Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Why?

The reason I think he is saying Son is smiling right now is this could give him and others a stronger reason for T-Mobile and Sprint to merge. If Verizon keeps this up and Sprint or T-Mobile don't react right I think it could really hurt them.

• Like 2

The reason I think he is saying Son is smiling right now is this could give him and others a stronger reason for T-Mobile and Sprint to merge. If Verizon keeps this up and Sprint or T-Mobile don't react right I think it could really hurt them.

Crap I forgot I made that comment but yes that is correct. It just makes things I guess easier for him...possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were probably both watching the Grammy's and saw it for the first time.

John was on a plane to SF yesterday: https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/830917117847314433

Perhaps John learned about this via GoGo Inflight Internet.

Last thing that John Tweeted about was Adult Swaddling in Tokyo: https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/831212395573895168

He just doesn't get it.

As for Marcelo, he acknowledged Verizon's move... but made no announcement of a response.

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/830977056682999808

Otherwise, his most recent tweet was about NBA Basketball:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/831146161444679680

I don't think it is a matter of them not getting, I think it is a matter of them being caught flat footed. I don't think anyone saw this coming, I mean it was leaked on Sunday and announced on Monday. I don't even remembering hearing about any kind of test markets for this. I don't think anyone thought VZW would be this aggressive. I am sure ATT did not.

This has really put the whole industry on the back foot.

• Like 2

AT&T has burned through metric tons of capital to buy out DirecTV, Iucasell, Nextel Mexico, and Time Warner. They're running a whole boatload of debt right now. Then you have the fact the Feds turned this merger down once.

See why people say you are being unrealistic on here?

I don't really have a problem with people disagreeing with me, even on this subject. Actually, most people who've responded to me lately, even in disagreement, have been polite. So, I'm certainly not upset at them for any reason.

I can understand, and I do understand these reasons against there being another merger attempt by AT&T for T-Mobile. I'd kinda hope the idea itself would have more support though, as it would put Sprint back on track to deployment upgrades, rather than spending billions on T-Mobile that would lead to years of added frustration for Sprint customers as Sprint migrates to the T-Mobile network.

Seeing that most people here like their Sprint service, or like me just want Sprint to do well on its own, AT&T stepping in to make a counter offer almost certainly would relieve those worries of Sprint, as AT&T has the better chance, granted if the issues you mentioned end up not being a strong enough deterrence to this happening. Although, your points are valid, and its possible AT&T won't try again for T-Mobile. I don't think they will, unless Sprint tries first, at least. Sprint buying T-Mobile presents a big enough threat to AT&T, so if it comes to that, we'll see...

Sprint needs more tower sites in more places. Putting 2.5GHz and 3CA on the existing footprint only goes so far. HPUE looks good as demoed, but without good pricing to match, it may not be enough.

Absolutely right on about Sprint!

This is something I heavily agree with the majority here wanting Sprint to focus on deployments. Granted, I don't currently have Sprint and when I did, it was a negative experience when I was connected to PCS, but a very positive one when it was band 41 I was connected to, this being just prior to carrier aggregation being available. In rush hour traffic in areas where T-Mobile was getting just around 3mbps or less, whereas on Sprint band 41, 15mbps and higher. This not being light congestion either, but very very busy rush hour traffic that ought to have had plenty of Sprint customers on towers at that point.

That wasn't the only time I noticed great band 41 signal, but certainly the most memorable for me. I fully believe if Sprint were to get band 41 on all its towers, that would be a great start for it to be on its way to improvement, where Sprint wouldn't even need to lower its price to attract new customers, nor would Sprint need the audio/video speed caps it has, which I imagine its there because Sprint doesn't have the great network many people here, including me, expected it to have by now.

The reason I believe Sprint is still in the position its in, is because no one truly caring for Sprint is running Sprint right now. They only want Sprint/T-Mobile. Masayoshi Son even admitted wanting to sell Sprint when he realized he couldn't get both past the former FCC. Now, he's waiting for the moment to try again. Meanwhile, network development capex keeps shrinking. It is very disappointing.

From John Legere's latest tweet, "and, like only the #uncarrier can do – we’re one-upping it..."

Does this mean 5 lines for the same price as Verizon's 4 lines, going to be interesting to watch this all play out. Marcelo and Sprint waiting to go last and better both offers maybe?

• Like 1

From John Legere's latest tweet, "and, like only the #uncarrier can do – we’re one-upping it..."

Does this mean 5 lines for the same price as Verizon's 4 lines, going to be interesting to watch this all play out. Marcelo and Sprint waiting to go last and better both offers maybe?

I gotta hand it to T-Mobile. They are always quick to respond. I will say this is first time they've responded to anything Verizon has done. These are going to be a amazing next few months. Welcome back unlimited!

• Like 5

I gotta hand it to T-Mobile. They are always quick to respond. I will say this is first time they've responded to anything Verizon has done. These are going to be a amazing next few months. Welcome back unlimited!

Marcelo and Team need to be on this as well and counter the momentum of Verizon's move before it builds. Hope we hear something from him soon.

• Like 1

Legere has just started to respond on Twitter.

Update: https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/831239592820871169

6/ Starting Fri, #TMobileONE price includes HD video & 10GB high-speed ????hotspot data –all at no extra charge. AND taxes & fees are included!

Gotta match this Marcelo...

• Like 2

6/ Starting Fri, #TMobileONE price includes HD video & 10GB high-speed hotspot data –all at no extra charge. AND taxes & fees are included!

People on his Twitter already are starting to question, when Legere says "HD" does he mean 720p or 1080p?

If Sprint were to offer two lines for $90 monthly without speed caps, that would be just around the $45 monthly per line I've been suggesting on S4GRU for some time now. It is how it ought to be from one line up. However, it still wouldn't be a bad deal to offer it at $60 plus $30, as $60 for the first line isn't bad/unreasonable to make an unfair advantage for customers with multiple lines.

• Like 1

6/ Starting Fri, #TMobileONE price includes HD video & 10GB high-speed hotspot data –all at no extra charge. AND taxes & fees are included!

Also a promo of two lines for $100 on T-Mobile One. https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/831241370341761025

One question people are asking in the responses to his tweets is if you need to activate HD passes daily for the HD video or if it'll be automatic. Good question, but I haven't seen him answer it yet.

• Like 2

Also a promo of two lines for $100 on T-Mobile One. https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/831241370341761025

One question people are asking in the responses to his tweets is do you need to activate HD passes daily for the HD video or if it''ll be automotic. Good question, but I haven't seen him answer it yet.

Marcelo can't simply fall back on 5 lines with mobile optimized audio/video until 3/31/2018 since it's for new customers only.

The pricing of Unlimited Freedom Premium has to drop down and the regular Unlimited Freedom should be deprecated, with all plan customers upgraded.

I hope it happens.

One question people are asking in the responses to his tweets is if you need to activate HD passes daily for the HD video or if it''ll be automotic. Good question, but I haven't seen him answer it yet.

Very good question, one which T-Mobile ought to address by saying the pass activation is no more. This ought to be interesting how T-Mobile, possibly even Sprint will change its pricing structures between plan levels.

What Marcelo ought to do is introduce a no speed limit "basic" unlimited plan at $45 first line, $40 second line, $35 third line, $30 fourth line plan, congestion level it to 30gb before "possible throttling", and offer this as a replacement for all plans and customers. Offer it including unlimited 2g tethering, with upgrade to 3g tethering at $15 per line, and 4g tethering at $30 per line. That is what I'd introduce to Sprint, which even ought to satisfy the Everything Data and Framily customers.

International calling included with tethering upgrades.

I am sure its nice to respond with discount promotions, but the thing is Verizon got the network and Unlimited data for 80 dollars is a big deal.

Yes. And Sprint needs to offer the same at $60/month.

• Like 1

Marcelo needs to beat it for me not to consider the switch. I have lost most of my loyalty and patience waiting for upgrades here for over 10 years. Sitting here in my shop, roaming on Verizon unless I go outdoors for Spring 3G. LTE is very spotty and almost non existent still.

• Like 4

Marcelo needs to beat it for me not to consider the switch. I have lost most of my loyalty and patience waiting for upgrades here for over 10 years. Sitting here in my shop, roaming on Verizon unless I go outdoors for Spring 3G. LTE is very spotty and almost non existent still.

Could you imagine if Verizon offered to buy out contracts for a limited period in addition to this unlimited plan? #GameOver

• Like 1

My case is different. I have 3 lines on Framily but I need hotspot, faster speeds and especially VoLTE (Simultaneous talk and data) I dont really need the added coverage but I'll take it. Verizon has every tower in my city with band 2(10×10),band 4 (20×20) and 13(10×10). vs Sprint band 25(5×5), band 26(5x5), and one band 41(60mhz) 8t8r site in the whole county. There is no comparison in how much more Verizon is here.

Isn't that the same total MHz? Just vzw is more evenly spread out?

Also consider the reports of Sprint reducing its Capex spending this year on network improvements, which many people here have mentioned. Sprint may not get better in your area for some time, so if your considering switching to Verizon, perhaps you ought to do it.

I'm a big fan of AT&T and reside in the Chicago area, where AT&T is great at. My mother and I have the Unlimited Data plan for $140, including the two lines, but with a $30 discount with our membership in the Freelancers Union, then have a $70 monthly television service/45mbps internet bundle, that actually is $60 when considering further service discounts received. So, totalling around $170 monthly. I'm considering switching to Verizon on my line, which would be $80, then have my mother, who doesn't really need unlimited data, go to a $30 Cricket plan, which while at $110 for both equals our current rate for two lines of unlimited data, we could drop the $20 television service as part of the bundle, and just keep the 45mbps internet package.

However, I'll first wait to find out if AT&T will drop the television service requirement. If so, then I'll likely keep everything as is. Although, it is tempting to have service from both carriers, as a backup.

• Like 1

Also consider the reports of Sprint reducing its Capex spending this year on network improvements, which many people here have mentioned. 

Many people have mentioned this? That's a bit of a stretch. There has been speculation, but no one has said anything about actually reducing Capex this year, that was last year....

• Like 4

Many people have mentioned this? That's a bit of a stretch. There has been speculation, but no one has said anything about actually reducing Capex this year, that was last year....

Today would be a good day for Sprint to say that it's increasing it...