Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yet. Right now devices ONLY support contiguous carrier aggregation. 

They'll need to implement non contiguous carrier aggregation to do so and that is likely to be late 2017+ as they need new UE hardware to implement such support. 

And this new hardware will have to deployed on every macro and smell cell site?

Whoops... Small Cells, not "Smell Cells"... Those will come later!  :D

And this new hardware will have to deployed on every macro and smell cell site?

No it's software for eNB (also B41 small cells don't support more than 2 carriers). 

You need support on phones, tablets, etc to support non contiguous carrier aggregation over Band 41. Could require new hardware or could even be latent support on the existing devices (see HTC 9 & LG G5) but as of now the devices don't support such a setup. 

• Like 2

Well looks like Verizon just flipped the switch on LTE-A in 450 cities today. This pretty much CA correct? I do like the silent approach they took with it not saying nothing about it and just randomly pop up with the news. This is pretty much the same approach Sprint is taking but we all know because it's Sprint it gets twisted in a bad way.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

Pretty decent list of locations. Not pooled together nor just major cities. Also I thought doing this was more difficult for ATT and Verizon since they have aging infrastructure?

Where as Sprint is supposed to be nimble

https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/lte-advanced/#cities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No it's software for eNB (also B41 small cells don't support more than 2 carriers). 

You need support on phones, tablets, etc to support non contiguous carrier aggregation over Band 41. Could require new hardware or could even be latent support on the existing devices (see HTC 9 & LG G5) but as of now the devices don't support such a setup. 

Thanks for the info on this. The device base makeup is a critical factor.

Given that small cells don't support more than 3 carriers, will Sprint have to add additional macro sites to provide enough 3 Carrier Coverage.

Pretty decent list of locations. Not pooled together nor just major cities. Also I thought doing this was more difficult for ATT and Verizon since they have aging infrastructure?

Where as Sprint is supposed to be nimble

https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/lte-advanced/#cities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verizon has done major equipment replacement work on their network. So I'm sure it's not difficult anymore for Verizon.

Key section from that:

Haberman said Verizon is currently offering two-channel carrier aggregation in the 461 cities covered in the announcement, and he said the operator will also offer three-channel carrier aggregation in locations where it has sufficient spectrum. He said Verizon’s two RAN network vendors, Nokia and Ericsson, are deploying the technology.

However, Haberman declined to say exactly how Verizon’s three-channel carrier aggregation footprint would compare with the carrier’s two-channel carrier aggregation footprint. He said the most common configuration for two-channel systems would combine a 10x10 MHz block of the carrier’s 700 MHz spectrum holdings with a 20x20 MHz block of its AWS spectrum holdings. He said that, if Verizon has the resources, it will also add a third carrier to that system, such as a 5x5 MHz block of its PCS spectrum holdings

This is where Sprint can shine. Sprint has holdings of more than 160MHz of 2.5GHz spectrum in the top 100 U.S. markets.

• Like 3

Right now Sprint has to play the role of under promise and over deliver until further notice. We as well as they (Sprint) knows what They have per market but right now it's just best to get the work done and then boast. Not the other way around.

• Like 3

Right now Sprint has to play the role of under promise and over deliver until further notice. We as well as they (Sprint) knows what They have per market but right now it's just best to get the work done and then boast. Not the other way around.

That's what they have been doing for the most part. Small cells go on line, customers get better service.

The tonnage on just the 50ish small cells lit up in NYC is incredible, never realized how much data passes through them.

• Like 3

Verizon has done major equipment replacement work on their network. So I'm sure it's not difficult anymore for Verizon.

Just quietly rip and replace LTE equipment, let the CDMA stuff continue to sit and rot.

Anyone else having issues with Sprint.com and or the Sprint Zone app? nothing is loading for me I am seeing a maintenance page and I need to pay a bill.

It's working fine for me. You could always dial *3 and pay by phone if the website isn't working for you.

travismheim, on 29 Aug 2016 - 8:28 PM, said:

It's working fine for me. You could always dial *3 and pay by phone if the website isn't working for you.

I need to schedule a payment, but regardless the app is not working and neither is the website it's saying maintenence and that it will be back up shortly, problem is it's been like this for a few hours now. I also try to login through the Sprint Zone app and it says "System not available" and or "Network not available", something is messed up here. Edited by BlueAngel

Anyone else having issues with Sprint.com and or the Sprint Zone app? nothing is loading for me I am seeing a maintenance page and I need to pay a bill.

Just tried. It's not working for me.

I need to schedule a payment, but regardless the app is not working and neither is the website it's saying maintenence and that it will be back up shortly, problem is it's been like this for a few hours now. I also try to login through the Sprint Zone app and it says "System not available" and or "Network not available", something is messed up here.

Perhaps you can call them?

Are you enrolled in AutoPay? I don't trust most websites to work properly anymore when I need them the most, and there have been a number of times that there have been outages for sites on which I would have bills due. So I've done everything I can do remove myself from the actual Payment Authorization process and ensure payments get made no matter what. I know what the billed amount is supposed to be, and I know it will automatically be charged on the due date to my credit card. If there's an issue with the charged amount, it's charged on a credit card, and I can take it up with Sprint and/or the credit card company before actually having it come out of my bank account. I've been doing AutoPay on all kinds of accounts for many years on credit cards, and there's never been a screwup of any kind.

Are you enrolled in AutoPay? I don't trust most websites to work properly anymore when I need them the most, so I do everything I can do remove myself from the actual Payment Authorization process. I know what the billed amount is supposed to be, and I know it will automatically be charged on the due date to my credit card. If there's an issue with the charged amount, it's charged on a credit card, and I can take it up with Sprint and/or the credit card company before actually having it come out of my bank account. I've been doing AutoPay on all kinds of accounts for many years on credit cards, and there's never been a screwup of any kind.

No I don't trust any company with my information, I pay manually online every month. Just being cautious lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No I don't trust any company with my information, I pay manually online every month. Just being cautious lol.

That's understandable, but they already have your online information from your prior payments. :-)

That's understandable, but they already have your online information from your prior payments. :-)

Yeah I know but I don't want them to have the ability to withdraw from my card without my permission, even though it wouldn't happen I don't like the idea. :)

• Like 2

Yeah I know but I don't want them to have the ability to withdraw from my card without my permission, even though it wouldn't happen I don't like the idea. :)

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo...

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Well, here you go, grandma...

200172695-001.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

I'm the same way.

I refuse to pay bills online using my Checking Account...any bills I pay online are paid via my Credit Card...and I pay my Credit Card bills by Check.

• Like 2

I'm the same way.

I refuse to pay bills online using my Checking Account...any bills I pay online are paid via my Credit Card...and I pay my Credit Card bills by Check.

I didn't realize people were so mistrustful. Everything I have is automatic, online. But I also have automatic alerts if something unexpected shows up. (different part of the country, large amount, overseas, etc.) None of that has ever happened.

• Like 5

It's cool that Chicago is the first for everything but they should switch things up lol.

Atlanta is Nokia's playground if you want to venture down there.

New Jersey used to be Alcatel-Lucents playground.

Chicago is Samsungs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 3