Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Just watching the Verizon commercials. They know how to get a point across. Funny how they have the Jamie foxxs considering sprint took the "can you hear me" guy.

But I guess the fact that they are even acknowledging sprint and Tmo counts for something

• Like 1

Do you have Uverse available there from AT&T?

So long as Uverse is available, it only starts at $20 monthly if you can get someone at AT&T to give U-basic. Plus, with bundling discounts, it doesn't cost much more than Sprint and T-Mobile. Besides the Freelancers Union discount I've mentioned, there is another discount membership called "Founders Card" that gives a discount too. 

Nope, this is New York City, home of Verizon and Time Warner Cable, with RCN sprinkled in.

• Like 3

NYC doesn't have U-Verse.

Deval, depending where you are you can get DirecTV. Maybe not in Manhattan, but I know for a fact in Brooklyn some apartments you can install the dish right by your balcony or by a window.

Eh, honestly I love Time Warner Cable. No outages, no issues, my port speed is north of what I'm paying for (220/20 on average).

Well looks like Verizon just flipped the switch on LTE-A in 450 cities today. This pretty much CA correct? I do like the silent approach they took with it not saying nothing about it and just randomly pop up with the news. This is pretty much the same approach Sprint is taking but we all know because it's Sprint it gets twisted in a bad way.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well looks like Verizon just flipped the switch on LTE-A in 450 cities today. This pretty much CA correct? I do like the silent approach they took with it not saying nothing about it and just randomly pop up with the news. This is pretty much the same approach Sprint is taking but we all know because it's Sprint it gets twisted in a bad way.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just saw the article.  Good job VZW.

• Like 1

Sprint just flipped a switch too: 

Sprint and Samsung Take Three-Channel Carrier Aggregation into the Field with Live Demonstration in Chicago

Today Sprint has deployed three-channel carrier aggregation on more than 500 cell sites in Chicago.

Today’s three-channel carrier demonstration at Soldier Field utilized Sprint’s 2.5 GHz spectrum to deliver peak download speeds of more than 230 Mbps. It also showcased live streaming of ultra-high definition 4K video and the blazing fast, high-bandwidth capability of Sprint’s LTE Plus Network. Participants were also able to experience a low-latency, high-speed, virtual reality system.

• Like 8

They did not "flip the switch" today. It has been live ever since the 3rd B41 carrier went live in Samsung markets months ago. 

You will need a software enabled device to access it which they have not pushed out to consumer devices. Such an update will push out when Nokia finalizes their software and deploys 3xCA on the network in a few weeks. 

• Like 4

They did not "flip the switch" today. It has been live ever since the 3rd B41 carrier went live in Samsung markets months ago. 

You will need a software enabled device to access it which they have not pushed out to consumer devices. Such an update will push out when Nokia finalizes their software and deploys 3xCA on the network in a few weeks. 

Hope they can get the software update to the S7 out by the end of September for my visit. ;-). 

Does 3 CA break 2CA for device not capable of doing 3CA. I swear 2CA is broken in my area. I called sprint tech. Support and they acknowledge there were problems with my top two towers but they didn't know what they were or what they were affecting.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Tmo adding $25 option to ul plan which allows unlimited 4g lte hotspot... --- they had to tweet their plans after criticism due to sprint having better plan

Unlimited hot spot, I'm sure that will do wonders for the network.
  • Like 5

I thought the same thing. Was surprised and read it a few times. But I guess if it's under network management it shouldn't affect it to much. But let's see. My guess is getting people on the plan and getting $100 or increased revenue and makes investors happy. Betting many will sign up to get it but in reality MOST will use reasonable amounts of hotspot~10/15gb a month...

Who knows, many will sign up to be grandfathered in I am sure. We will see

• Like 1

Hope sprint starts winning rootmetrics speed awards end 2016.

I would say they will but since verizon upped there speed im not too sure. Sprint will need 4xca to make that happen and there equipment is not capable of it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hope sprint starts winning rootmetrics speed awards end 2016.

All depends when it goes live nationwide and at what part of the RootMetrics testing cycle we're at. If it goes live before the end of 2016, we may not see the full impact on RootMetrics testing results until the First Half 2017 tests are done. If it goes live in early 2017 (as Marcelo has previously said in the Earnings Calls), we may not see the full impact until the Second Half 2017 tests are done.

• Like 1

I believe in the last count of cell sites here in the Chicago area as listed in the Premier forum section, there are somewhere around 1200+ cell sites around here. If Sprint is estimating over 500+, likely means only half of the sites are 3xca capable. Otherwise, Sprint likely would have used a higher number. Hopefully Sprint will get more sites with it, as it'll surely make a huge difference.

I read these plans are being released in a few days. Hence, the death of the T-Mobile network,which I haven't read any comments about how bad this will be for T-Mobile's network over at TmoNews.

• Like 1

I would say they will but since verizon upped there speed im not too sure. Sprint will need 4xca to make that happen and there equipment is not capable of it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I thought Sprint has the equipment to do this and beyond: 3/4/5 Channel Carrier Aggregation.

Our new LTE Plus network using LTE Advanced technology is a significant differentiator for Sprint and our customers.  It’s also the foundation on which we will roll out more LTE Advanced capabilities such as 3/4/5-channel carrier aggregation, higher order MIMO and more advanced beamforming, seamless WiFi integration and more.

Isn't most of it a pushed Software Upgrade to the tower sites?

All depends when it goes live nationwide and at what part of the RootMetrics testing cycle we're at. If it goes live before the end of 2016, we may not see the full impact on RootMetrics testing results until the First Half 2017 tests are done. If it goes live in early 2017 (as Marcelo has previously said in the Earnings Calls), we may not see the full impact until the Second Half 2017 tests are done.

That said didn't Marcelo say we would have the best network in 2-3years??? When is that time up?? Just curious 17/18?

They claim this but there equipment is not capable of it apparently.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

There's no need for 4 or 5xCA at least for another 5 or 6 years, may be more. 

If they can get to 256 qam and 4x4 mimo on one carrier, the current download speeds can be doubled to 600 mbps.  

Edited by Hmight

They claim this but there equipment is not capable of it apparently.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Yet. Right now devices ONLY support contiguous carrier aggregation. 

They'll need to implement non contiguous carrier aggregation to do so and that is likely to be late 2017+ as they need new UE hardware to implement such support. 

• Like 2