Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

So in the last 45 days Apple Maps has improved exponentially?

I assume this is way off topic but

The new version of Apple Maps is I believe a complete re-write and is more open than what I've seen from anyone else. Apple will be opening an "App Store just for Apple Maps" some might say plugins but it's really open and will add extra levels of integration that I haven't seen from others. So it may not be the fastest but it may be what I want.

Also I love mobile phones and that includes Android so I don't bash it. I just weight more than one parameter when picking a device or app. And I do prefer the level to which Apple protects my data and security.

Choice is good folks [emoji851]

Way of topic -- I suspect the map system Uber is developing for its drivers and potential level 4 Autonomous car projects -- will be amazing. But not publicly available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new version of Apple Maps is I believe a complete re-write 

It's gonna be hard for Apple to get over their initial debacle though. Especially when ppl compare bad software to Apple Maps..."It's Apple Maps bad" to quote a popular show

• Like 1

Which is ridiculous considering that Connecticut is a top 50 market

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, etc., are all top 50 markets, too.

AJ

• Like 7

Here maps is amazing but I believe it's end of Life after Audi and a few other automakers have acquired it and will be shuttering it.

Correct with Android you can enable any gps app to be defaulted.

I was only using the word stuck since there are really only 2 decent map apps - Google Maps and Apple Maps. (Waze feeds google maps and I consider it a gps with gamifaction skin but each their own)

HERE Maps has rapidly released updates after its acquisition by German automakers. There's absolutely no sign that it is end-of-life.

I was only using the word stuck since there are really only 2 decent map apps - Google Maps and Apple Maps. (Waze feeds google maps and I consider it a gps with gamifaction skin but each their own)

Completely disagree with this comment. The TomTom app is one of the better navigation apps available for any platform. If you want to go OSM then both the MapQuest and Scout are very solid as is the newer Inrix app.

They Google doesn't need to buy the data... it's a "feature" of Android.

I realize that they use their own locations services as an input. I'm referring to the Google's use of AirSage.
  • Like 1

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, etc., are all top 50 markets, too.

AJ

Not necessarily true. http://www.newsgeneration.com/broadcast-resources/top-100-radio-markets/?doing_wp_cron=1472130951.6330699920654296875000

New Haven/Hartford are #30. Besides. CT is so much smaller than those you mentioned.

Not necessarily true. http://www.newsgeneration.com/broadcast-resources/top-100-radio-markets/?doing_wp_cron=1472130951.6330699920654296875000

New Haven/Hartford are #30. Besides. CT is so much smaller than those you mentioned.

It is true it you are only looking at a state as a whole.  Every one is in the top 50...

You called an entire state a top 50 market. By that metric every state is equal. Furthermore, I don't know that I'd use media market DMAs to define wireless markets.

• Like 3

It's gonna be hard for Apple to get over their initial debacle though. Especially when ppl compare bad software to Apple Maps..."It's Apple Maps bad" to quote a popular show

I absolutely disagree.

I am a Google Maps guy through and through (even though tin-foil-hat people seem genuinely concerned about google knowing their location.)

With that being said though, on iOS, I really have an appreciation for both.  Google Maps is my go-to for turn-by-turn directions.  Google Maps itself loads faster, and the satellite maps also load WAY faster.

But Apple Maps wins the 3D stuff.  I am working in Montreal this week, and for simply exploring around the city, its much more robust on Apple Maps - even though it seems to take much longer to do it.  For turn by turn, google maps still wins, but just exploring around, Apple Maps takes the cake.

With all of that being said, if Apple could make the turn-by-turn stuff (including traffic) as robust as Google Maps, thats about all it would take to push me over the edge to be an Apple Maps fan as opposed to Google Maps. 

Does anyone know how to read this? 

http://www.allnetinsights.com/blogs/news/july-fcc-transactions?utm_content=buffer34282&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In the new pending assignments section, I see sprint and US Cellular have transactions to each other.  Are they swapping spectrum?

Also, It looks like July completed transactions show T and S completed their spectrum swap for 6 or 7 areas.

• Like 1

It is true it you are only looking at a state as a whole.  Every one is in the top 50...

I also hear that the New York Jets are a top 32 NFL team.

AJ

• Like 4

Does anyone know how to read this? 

http://www.allnetinsights.com/blogs/news/july-fcc-transactions?utm_content=buffer34282&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In the new pending assignments section, I see sprint and US Cellular have transactions to each other.  Are they swapping spectrum?

Also, It looks like July completed transactions show T and S completed their spectrum swap for 6 or 7 areas.

Interesting, looks like AT&T is swapping with Sprint in NY?

Hopefully that covers lake George as they are still on Pre NV1 status with dial-up 3G speeds lol

Spectrum availability has nothing to do with the Network Vision status in Lake George.

AJ

Spectrum availability has nothing to do with the Network Vision status in Lake George.

AJ

I just a quick search and really nothing I could find since 2012.

Do you or anyone know if/when they even plan to upgrade lake George ny?

Hopefully that covers lake George as they are still on Pre NV1 status with dial-up 3G speeds lol

That's not totally correct. While it is true that LTE is not available, NV equipment is in place, at least in GMO form, which means that RRUs and new base equipment is there. 

CT is a mess IMHO for sprint.

Have a family friend that works for Ericson, who says the same thing. Doesn't understand why the have a B41 site in wooded area in the middle of nowhere, with hardly any population around in Massachusetts Sprint has B41 site. With areas within CT where they really need B41 to help with congestion they don't add it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have a family friend that works for Ericson, who says the same thing. Doesn't understand why the have a B41 site in wooded area in the middle of nowhere, with hardly any population around in Massachusetts Sprint has B41 site. With areas within CT where they really need B41 to help with congestion they don't add it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

From my experience the b41 doesn't work well here. Not sure if it can't travel due to poor equipment or the hilly topography of the region.

My argument is the other carriers can make it work...

Now I know other carriers don't have b41.