Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Basically when Vox bought re/code a few months ago, they decided to send the Verge in a more editorial/cultural direction and re/code as the tech reporting site.

And another site goes down the drain -- to the lowest common denominator.  Such is life in the digital information age.  Maybe I should just kill myself to be free from this "garbage."

AJ

• Like 1

And another site goes down the drain -- to the lowest common denominator. Such is life in the digital information age. Maybe I should just kill myself to be free from this "garbage."

AJ

I hit thumbs up on your comment, then read the last sentence and decided to unlike it. Didn't want to send the wrong message.

Sent using Nexus 6P on Tapatalk

• Like 9

I hit thumbs up on your comment, then read the last sentence and decided to unlike it. Didn't want to send the wrong message.

That is right, Robert.  This is a test just to see who will "Like This" aforementioned post.

You passed the test.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

I just did some further research on The Verge. I think I knew that Comcast has financial influence over Vox Media, which owns The Verge. But I did not realize until now that founder Joshua Topolsky had departed and left The Verge in other editorial hands.

AJ

Ive had the pleasure of conversing with Josh a few times, and he seemed to have grown tired of the direction the higher ups wanted the site to go. It's unfortunate, the verge was once the culmination of a great tech site by tech lovers, now, not so much.
  • Like 4

Ive had the pleasure of conversing with Josh a few times, and he seemed to have grown tired of the direction the higher ups wanted the site to go. It's unfortunate, the verge was once the culmination of a great tech site by tech lovers, now, not so much.

That seems to be what happens as soon as Big Finance gets involved with a site.  Maybe the independently and collectively financed S4GRU has had it right all along.

AJ

• Like 11

Vox Media is best understood as a network of sites designed to be a stalking horse for putting mainstream Democrat-friendly talking points in front of audiences not normally inclined to pay attention to political news sites. Any factual or substantive content is there just to get the page views for their underlying political agenda. So the more click-baity the content, the better.

• Like 2

Vox Media is best understood as a network of sites designed to be a stalking horse for putting mainstream Democrat-friendly talking points in front of audiences not normally inclined to pay attention to political news sites. Any factual or substantive content is there just to get the page views for their underlying political agenda. So the more click-baity the content, the better.

Democrat? Tech in general is more left leaning/liberal friendly but I don't know if I'd agree that they are Democrat conspiracy sites.

The Verge has become more click baity though...maybe because there's profit to be had!

• Like 2

I thought that The Verge was a more intellectual site, above the "click bait" headlines of BGR, etc. I guess not.

And writer Nick Statt may not be an idiot. But he was wearing his idiot cap today, also grinding his axe against Sprint.

AJ

I hit Nick Statt up on Twitter today because his article griped that Sprint is advertising "unlimited access..." which they are doing no such thing. The phrase "unlimited access" does not appear in the Sprint release for this plan. He didn't respond.
  • Like 4

Democrat? Tech in general is more left leaning/liberal friendly but I don't know if I'd agree that they are Democrat conspiracy sites.

The Verge has become more click baity though...maybe because there's profit to be had!

Vox Media is significantly more than The Verge. The main website itself is definitely on the liberal side of the spectrum and their motto of "explain the news" should pretty much sum things up for them.
  • Like 1

Actually, political discussion is not allowed. No matter what we say, we torque half the people. So I like to avoid it like the plague.

Sent using Nexus 6P on Tapatalk

• Like 9

Actually, political discussion is not allowed. No matter what we say, we torque half the people.

But is it the right half or the wrong half?

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Actually, political discussion is not allowed. No matter what we say, we torque half the people. So I like to avoid it like the plague.

My apologies for bringing it up. Back to this thread's regularly scheduled Legerebaggery. :)

• Like 2

My apologies for bringing it up. Back to this thread's regularly scheduled Legerebaggery. :)

I hear that Legere prefers rich Corinthian leather baggery for his many company paid trips between Seattle and New York.

AJ

• Like 1

7e3f07ea0581ee463bf08fe34a437529.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 11

After looking at the new plans, there is one 8gb for $70 but what's the difference between that one and the unlimited $70 besides the 2g drop on the 8gb option? It seems like that's a redundant plan option. I don't see someone who would choose the 8gb option when you can get the full blown unlimited for the same price minus the speed drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://www.androidauthority.com/sprint-unlimited-2g-shameless-652741

The plans are OK, but Sprint chose the wrong name for it. This shouldn't be called unlimited plans because that is giving ammunition to the haters.

I think also what the issue is (correct me if I'm wrong) Sprint gave the illusion that the only option you have is just that 1gb when in fact there are other data option a person can choose from.

• Like 1

After looking at the new plans, there is one 8gb for $70 but what's the difference between that one and the unlimited $70 besides the 2g drop on the 8gb option? It seems like that's a redundant plan option. I don't see someone who would choose the 8gb option when you can get the full blown unlimited for the same price minus the speed drop.

And it's really $85, when you add the access charge.

And it's really $85, when you add the access charge.

I went through and noticed that but between the two you'll come out cheaper just getting the full unlimited if it's just for one person. Overall it's cheaper on the 8gb plan if your going to add more than one person.

• Like 2

For an indivdiual, you're right, the 8GB plan is redundant. But the way it's worded on Sprint's site, it looks like the 8GB is shared data. So you could have multiple lines sharing the 8GB for $70 (plus the access charge for each device). With the unlimited plan, it's $70 for the first line, then $60 for each additional line.

• Like 1

For an indivdiual, you're right, the 8GB plan is redundant. But the way it's worded on Sprint's site, it looks like the 8GB is shared data. So you could have multiple lines sharing the 8GB for $70 (plus the access charge for each device). With the unlimited plan, it's $70 for the first line, then $60 for each additional line.

Exactly, I just did the math and updated my post a few seconds before your response came in. I understand it fully now but when I first saw it was thinking why would they do that? But its crystal clear now.

I think there needs to be a definition for "unlimited data" defined somewhere.  When I hear "unlimited data", I think there's no limit to how much data you can use.  I don't think speed is part of the "unlimited data" definition.

Basically the new plan at $20 is ultimately cheaper than the same plan on T Mobile that the majority here have bashed for months.

The only good it serves is bringing more subscribers ... <or bad pending where you use the network> 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Edited by Johnner1999