Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That's a good point. Indeed I am.

So what's Sprint supposed to do? Go barebones for the foreseeable future until it either merges with T-Mobile, gets bought out by someone else, or declares bankruptcy?

Where's Sprint left standing once the network densification project is completed?

Once upon a time a certain European mega telecom also didn't pour money into their American investment and let it flounder for a while. 

Long history short, said American investment became a very good investment with the right leadership, vision, and execution and the funding and support came.

I wager that Softbank will do the same thing as that certain European telecom entity if their American investment (Sprint) shows promise. 

• Like 5

It's double entry bookkeeping. Softbank gives Sprint money, you debit cash and credit... owners equity. I don't believe Softbank can own a larger stake in Sprint without taking it private and possibly running afoul of regulators.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

The original merger prospectus has a provision which outlines what SoftBank would have to pay for the remaining Sprint shares if its ownership stake in Sprint exceeds 85%:

Mandatory Offer to Purchase. The New Sprint certificate of incorporation as in effect at the effective time of the SoftBank Merger will provide that, in the event that the combined voting interest of SoftBank and its controlled affiliates in New Sprint exceeds 85% of the outstanding voting securities of New Sprint, then SoftBank or a controlled affiliate will make an offer to acquire all the remaining shares of New Sprint common stock at a price not less than the volume-weighted average closing price of New Sprint common stock for the 20 consecutive trading days immediately preceding such offer.

• Like 3

Arm is somewhat a profitable entity with a good positive reputation. Sprint...eh not so much.

Remember Softbank did try to sell Sprint and would have if there were any takers (there are none).

Actually false, Son said "he thought" about it, he didn't really put it on the table officially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original merger prospectus has a provision which outlines what SoftBank would have to pay for the remaining Sprint shares if its ownership stake in Sprint exceeds 85%:

Thank you. I remembered that there was some proviso that effectively capped their percentage of ownership.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While I want Sprint to succeed, I'm definitely not shy to criticize it for its misdoings. However, I'm generally more critical of Softbank's handling of Sprint, than I am of Sprint itself. I see Sprint having some great opportunities, though its going to take a lot of money to help bring Sprint back to being successful, by increasing network density and perhaps even low-band in the 600mhz spectrum.

Softbank spending billions for ARM definitely seems like a major rejection of Sprint to me. All that money could be going to Sprint, to which would help Spring greatly, if the money went to the right projects, namely NGN. Paying off Sprint debt would be good too, though I still prefer network investments, mostly in site development. Recently when Arora left, I thought this would mean more progress for Sprint. Yet, this bit of news doesn't make that seem so promising to me.

While I want Sprint to succeed, I'm definitely not shy to criticize it for its misdoings. However, I'm generally more critical of Softbank's handling of Sprint, than I am of Sprint itself. I see Sprint having some great opportunities, though its going to take a lot of money to help bring Sprint back to being successful, by increasing network density and perhaps even low-band in the 600mhz spectrum.

Softbank spending billions for ARM definitely seems like a major rejection of Sprint to me. All that money could be going to Sprint, to which would help Spring greatly, if the money went to the right projects, namely NGN. Paying off Sprint debt would be good too, though I still prefer network investments, mostly in site development. Recently when Arora left, I thought this would mean more progress for Sprint. Yet, this bit of news doesn't make that seem so promising to me.

Let's see how the stock market reacts today.  Aurora's departure and SoftBank's recent asset sales had given hope to Sprint shareholders about more help on the way.  That assumption may now be false.

• Like 1

Arm is somewhat a profitable entity with a good positive reputation. Sprint...eh not so much.

Remember Softbank did try to sell Sprint and would have if there were any takers (there are none).

We are all so sprint happy that most of us forgot that. Yes sprint is moving forward but not at the pace it would if son was really behind his words 100%. They say what we want to hear but aren't acting nearly as aggressive as they could be.

Actually false, Son said "he thought" about it, he didn't really put it on the table officially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's saying we never came to a formal agreement to put on paper.

What's to think about if you're the one making the pitch?

Until Sprint start adding real, numbers like 500k Postpaid phones adds and 100k prepaid Softbank will continue to see it as a dead corse walking around. Also why Softbank wants to to pay Sprint 33 billions debt in a saturated market. 

Rumors has it that Softbank really wanted to buy a mega wireless carrier Vodafone but since it has a, huge market cap it was outside of their reach. 

• Like 2

Let's see, with the exception of Intel, most mobile processors for phones and tablets are ARM based, that includes Apple, Samsung's Exynos, Meitek and numerous others. Oh and Qualcomm. The British government is loving this because of foreign investment. The EU really doesn't have a say in this not will they be able to put any conditions on it.

Funny thing is I see a lot of people becoming butt hurt assuming what Softbank was freeing up cash for and finding out it was for something else jumping to conclusions and now lashing out because there armchair CEO status caught them with the pants down.

It is what it is and no matter how much you want something to be, unless you were part of the planning process, you don't know a thing until it happens.

Well so much for the dreaming and back into reality.

And here is a little something I read this morning.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3988973-sprint-corp-bonds-likely-outperform-stock-h216

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Let's see, with the exception of Intel, most mobile processors for phones and tablets are ARM based, that includes Apple, Samsung's Exynos, Meitek and numerous others. Oh and Qualcomm. The British government is loving this because of foreign investment. The EU really doesn't have a say in this not will they be able to put any conditions on it.

Funny thing is I see a lot of people becoming butt hurt assuming what Softbank was freeing up cash for and finding out it was for something else jumping to conclusions and now lashing out because there armchair CEO status caught them with the pants down.

It is what it is and no matter how much you want something to be, unless you were part of the planning process, you don't know a thing until it happens.

Well so much for the dreaming and back into reality.

And here is a little something I read this morning.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3988973-sprint-corp-bonds-likely-outperform-stock-h216

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on its head with the fact that many are sour on Sprint because they were expecting Softbank to start pouring in Billions after the recent assets sale. 

It was a foolish thought from the beginning. It makes no sense for Softbank to pour money into Sprint when it doesn't need it. Softbank has already set up financing vehicles for Sprint.  1st quarter earnings is only one week away.  Everyone knows it will be positive, the question is how large of a positive. 

I expect 100-300 in positive net income on revenue of 8.0 to 8.2 Billion. 200 net phone adds. 

• Like 2

I was hoping that SoftBank would actually put some money in Sprint but so far Sprint is being self financed, as in debt financed. Oh well, they need to tighten their belts, which means that they have to let some people go in KC (sorry AJ), become efficient and enterpreunial and fight hard for every customer. Not to mention execute on the network side where they have failed miserably.

• Like 1

Sprint's stock price dropped sharply but it seems as though it's climbing back up slowly again. We'll have to see how it performs over the next week or so.

Sprint has its Fiscal 2016 First Quarter Earnings Conference Call on July 25th. I'm sure this SoftBank transaction will come up in the Q&A.

• Like 2

I'm not a Reddit person so I decided to give it a try today. I search for each carriers forums and I get to the tmobile forum and I see a topic when sprint goes bankrupt....I just closed out the app and deleted it. Can someone please explain to me as to why T-Mobile diehards are so pressed on Sprint going out of business? They fail to realize if Sprint goes T-Mobile is pretty much over as well. They keep each other afloat.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'm not a Reddit person so I decided to give it a try today. I search for each carriers forums and I get to the tmobile forum and I see a topic when sprint goes bankrupt....I just closed out the app and deleted it. Can someone please explain to me as to why T-Mobile diehards are so pressed on Sprint going out of business? They fail to realize if Sprint goes T-Mobile is pretty much over as well. They keep each other afloat.

Tunnel vision, they're so blind to see if Sprint goes out of business there'll only be three major national carriers causing price hikes. Almost no competition

• Like 3

Tunnel vision, they're so blind to see if Sprint goes out of business there'll only be three major national carriers causing price hikes. Almost no competition

True and that free party will be over. I do commend all that T-Mobile has accomplished in such a short time but it has never sat right with me almost like its a prep and prime to be sold off. But seeing that topic I just rolled my eyes because it's a obsession in Tmo land.

The T-Mobile fanboys view this like a sports competition.  "Your team was eliminated.  Ha ha.  That means my team is better than your team."  It gives them an illusory feeling of superiority.

AJ

• Like 7