Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I agree.

Nothing beyond Loyalty Credits as far as I know... or having them switch to Unlimited Freedom at current prices.

That still a big thing. I heard the discounts they got on devices were pretty big, like $10 or $15 monthly. Of course, carriers are indeed moving away from discounts on devices. Yet, this is what has kept many loyal to Sprint, in exchange for patience with network issues, or a general lesser network experience compared with rival carriers. Then to add more to this, loyal customers not getting the option to switch to promo deals, whether or not they are better than what they have with ED1500. Its the lack of choice within Sprint that is driving these customers to consider the one choice out of Sprint they do have; switching to another carrier.

Always thought Comcast covered the almost the whole country. Learn something new everyday

Much like Verizon is doing in Boston, Comcast could use it's regional fiber networks to expedite small cells in those areas. While 99% of Comcast customers do not have Fiber to the home, I do believe their network is fiber to the node.

• Like 2

That still a big thing. I heard the discounts they got on devices were pretty big, like $10 or $15 monthly. Of course, carriers are indeed moving away from discounts on devices. Yet, this is what has kept many loyal to Sprint, in exchange for patience with network issues, or a general lesser network experience compared with rival carriers. Then to add more to this, loyal customers not getting the option to switch to promo deals, whether or not they are better than what they have with ED1500. Its the lack of choice within Sprint that is driving these customers to consider the one choice out of Sprint they do have; switching to another carrier.

The Loyalty Credits aren't enough...

5 Lines on Verizon Unlimited with 10 GB Hotspot per line: $200/month with AutoPay

5 lines on Sprint ED1500:

Line 1: $110/month + $10 Premium Data

Lines 2-5: $19.99/month + 10 Premium Data

No Hotspot.

$239.96/month.

So now assume you get 5 Loyalty Credits, that drops the price to $189.96/month...

That's a difference of $2/month per person on 5 lines.

• Like 1

The Loyalty Credits aren't enough...

5 Lines on Verizon Unlimited with 10 GB Hotspot per line: $200/month with AutoPay

5 lines on Sprint ED1500:

Line 1: $110/month + $10 Premium Data

Lines 2-5: $19.99/month + 10 Premium Data

No Hotspot.

$239.96/month.

So now assume you get 5 Loyalty Credits, that drops the price to $189.96/month...

That's a difference of $2/month per person on 5 lines.

Yet without loyalty credits, the rate is $239.96, correct? That would be nearly $40 more per month  than what Verizon is. In that case, I can see why loyal ED1500 Sprint subscribers would consider switching away from Sprint.

• Like 2

Yet without loyalty credits, the rate is $239.96, correct? That would be nearly $40 more per month  than what Verizon is. In that case, I can see why loyal ED1500 Sprint subscribers would consider switching away from Sprint.

Exactly.

• Like 3

Much like Verizon is doing in Boston, Comcast could use it's regional fiber networks to expedite small cells in those areas. While 99% of Comcast customers do not have Fiber to the home, I do believe their network is fiber to the node.

Comcast is installing fiber in Nashville currently to keep customers from jumping to Google Fiber, which is also being installed in the city.  Comcast did offer to connect a fiber line from my home to the pole for a fairly large fee.  Only problem, the line that goes past my home is still coax including the lines inside my home.  No reason to spend the extra money. 

Comcast is installing fiber in Nashville currently to keep customers from jumping to Google Fiber, which is also being installed in the city.  Comcast did offer to connect a fiber line from my home to the pole for a fairly large fee.  Only problem, the line that goes past my home is still coax including the lines inside my home.  No reason to spend the extra money. 

Even with fiber to the door, everything inside the home runs on coax. FiOS installs the optical network terminal on the outside of the house or inside an apartment. From that point on everything is either coax or ethernet. It is still much better that coax from a headend unit, especially if you are far away from the headend unit. 

• Like 1

Marcelo is talking Pokémon...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/831969686908727296

I don't know what it's going to take for him to take action. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Its like soccer and his love of Bolivar. Its nice to have hobbies and love your nationality, but what about your job, Marcelo? What about your pride in the fact your being paid millions to do a job your clearly not doing very well, when there are hundreds of customers posting on Facebook, Reddit, etc., saying they are leaving Sprint, which has become a daily ritual among Sprint customers.

• Like 1

I don't know what it's going to take for him to take action. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Oh, and I'm sure Sprint customers would much prefer some Pokemon toys, to having a more dense band 41 network.

• Like 1

Its like soccer and his love of Bolivar. Its nice to have hobbies and love your nationality, but what about your job, Marcelo? What about your pride in the fact your being paid millions to do a job your clearly not doing very well, when there are hundreds of customers posting on Facebook, Reddit, etc., saying they are leaving Sprint, which has become a daily ritual among Sprint customers.

I miss Hesse.

• Like 8

Arysyn, you love to give out your ideas on pricing but there's one thing you and the other companies still love to do...that's charge premiums for extras. If Sprint truly wants to combat T-Mobile, then play them at their own game. Sprint has flirted around with several different pricing schemes for the last few years, all while merely doing their best to stay afloat. If there is one thing Sprint does well, it's be the cheaper entity to help drive people in while locking them into a contract (previously by plan, now by phone lease) enabling them to obtain funds to later use to better their network. Here's my idea on pricing. Simply advertise the autopay prices as the rates, since that seems to be the new fad, and voila you've got new plan rates that are not just promotional and offer the top service competitively. Enabling this for new and existing customers helps retain customers as well as drive them in.

Another offer Sprint could do is introduce a Loyalty Credit of 10% for 5 years and 15% for 10+. This not only gives new customers an incentive to stick around for a while, but rewards those that have already stuck around through the dark ages of Sprint. Even do a commercial themed around looking back at the past years and the road they've traveled to the present promoting where they currently are at and all of the achievements they've made (showing off all the Nelson testing results which favor Sprint) and own up to their mistakes in an effort to move forward. Just as T-Mobile was smart to appeal to the incoming millennial generation, Sprint too needs to focus on the incoming generation. Make Sprint look human and appeal to their empathetic side while keeping the prices down to appease the more penny-pinching older generations.

Sprint's New Plan Pricing.JPG

• Like 2

I miss Hesse.

You know what I do too, I liked Marcelo in the beginning because he was a breath of fresh air however Hesse had a plan for Sprint. He made NV happen, and wanted to add 2.5 to every cell site.

Don't get me wrong Marcelo is cool, but I feel he's Masa's lap dog.

• Like 8

You know what I do too, I liked Marcelo in the beginning because he was a breath of fresh air however Hesse had a plan for Sprint. He made NV happen, and wanted to add 2.5 to every cell site.

I had high hopes for Marcelo too, but now I think that he's out of touch with what current Sprint customers are looking for.

• Like 2

Could it possibly be that his hands are being tied by Masa and told not to do anything yet, or on the flip side, already has a plan but is running it through Masa for approval. Granted, either way, if he waits too long or doesn't do anything, certain customers won't wait.

edit..

From the Sprint Subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/5uaxke/sprints_response_to_the_competition/

Hopefully something comes out for current customers.

Well look at that, I spoke too soon, seems the Resistance does have some pull. lol

TS out

• Like 3

Man I remember when he said that. He did have a plan to get Sprint network together in some form. I wonder how things would have been if he was able to get 2.5 on every cell site. Man having 2.5 on a highway would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Man I remember when he said that. He did have a plan to get Sprint network together in some form. I wonder how things would have been if he was able to get 2.5 on every cell site. Man having 2.5 on a highway would be amazing.

Adding 2.5 to every site isn't going to fix the problems I have with Sprint. They need to add a lot more sites to do that.

• Like 5

Adding 2.5 to every site isn't going to fix the problems I have with Sprint. They need to add a lot more sites to do that.

From a 2013 post

"Sprint disclosed in July that it plans to deploy Clearwire's 2.5 GHz spectrum using TD-LTE on all 38,000 of its planned Network Vision cell sites in a nationwide rollout. And, due to the weaker propagation characteristics of 2.5 GHz, Sprint will also deploy small cells and other sites beyond the 38,000 Network Vision sites. Previously, Sprint had said it would use Clearwire's spectrum as a "hotspot" LTE network to offload traffic in urban markets."

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-plans-to-use-2-5-ghz-spectrum-to-catch-up-to-verizon-at-t-lte

• Like 3

From a 2013 post

"Sprint disclosed in July that it plans to deploy Clearwire's 2.5 GHz spectrum using TD-LTE on all 38,000 of its planned Network Vision cell sites in a nationwide rollout. And, due to the weaker propagation characteristics of 2.5 GHz, Sprint will also deploy small cells and other sites beyond the 38,000 Network Vision sites. Previously, Sprint had said it would use Clearwire's spectrum as a "hotspot" LTE network to offload traffic in urban markets."

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-plans-to-use-2-5-ghz-spectrum-to-catch-up-to-verizon-at-t-lte

Plans have most definitely changed.

• Like 2

Plans have most definitely changed.

To what? I was hoping the "surgical" thing was just temporary and that they still were planning to put 2.5 on most every site, medium term. At this point from where we began, I would call this medium or even long term. I guess my hopes have been sufficiently dashed.
  • Like 1