Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

To be honest...someone needs to ask him "Then why is Sprint constantly in last place for LTE speed"??? I'm sick of hearing about Sprint's ultimate spectrum position, when they aren't deploying it!

Lmbo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where does it say "new customers only" I don't see it. I didn't see existing customers in vzw. My point is until someone calls and gets denied we don't know.

I called for the hell of it too see if I could be offered this plan, guess what, nope I am an existing customer... :(

Best thing they could offer me was unlimited freedom @ $100.00 using autopay, with 5GB hotspot per line and the SD 480p video streaming etc...nope.

• Like 5

Read the fine print, "Savings until 3/31/18; then $60/mo. for line 1, $40 for line 2 and $30/mo. lines 3-4. Streams video at up to HD 1080p, music at up to 1.5mbps, gaming at up to 8mbps. Data deprioritization during congestion. MHS, P2P and VPN reduced to 2G speeds after 10GB/mo. Pricing shown with AutoPay discount applied w/i 2 invoices. Req. new acct. Other monthly charges apply**

https://www.sprint.com/landings/unlimited-cell-phone-plans/index.html?ECID=vanity:unlimited

Bam!

I didn't see that on what I read, it wasn't part of the fine print.

However I did call to cancel... stay tuned

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-invites-trainers-to-nationwide-lure-a-thon-to-celebrate-the-launch-of-new-features-and-over-80-more-pokmon-in-pokmon-go.htm

Totally out of touch...

This doesn't make the network better.

No one has said to me that they're switching to Sprint because of Pokémon.

• Like 6

I play pokemon go when I can and I dont care about this at all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint could address this so easily by just making the post promo pricing for Unlimited Freedom available to all customers:

Line 1: $60/month

Line 2: $40/month

Lines 3-10: $30/month

Include HD Streaming and 10 GB of Tethering.

I hope Sprint gets the message before too many loyal customers leave...

• Like 4

Sprint could address this so easily by just making the post promo pricing for Unlimited Freedom available to all customers:

Line 1: $60/month

Line 2: $40/month

Lines 3-10: $30/month

Include HD Streaming and 10 GB of Tethering.

I hope Sprint gets the message before too many loyal customers leave...

I completely agree with this.  I'd switch to that plan and be happy.  :-)

• Like 2

Its great that Sprint finally decided to match Tmobile's and Verizon's offer of the 10 GB of high speed hotspot tether and HD video streaming by default.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-launches-best-unlimited-hd-plan-ever.htm

However there are still 2 issues which still do not solve Sprint's problem.

1) Are the folks who signed up for the 5 lines/$90 promo before Fri, 2/17 going to get an automatic upgrades to the HD video streaming and increased high speed hotspot tether from 5 GB --> 10 GB?  

Its not clear from the press release if this is true.  Hopefully Sprint is smart enough to automatically upgrade all Freedom Unlimited customers since the introduction of this plan to the HD video streaming and 10 GB hotspot tether beginning Fri, 2/17.

2) The 5 lines/$90 promo is NOT available to current customers.  I still see a ton of Sprint customers porting out to other carriers simply because of no offers being given to loyal customers.  Need to make this offer available to all customers so they can simplify their billing system and give them a reason to want to sign up for the Freedom Unlimited plan.  Hell Sprint can even make it a limited offer starting Friday, 2/17 where for a limited time current customers can take advantage of this same offer as new customers to just stop the initial port out bleeding.

• Like 4

Massive MIMO will not necessarily improve aggregate bandwidth at the device (you're still running 4x2 or 4x4 MIMO). But it helps with more precise beam forming and is great help at the cell's edge.

But it will help with capacity. Meaning higher average speeds alot of people complain about capacity limited speeds.
  • Like 1

Its great that Sprint finally decided to match Tmobile's and Verizon's offer of the 10 GB of high speed hotspot tether and HD video streaming by default.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-launches-best-unlimited-hd-plan-ever.htm

1) Are the folks who signed up for the 5 lines/$90 promo before Fri, 2/17 going to get an automatic upgrades to the HD video streaming and increased high speed hotspot tether from 5 GB --> 10 GB?  

Its not clear from the press release if this is true.  Hopefully Sprint is smart enough to automatically upgrade all Freedom Unlimited customers since the introduction of this plan to the HD video streaming and 10 GB hotspot tether beginning Fri, 2/17.

2) The 5 lines/$90 promo is NOT available to current customers.  I still see a ton of Sprint customers porting out to other carriers simply because of no offers being given to loyal customers.  Need to make this offer available to all customers so they can simplify their billing system and give them a reason to want to sign up for the Freedom Unlimited plan.  Hell Sprint can even make it a limited offer starting Friday, 2/17 where for a limited time current customers can take advantage of this same offer as new customers to just stop the initial port out bleeding.

Fine print difference on the tethering!! Sprint drops you down to 2G after the 10GB allotment whereas Verizon and T-Mobile drop you to 3G leaving the hotspot service somewhat usable.

I like how there is an Eligibility row on that chart (attempting to show how the other guys "stack up") where they slap existing customers in the face with "Pricing shown is available to new accounts." AT&T's DirecTV/U-Verse requirement excludes both existing and new customers equally making Sprint the only carrier explicitly excluding current customers

Edited to add link to chart accessed via quoted link: http://sprint.com/unlimited

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 2

Sprint can make it through this is if Verizon's network implodes from all the ports in.

Of course, there's an upside for Sprint customers to having other Sprint customers leave... more spectrum per customer and less congestion.

Sorry... trying to find some humor in this. It's depressing to see this happen.

• Like 3

And there goes AT&T: http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_access_to_unlimited_data.html

The new AT&T Unlimited Plan will include unlimited talk, text and data on 4 lines for $180.* Business customers can also take advantage of their additional corporate discount.

No DirecTV required.

• Like 1

And there goes AT&T: http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_access_to_unlimited_data.html

The new AT&T Unlimited Plan will include unlimited talk, text and data on 4 lines for $180.* Business customers can also take advantage of their additional corporate discount.

No DirecTV required.

And the return of unlimited is official folks! Only bad thing is unlimited data was Sprints main thing but if all carriers have it with bigger networks I can see alot of ports happening soon in areas where Sprint is not cutting it.

• Like 5

AT&T just removed the need to have DirecTV or UVerse for unlimited and matched Verizon's price. They still do not give mobile hotspot though. http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/02/16/t-goes-unlimited-wireless-battle-rages/97965092/

So $180/month for 4 Lines vs $160/month for Unlimited Freedom or $240/month for Unlimited Freedom Premium (HD) at existing prices for current customers.

• Like 1

And the return of unlimited is official folks! Only bad thing is unlimited data was Sprints main thing but if all carriers have it with bigger networks I can see alot of ports happening soon in areas where Sprint is not cutting it.

AT&T smelled blood in the water with Sprint, but they are also losing customers to T-Mobile.

• Like 1

Sad that Sprint is the only carrier making these bonuses new customer only.

All they really need to do is make Premium Streaming free for everyone. I don't need the extra 5GB of Hotspot, but I hate the throttling of video and audio streaming. If they have so much spectrum, it shouldn't be an issue to remove this restriction.

Edited by spotmeterf64
  • Like 3

Its not clear from the press release if this is true. Hopefully Sprint is smart enough to automatically upgrade all Freedom Unlimited customers since the introduction of this plan to the HD video streaming and 10 GB hotspot tether beginning Fri, 2/17.

2) The 5 lines/$90 promo is NOT available to current customers. I still see a ton of Sprint customers porting out to other carriers simply because of no offers being given to loyal customers. Need to make this offer available to all customers so they can simplify their billing system and give them a reason to want to sign up for the Freedom Unlimited plan. Hell Sprint can even make it a limited offer starting Friday, 2/17 where for a limited time current customers can take advantage of this same offer as new customers to just stop the initial port out bleeding.

I ported in from Vzw on Jan 20th

Just called to ask about the free HD and 10gb and if I added a 3rd line would it be "free". They said no since I'm now an existing account. She was willing to submit a request to back office team to waive the 3rd line fee - but that was all.

Not to get folks mad at me here for posting again. But it's tempting to go back to vzw or even ATT -- to me sprint's only draw was unlimited data.

• Like 5

I ported in from Vzw on Jan 20th

Just called to ask about the free HD and 10gb and if I added a 3rd line would it be "free". They said no since I'm now an existing account. She was willing to submit a request to back office team to waive the 3rd line fee - but that was all.

Not to get folks mad at me here for posting again. But it's tempting to go back to vzw or even ATT -- to me sprint's only draw was unlimited data.

This is good information.  There is nothing to be afraid about because this helps the community here to understand what to expect if they are an existing Freedom Unlimited customer.  It is such a shame that Sprint is so blind in trying to acquire new customers that it forgets about trying to retain its current customers.

• Like 5