Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I believe it's what you do to spruce it up before a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I wanted to have a redesigned Sprint website to keep pace with the competition, this wasn't what I had in mind... Not even close.

At this point, it appears to be such spaghetti code, they'd be better off removing the new style layer entirely and using the old interface for everything again. Although it was clearly dated in appearance, at least it looked consistent and worked better.

• Like 1

Some good news...

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/03/sprint-shows-off-gigabit-lte-unannounced-motorola-device.html

In New Orleans, Sprint along with Qualcomm and Motorola, showed off Gigabit-Class LTE, on a brand new Motorola device that will be out in the near future. Motorola wouldn’t state what the device was, or any specs about it, in fact it’s in a case and covered with tape, so it can conceal its identity until they are ready to announce the new smartphone. We do know that the device is running on the Snapdragon 835, and using the X16 LTE Modem from Qualcomm, which is what gives this smartphone Gigabit LTE speeds.

According to Sprint, Gigabit LTE uses a variety of technology to produce some massive speeds. It uses three-channel carrier aggregation which is available in over 100 markets right now, and Sprint will be bringing it to many more before the end of the year. Additionally, they are using 60MHz of their 2.5GHz spectrum along with 4×4 MIMO and 256-QAM, which gives them Category 16 LTE speeds on an existing TDD Network. Now technically, this isn’t Gigabit LTE since, it doesn’t hit over 1Gbps in speed most of the time, also the Ookla Speedtest.net app they are using to test the speeds can’t really handle speeds this fast. But we were able to get a multiple speed tests of over 100Mbps, and a few over 600Mbps and some as high as 800Mbps, which is pretty impressive for a mobile device.

• Like 10

How interesting that they chose to demo 4x4 MIMO in a market where they abandoned over half of their 8T8R install permits over the last 2-3 years and are now only installing 2T2R mini macros (which, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't capable of 4x4 MIMO).

• Like 3

Some good news...

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/03/sprint-shows-off-gigabit-lte-unannounced-motorola-device.html

In New Orleans, Sprint along with Qualcomm and Motorola, showed off Gigabit-Class LTE, on a brand new Motorola device that will be out in the near future. Motorola wouldn’t state what the device was, or any specs about it, in fact it’s in a case and covered with tape, so it can conceal its identity until they are ready to announce the new smartphone. We do know that the device is running on the Snapdragon 835, and using the X16 LTE Modem from Qualcomm, which is what gives this smartphone Gigabit LTE speeds.

According to Sprint, Gigabit LTE uses a variety of technology to produce some massive speeds. It uses three-channel carrier aggregation which is available in over 100 markets right now, and Sprint will be bringing it to many more before the end of the year. Additionally, they are using 60MHz of their 2.5GHz spectrum along with 4×4 MIMO and 256-QAM, which gives them Category 16 LTE speeds on an existing TDD Network. Now technically, this isn’t Gigabit LTE since, it doesn’t hit over 1Gbps in speed most of the time, also the Ookla Speedtest.net app they are using to test the speeds can’t really handle speeds this fast. But we were able to get a multiple speed tests of over 100Mbps, and a few over 600Mbps and some as high as 800Mbps, which is pretty impressive for a mobile device.

I really hope they do something with the upload speeds though lol

How interesting that they chose to demo 4x4 MIMO in a market where they abandoned over half of their 8T8R install permits over the last 2-3 years and are now only installing 2T2R mini macros (which, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't capable of 4x4 MIMO).

Or 3xCA I believe

Welcome to S4GRU minus 4GR. SU aka SprintUsers.

Thanks, everyone, for switching to other providers but sticking around to run yet another forum down into the ground.

AJ

"Smithers, release the hounds!"

We've had to moderate heavier at times in the past, and that's what we're going to do again.  Starting now.

Robert

• Like 14

Some important developments on the RadioShack front: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprint-agreement-with-radioshack-will-result-in-new-corporate-owned-stores.htm

"We evaluated the performance and location of Sprint-RadioShack stores and reached an agreement with General Wireless Operations to convert several hundred doors into Sprint corporate-owned stores. We will redeploy to other Sprint stores assets such as signage, displays and inventory currently at RadioShack locations which are closing."

"I’m happy to report that we will provide opportunities for all Sprint employees working at Sprint-RadioShack locations to transition to another Sprint store."

• Like 6

Some important developments on the RadioShack front: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprint-agreement-with-radioshack-will-result-in-new-corporate-owned-stores.htm

"We evaluated the performance and location of Sprint-RadioShack stores and reached an agreement with General Wireless Operations to convert several hundred doors into Sprint corporate-owned stores. We will redeploy to other Sprint stores assets such as signage, displays and inventory currently at RadioShack locations which are closing."

"I’m happy to report that we will provide opportunities for all Sprint employees working at Sprint-RadioShack locations to transition to another Sprint store."

Good job on Sprint's part for keeping all of their Sprint employees at these locations from losing their jobs and having the foresight to protect themselves in the case of another bankruptcy.

• Like 4

Thx for posting. It's refreshing to see a company take those steps to protect the employees. Kudos.

• Like 3

I was there for launch of Sprint @ RS and they promised us this even back then that they owned some leases and that if RS failex those leases would possibly be converted.

The last 2 years have been interesting but im glad to.be done with RS. After seeing their inner workings and how they operate i can honestly say im suprised it took this long.

Examples

They micro manage and require constant POP refreshes and want multiple pics to critique til its perfect.

They treat and pay their staff terribly and thats why no one with any common sense works there.

If the website has it and the store doesnt the store cant order it.

They dont take care of their facilities. Our sign out by the road blew out and shattered a year ago and i still empty.

*im pretty sure this is illegal*

Last week they raised all prices 20% before this clearence sale started. They litterally replaced every tag in the store and it tool 8 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

"Smithers, release the hounds!"

We've had to moderate heavier at times in the past, and that's what we're going to do again. Starting now.

Robert

Over all I have faith sprint will still be around for a very long time...just like any other carrier they are going through growing pains like t mobile went through as it got to the point it has gotten today...I have seen some coverage improvement on my block which may make me want to go back to sprint eventually.. This website has been instrumental in teaching me and educating me on the wireless industry and I m grateful for all of those that have teached me and corrected me when I was wrong....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm still rooting for Sprint, but I don't hold any brand loyalty. T-Mobile had a better deal than what I had at Sprint with a nearly full Framily, so I took them up on it. If Sprint does something similar in the future, I'll do the same. If AT&T or Verizon had the better deal, I would have gone with them.

• Like 1

*jaw drops*

VoLTE / VoWiFI

256 QAM / 64 QAM DL/UL

4xCA DL / 2xCA UL B41

4x4 MIMO

HPUE

Looks like S8 eh?

• Like 1

*jaw drops*

VoLTE / VoWiFI

256 QAM / 64 QAM DL/UL

4xCA DL / 2xCA UL B41

4x4 MIMO

HPUE

What is this being connected to?

So let me follow up on my earlier post complaining about my Sprint service in Walterboro, SC with a post about my service in Naples, FL.

Here in Naples, this is what cell phone service is supposed to look like.  I spend most of my time on Band 41, and I've only dropped to 1X when I'm in the Everglades where all the carriers suffer, or when the phone is in my pocket--pulling it out and toggling Airplane Mode brings back LTE no sweat (and if I let it linger on 1X/eHRPD, it's perfectly usable).  Service has been just fine for doing the things I typically do with my phone.  In my hotel room, I'm usually on Band 25; where it's sitting right now, next to my computer which probably makes reception harder, I'm getting -108 dBm on Band 26.  I've tried my phone in every eatery, store, and other destination I've been to here and service has been ubiquitous.

So Sprint is obviously capable of building a good network.  They've done so here.  My guess is that optimization has been done here and in full, and it really shows.  It also helps that most or all sites have B41 and there aren't lingering 3G-only sites here.  (Except, again, in the Everglades, where I came across a single site where Sprint is still non-NV, AT&T is still HSPA-only, and Verizon has B13 only, probably at great expense.)

- Trip

• Like 10

So let me follow up on my earlier post complaining about my Sprint service in Walterboro, SC with a post about my service in Naples, FL.

Here in Naples, this is what cell phone service is supposed to look like. I spend most of my time on Band 41, and I've only dropped to 1X when I'm in the Everglades where all the carriers suffer, or when the phone is in my pocket--pulling it out and toggling Airplane Mode brings back LTE no sweat (and if I let it linger on 1X/eHRPD, it's perfectly usable). Service has been just fine for doing the things I typically do with my phone. In my hotel room, I'm usually on Band 25; where it's sitting right now, next to my computer which probably makes reception harder, I'm getting -108 dBm on Band 26. I've tried my phone in every eatery, store, and other destination I've been to here and service has been ubiquitous.

So Sprint is obviously capable of building a good network. They've done so here. My guess is that optimization has been done here and in full, and it really shows. It also helps that most or all sites have B41 and there aren't lingering 3G-only sites here. (Except, again, in the Everglades, where I came across a single site where Sprint is still non-NV, AT&T is still HSPA-only, and Verizon has B13 only, probably at great expense.)

- Trip

Great report! When can we expect Sprint to upgrade the last of its 3G sites... or will there be 3G sites that are never upgraded? What happens to those?

Here in Naples, this is what cell phone service is supposed to look like. I spend most of my time on Band 41, and I've only dropped to 1X when I'm in the Everglades where all the carriers suffer, or when the phone is in my pocket--pulling it out and toggling Airplane Mode brings back LTE no sweat (and if I let it linger on 1X/eHRPD, it's perfectly usable). Service has been just fine for doing the things I typically do with my phone. In my hotel room, I'm usually on Band 25; where it's sitting right now, next to my computer which probably makes reception harder, I'm getting -108 dBm on Band 26. I've tried my phone in every eatery, store, and other destination I've been to here and service has been ubiquitous.

So Sprint is obviously capable of building a good network. They've done so here. My guess is that optimization has been done here and in full, and it really shows. It also helps that most or all sites have B41 and there aren't lingering 3G-only sites here. (Except, again, in the Everglades, where I came across a single site where Sprint is still non-NV, AT&T is still HSPA-only, and Verizon has B13 only, probably at great expense.)

- Trip

That's awesome about Florida. Though I'm still not sure the user should have to jiggle airplane mode in order to reconnect to better service.

• Like 1

That's awesome about Florida. Though I'm still not sure the user should have to jiggle airplane mode in order to reconnect to better service.

If I give it a minute or two, it'll jump to LTE on its own.  I'm just not that patient.  :)

- Trip

• Like 5