few months stating "Time Warner is now Spectrum" on the outside of the envelope.

Charter was the one that first started using Spectrum, not TWC. I also have plenty of mail from Charter over the last few months stating "Time Warner is now Spectrum" on the outside of the envelope.

There would be a problem with doing this....

Executives would wind up saying: "Spectrum has the most spectrum of all national carriers", etc. ;-)

no voicemail access or at least on iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Coverage Map either. Sprint had a link to a mobile coverage map in a prior version of Sprint Zone.

Still a bit behind the times. Should allow you to use touchID vs typing in password each time.

agreed, thats very annoying!!!!

Still a bit behind the times. Should allow you to use touchID vs typing in password each time.

Fingerprint authentication is coming for both Android and iOS versions of the new app.

• Like 5