Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Im sure Im late on this, but in case Im not...

Power Up to Play On: Sprint Stores Offer 50 Percent Off Mophie Power Packs to Ensure Uninterrupted Pokemon Go Play

newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/power-up-to-play-on-sprint-stores-offer-50-percent-off-mophie-power-packs-to-ensure-uninterrupted-pokemon-go-play.htm

• Like 1

The T-Mobile fanboys view this like a sports competition.  "Your team was eliminated.  Ha ha.  That means my team is better than your team."  It gives them an illusory feeling of superiority.

AJ

The network isn't even that great. In the Chicago area it's either overloaded beyond any usability or there's no coverage. I've seen a complaint on Reddit every day or two about congestion or coverage issues lately, I wonder if people are starting to take off the Magenta colored sunglasses and see the reality of it. 

• Like 4

I'm not a Reddit person so I decided to give it a try today. I search for each carriers forums and I get to the tmobile forum and I see a topic when sprint goes bankrupt....I just closed out the app and deleted it. Can someone please explain to me as to why T-Mobile diehards are so pressed on Sprint going out of business? They fail to realize if Sprint goes T-Mobile is pretty much over as well. They keep each other afloat.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

Yeah,  they should cheer Sprint going away then that 120mhz - 160mhz 2.5ghz will go nicely to AT&T and Verizon since the Sprint bondholders will want to collect their money. After  the twin bells become more powerful then they will squash Tmobile once and for all. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 3

Irony

Do tell.  Where or what is the "irony"?  Do you know the actual meaning of "irony"?

AJ

• Like 1

Do tell. Where or what is the "irony"? Do you know the actual meaning of "irony"?

AJ

Not irony. But I would like to point out that you described ALL fanboys, not just T-Mobile's. That includes some Sprint users on this site. In these fanboys' eyes, Sprint (or whatever carrier they follow) can do no wrong.

Not going to name the White Knights of Sprint on S4GRU, but y'all know who you are. They're just as bad as T-Mobile fanboys.

• Like 1

Not irony. But I would like to point out that you described ALL fanboys, not just T-Mobile's. That includes some Sprint users on this site. In these fanboys' eyes, Sprint (or whatever carrier they follow) can do no wrong.

Not going to name the White Knights of Sprint on S4GRU, but y'all know who you are. They're just as bad as T-Mobile fanboys.

I do not see regularly any Sprint fan boys like that, especially at S4GRU.  If they exist, they must be fewer and farther between than T-Mobile fanboys.  Or, at least, less vociferous and virulent.

No, there really is no comparison.  Aggressive T-Mobile fanboys take trolling to a new level.  Unlike some of us, they do no important work in or for the wireless industry.  Rather, they just snipe from the peanut gallery in nasty, juvenile, anti intellectual ways.  Seriously, have you viewed comments or posts at Fierce Wireless, Howard Forums, etc., recently?  They invade upon any mention of Sprint.  They shout down anyone associated with S4GRU.  They have no idea what legitimate work goes on here at S4GRU.  Or, if they do, they are envious that such a body of work exists for Sprint, not T-Mobile.  And some likely were former Sprint subs who wanted to air Sprint complaints at S4GRU but were told to do so elsewhere or were banned.  Now, they hold a grudge over a wireless provider.  How immature.

AJ

• Like 12

I do not see regularly any Sprint fan boys like that, especially at S4GRU.  If they exist, they must be fewer and farther between than T-Mobile fanboys.  Or, at least, less vociferous and virulent.

No, there really is no comparison.  Aggressive T-Mobile fanboys take trolling to a new level.  Unlike some of us, they do no important work in or for the wireless industry.  Rather, they just snipe from the peanut gallery in nasty, juvenile, anti intellectual ways.  Seriously, have you viewed comments or posts at Fierce Wireless, Howard Forums, etc., recently?  They invade upon any mention of Sprint.  They shout down anyone associated with S4GRU.  They have no idea what legitimate work goes on here at S4GRU.  Or, if they do, they are envious that such a body of work exists for Sprint, not T-Mobile.  And some likely were former Sprint subs who wanted to air Sprint complaints at S4GRU but were told to do so elsewhere or were banned.  Now, they hold a grudge over a wireless provider.  How immature.

AJ

The fact that you just wasted so much of your free time explaining this is riduculous. You shouldn't have to. It should be glaringly apparent.

Everything you've said is of complete veracity. The problem - at least for me - is that you've had to explain yourself at all.

• Like 1

The network isn't even that great. In the Chicago area it's either overloaded beyond any usability or there's no coverage. I've seen a complaint on Reddit every day or two about congestion or coverage issues lately, I wonder if people are starting to take off the Magenta colored sunglasses and see the reality of it. 

Definitely right about that, gusherb. My first day, well, evening on the AT&T wireless network was amazing. My mother and I went from home to Naperville and back, a 40-45 minute drive each way, while streaming Tidal HiFi music. No delays, music buffer, etc. at all on the network, which have been quite common on T-Mobile ever since the introduction of BingeOn. I'm also glad to know I can go in the basement here or to my aunts and still have a strong LTE signal.

Besides that, I'm going to help my mother get her smartwatch setup this week, so she can finally be done with her T-Mobile prepaid account she was going to change over to the Apple iPhone, but now to the smartwatch instead, but still needing to cancel the prepaid account she's had her several years old Samsung bar-style phone on. She's been having so many dropped calls on it, I wonder if any of it really is the phone, or just T-Mobile's lousy network here in Chicago.

Anyways since I can't see Softbank going after T-Mobile for purchase now that Softbank is spending billions to buy ARM instead of LEGere mobile, it opens up T-Mobile to the possibility of AT&T making an effort for it when a new administration takes control of the U.S. Government.

AJ

This reminds me to take a moment here and give credit to S4GRU for being a very fair place. I've had my share of disagreements with some of the members and staff here, but as those disagreements in discussion here have come and gone all to end up in peace here pretty much, shows how tolerant the site here is. People really do have to be outrageously out of control to get banned here, or even warned for that matter. With that said, people can state their opinions, views, etc., and be challenged, even sometimes a bit soft, or a bit harsh, but when all is said and done, it leaves benefit for all involved in some way, whatever it is for those who participate.

As I've been here awhile, I genuinely can't say I've seen any "fanboys". There've been a few people who've come close to it in some regard, but I can't say all the way about it. Besides, I dislike T-Mobile, but don't really carry a grudge against them, nor any carrier. Actually, I've had some bad dealings with a phone manufacturer and seeing how people just love them to a fanboy level some might think worse than T-Mobile fanboys to a degree. Yet, I'm not carrying a grudge around online about it. I know I may have to deal directly with the manufacturer eventually, bypassing the fans on their site and whatnot if I have any troubles, but I certainly wouldn't use Reddit or anywhere else to vent about it.

The most I do is to comment on my experiences as a fair notice to others, but not rant against them. T-Mobile for instance, I just can't take too seriously.

• Like 4

The fact that you just wasted so much of your free time explaining this is riduculous. You shouldn't have to. It should be glaringly apparent.

Everything you've said is of complete veracity. The problem - at least for me - is that you've had to explain yourself at all.

I think people need a reminder once in a while to check into reality. 

I gave up commenting on FW a while back because many of the comments tend to me pure dumbshit, no substance just twisting words and bashing Sprint because they know how to type.  Funny thing is, someone started using my name and began to bash Sprint. 

I don't understand many of those fanatics. It's not just sports. It's like a member of their family is assaulted when anything about Sprint is mentioned. It's weird.  

I like underdogs, but I was never a fan of Legere and Tmo fans didn't make it easier for me to like Tmo. 

Edited by Hmight
  • Like 3

RE Softbank, are the trolls and tech media going to sandbag Sprint from now on every time Softbank makes a move that doesn't involve Sprint?  Softbank is still a multinational telecommunications corporation with a market value of more than 65B  and an approx 80B enterprise value.  Future acquisitions that are cashflow positive to Softbank after all associated liabilities will grow the value of the company.  

Anything to disparage Sprint, I suppose. 

• Like 2

Sorry to jump off topic. I am looking for a list of 3x CA devices. Is there one floating around on the site? I have searched and came up empty.

Sorry to jump off topic. I am looking for a list of 3x CA devices. Is there one floating around on the site? I have searched and came up empty.

c400059c7f59d1d72876a6ab9c38145c.jpgbb9cfec738d412b07df0669345d0691b.jpg7c5dbe3ce3b68902f43c83d6ddb6af2f.jpga54c3aa7f2901c6bdb644488148753ef.jpga77bf8c1ef2443f06109be162c924cc2.jpg

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any one up for a good laugh, read this. http://www.tmonews.com/2016/06/t-mobile-three-channel-carrier-aggregation-testing-spotted-dallas/

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Is the "good laugh" the fact that all the commenters are complaining about crap service? Sometimes I feel like their network isn't handling all its new subs as good as it should be. AT&T has twice as many subs and some sites running the same amount of spectrum as T-Mo and yet it works fine or equally as bad (with twice the subs). I wonder if T-Mo even realized how big of an influx in subs they would be getting.
  • Like 2

I do not see regularly any Sprint fan boys like that, especially at S4GRU. If they exist, they must be fewer and farther between than T-Mobile fanboys. Or, at least, less vociferous and virulent.

Oh, they are here and there. The Sprint fanboys are like a doctor's note. Their only purpose is to excuse Sprint for every fault the company has. Whether it's here, the comments section of Sprint (and even T-Mobile) articles or Reddit; they're there apologizing and/or excusing Sprint for every little thing.

All fanboys are annoying.

No, there really is no comparison. Aggressive T-Mobile fanboys take trolling to a new level. Unlike some of us, they do no important work in or for the wireless industry. Rather, they just snipe from the peanut gallery in nasty, juvenile, anti intellectual ways. Seriously, have you viewed comments or posts at Fierce Wireless, Howard Forums, etc., recently? They invade upon any mention of Sprint. They shout down anyone associated with S4GRU. They have no idea what legitimate work goes on here at S4GRU. Or, if they do, they are envious that such a body of work exists for Sprint, not T-Mobile. And some likely were former Sprint subs who wanted to air Sprint complaints at S4GRU but were told to do so elsewhere or were banned. Now, they hold a grudge over a wireless provider. How immature.

AJ

All fanboys are aggressive. Are there more T-Mobile fanboys? Probably. But that doesn't change the fact that all fanboys are annoying, including Sprint fanboys. Ever seen a John Legere's bashing online? They get vile, nasty, and sometimes even creepy. (Whether those insults are warranted or not is an entirely different discussion ????)

Quite frankly, I never understood how someone could live vicariously through a company just because they are customers. Sprint and T-Mobile don't see people, just money. The faster everyone understands that, the faster we can accept criticism for T-Mobile or Sprint.

But enough about fanboys...back to topic please.

• Like 2

Sprint has its Fiscal 2016 First Quarter Earnings Conference Call on July 25th. I'm sure this SoftBank transaction will come up in the Q&A.

What I would like to see more than anything else even more so than postpaid gains is the cost/MB come down to industry levels and the operating margins, again around industry margins. 

Irony

Do tell.  Where or what is the "irony"?  Do you know the actual meaning of "irony"?

I see that you do not have answers to my questions.  Instead, you just hide, lurk, and "like" posts that also are wrong in their thinking.  How intelligent and forthcoming -- now, that is irony.

AJ

• Like 4

I see that you do not have answers to my questions. Instead, you just hide, lurk, and "like" posts that also are wrong in their thinking. How intelligent and forthcoming -- now, that is irony.

AJ

So subjective opinions can be wrong?
  • Like 1

Yes. Yes. Of course they can be wrong. Most of them are wrong.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Except for mine. They're all right. At least that's my opinion of my opinions.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

• Like 5