Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Not notifications in general, the Sprint specific notifications is what is suspicious to me.

Having looked at it again, that sure looks like a network engineer's phone. Besides the two sprint ones, it looks like a user ID notification and a Samsung diagnostic notification. So it might not be publicly accessible.

Having looked at it again, that sure looks like a network engineer's phone. Besides the two sprint ones, it looks like a user ID notification and a Samsung diagnostic notification. So it might not be publicly accessible.

That was what I was thinking, but wasn't sure on what those were.

Y'all.....we finally hit $8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now they need to just work on getting it up to what the competition has

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Marcelo gets a huge bonus now for stock at $8?

Anyways good for sprint!

I think it has to hold at or above $8 for a certain period of time I believe.

Cricket does not serve your point because, as you note, Cricket offers only one speed tier, capped at 8 Mbps, meaning 0-8 Mbps. There is no hypothetical Cricket Plus, capped at 20 Mbps for $15 extra. And that is smart thinking from AT&T. Here is why.

AT&T cannot deliver 8-20 Mbps that reliably. Higher tier speeds still would fall below the 8 Mbps threshold many times in many places. People would figure that out. Some would come to the realization that they actually never need 8-20 Mbps, that 0-8 Mbps is perfectly adequate for their usage. Others still would want the higher tier 8-20 Mbps speeds, but if AT&T frequently could not provide those speeds, why should they pay extra for Cricket Plus?

So, among both groups, many would opt to cut the $15 extra and drop back to the lower speed tier. Revenue would suffer. Yet, part of revenue generation in wireless service is selling people things that they think they need but do not really need or do not really use.

AJ

Simplicity at times is golden.

• Like 1

I think it has to hold at or above $8 for a certain period of time I believe.

Yep

The 10 million shares will only be earned "upon the achievement of specified volume-weighted average prices" of Sprint's common stock during regular trading on the New York Stock Exchange over any 150-calendar day period during a four-year period from June 1, 2015, through May 31, 2019. In order to earn 100 percent of the 10 million shares, the volume-weighted average price must be at least $8 during that period. If the volume-weighted average stock price during the period goes above $8, Claure could earn more stock, but no more than 120 percent of the original award.

Source - 

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-extends-claure-s-contract-until-2019-will-give-him-10m-shares-if-he-gets-stock-to-8

• Like 2

Sorry if this is a stupid question:

Would Sprint install small cell equipment in an industrial park when all of the surrounding sites are GMO 3g only?

I ask this because I live in an area of GMO sites and I only see 3g. Last week I went to my wife's office and noticed LTE. This location is between 4 sites and the nearest is 2 miles away. A few areas in the park have this usable LTE signal but it is no where else between these 4 cell sites. I used the app "Network Cell info" which shows the connection to an antenna that is almost next to her office.the RSRP is -108 RSSNR 13.6dB and RSRQ -8dB.

Is there any way to find the location to this cell site?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Would Sprint install small cell equipment in an industrial park when all of the surrounding sites are GMO 3g only?

I ask this because I live in an area of GMO sites and I only see 3g. Last week I went to my wife's office and noticed LTE. This location is between 4 sites and the nearest is 2 miles away. A few areas in the park have this usable LTE signal but it is no where else between these 4 cell sites. I used the app "Network Cell info" which shows the connection to an antenna that is almost next to her office.the RSRP is -108 RSSNR 13.6dB and RSRQ -8dB.

GMO sites can still do band 25 when LTE is added. Just not bands 26/41.

GMO sites can still do band 25 when LTE is added. Just not bands 26/41.

I am okay with that.

The part I am confused about is that I have no LTE heading in any direction towards a cell site. What would cause just a small location to have LTE almost dead center between 4 sites? 

I am okay with that.

The part I am confused about is that I have no LTE heading in any direction towards a cell site. What would cause just a small location to have LTE almost dead center between 4 sites?

It could all small cells are LTE only. Sprint needs all their remaining 3G only sites to get LTE asap.

Do you have GPS coordinates for where you were when this happened? Or an appropriate location?

Sent from my Pixel XL

Any word on how Sprint is planning to do 2T4R for band 26? Are they just planning to add an A2 module to the RRUS 11 B26A radios in Ericsson land, or is something new showing up in FCC docs yet?

I don't know what 2T4R is?

Do you have GPS coordinates for where you were when this happened? Or an appropriate location?

Sent from my Pixel XL

I have an exact address. I can PM if you would like.

I have an exact address. I can PM if you would like.

Looks like only 3 sites in a 5 mile radius of that address. None are small cells. You may have just temporarily latched onto another carrier's LTE signal, but it likely wasn't actually usable. My phone did it recently in a no service area with T-Mobile band 12.

5dd2dd5c1abaef9f2bf06a0fcb31e16c.jpg

I suppose it's also possible you connected to a much further away site, perhaps on a mountain top. I've seen B41 go 10+ miles line of sight from a mountain top before, using Clearwire equipment!

Looks like only 3 sites in a 5 mile radius of that address. None are small cells. You may have just temporarily latched onto another carrier's LTE signal, but it likely wasn't actually usable. My phone did it recently in a no service area with T-Mobile band 12.

I suppose it's also possible you connected to a much further away site, perhaps on a mountain top. I've seen B41 go 10+ miles line of sight from a mountain top before, using Clearwire equipment!

I am trying to post a screen shot but I am failing at it. I am connected to Sprint B25 according to Signal check and the LTE engineering screen.

I am trying to post a screen shot but I am failing at it. I am connected to Sprint B25 according to Signal check and the LTE engineering screen.

Is there a particular building you are near when you get signal? It's possible it's a DAS installation. Small cell is possible too, if you could find a point with a strong signal we might be able to get a better idea what's going on.

Is there a particular building you are near when you get signal? It's possible it's a DAS installation. Small cell is possible too, if you could find a point with a strong signal we might be able to get a better idea what's going on.

I will have to get there to check it out better. I am leaving for vacation on Friday so Wednesday or Thursday I will try to figure it out a little better. I know they have Verizon boosters all over the building as Verizon is the carrier of choice and service was terrible there. I was thinking maybe a roaming agreement or something but at this point I really have no clue.

I will have to get there to check it out better. I am leaving for vacation on Friday so Wednesday or Thursday I will try to figure it out a little better. I know they have Verizon boosters all over the building as Verizon is the carrier of choice and service was terrible there. I was thinking maybe a roaming agreement or something but at this point I really have no clue.

If they're passive boosters/amplifiers, it's possible it's also picking up and boosting Sprint's signal as well. Both Verizon and Sprint have spectrum in the 1900mhz range. Probably not likely, but possible I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel XL