Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Not me certainly! I only took the Speedtest because my connection seemed so fast and then did a Speedtest with my wife's phone to see how good her B41 performance was so her result was a real surprise

Where I get 2x Ca b41 I average 75-100!! It's like omg!!!

Then I hit a tower that doesn't .. Then it's like whoa!!

I would not complain but tmobile users would be like that's slow. There is nothing 20 mbps can't do that makes 60 mbps relevant. Unless your downloading a massive file, that's the only time you would see a difference. But it does mean there is plenty of capacity to go around so I will take that 60 mbps anyday.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm only getting 20/7 off Tmo here on their new sites in South Dakota. :(

I did hit 26Mbps once. Pings are decent, though. AJ has given me permission to run as many speed tests that I want when using T-Mobile. :hah:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 13

I'm only getting 20/7 off Tmo here on their new sites in South Dakota. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How long does it take to download a 200mb file? If it's anything more than 1 min your network is to slow [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Geeze before Marcelo got in, Sprint was like one big ol party within corporate. Oh my.

The looks on their faces when Marcelo said no more limos use Uber to get around on business trips. df713e2b7a2e5e59defd89e04405843d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The whole overland park compound is overkill, built in a time of fluff and excess. And it seems many of sprint's most elite were still very gratuitously taking advantage of perks that reek of a time long gone.

If theres one thing I would relish in a bankruptcy, its seeing Gary Forsee's $84,000 a month lifetime pension go up in smoke.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 10

If theres one thing I would relish in a bankruptcy, its seeing Gary Forsee's $84,000 a month lifetime pension go up in smoke.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was just out scoping Nextel sites to see if they still had gear up for pics. Funny to see this; mentioning I was hunting relics of the past.

• Like 1

Sprint executives were charging limousines and drivers to the company? Hilarious. :D

You really think that is unusual for a company of Sprint's size? I think that's pretty par for the course in my opinion.

Yes. The whole overland park compound is overkill, built in a time of fluff and excess.

That seems like an unsupported assertion.  As much as I fondly remember Sprint's corporate headquarters in Westwood on Shawnee Mission Parkway, it became too small -- with limited real estate for expansion.  Sprint thus leased office space at something like 100 different locations around the Kansas City metro, which is a physically larger metro area than many cities with greater population.  That scattered office space was expensive to maintain and inefficient for the workforce.  Sprint made the consolidation to the corporate campus in Overland Park on 119th St to ameliorate those problems.

AJ

• Like 2

I definitely support the idea of a company consolidating their business headquarters as much as possible to a single location. Sprint's corporate headquarters is so large, I can imagine how having it separated into different places would be very troublesome.

• Like 1

That seems like an unsupported assertion.  As much as I fondly remember Sprint's corporate headquarters in Westwood on Shawnee Mission Parkway, it became too small -- with limited real estate for expansion.  Sprint thus leased office space at something like 100 different locations around the Kansas City metro, which is a physically larger metro area than many cities with greater population.  That scattered office space was expensive to maintain and inefficient for the workforce.  Sprint made the consolidation to the corporate campus in Overland Park on 119th St to ameliorate those problems.

AJ

The economies of scale of building a 200 acre headquarters which ended up with its own zip code and intentions of housing 14,500 employees probably justified an amphitheatre, sports fields,  hiking and biking trails, an air conditioned planetarium, fitness centers, day care, three cafeterias, and luxurious executive suites.  And the 10 year tax break Sprint got for the development made it even better.   Had Sprint merged with Nextel and seen the "Lets go get Verizon!" line become reality,  then the headquarters would probably be even more developed today. It was certainly built based on a different trajectory than Sprint realized and in a time of plentiful funding.    But with 6,800 employees left in Overland Park as of late last year, its nice to read that Sprint is renting the vacant space out to other companies.  If the commercial rent they're collecting is exceeding the maintenance of the vacant space and funding the maintenance of the amenities, then it cash flows and is a good thing.  But if we're reading about cutting maintenance costs at the place, only Sprint really knows. 

And moving or selling the compound is not good business. As long as the value of commercial real estate languishes in less densely populated areas, the headquarters is a more valuable asset than the actual proceeds collected if it were sold.  

• Like 3

Man, if they did something like this for tablet data-only plans, I would :clap: .

Sprint should end overages for Mobile hotspot data and even family plans and just throttle down to 128Kbps like T-mobile.

This may be coming friday......

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 13

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/10/john-legere-will-use-t-mobile-plane-to-skywrite-a-message-above-verizons-headquarters/

Trolling at the highest level yet I think it's funny at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On a separate note....I'm not expert on cellular technologies, however....I think I just heard one of my favorite Sprint store managers give absolutely incorrect information to a customer. Someone who knows more than me please correct me if my assumption that this is blatantly incorrect is...incorrect. Here's what I heard the manager tell a Sprint customer:

If you want your Sprint phone to stop dropping calls, switch it to CDMA-only mode...this will give you more reliable calling and slower [obviously, because it's 3G] data. If you want faster data and less reliable calling, switch to CDMA/LTE mode.

Surely this isn't a line endorsed by Sprint corporate??? Sprint isn't using VoLTE in Virginia (if at all, anywhere) so all calls go over CDMA anyway....so this makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

On a separate note....I'm not expert on cellular technologies, however....I think I just heard one of my favorite Sprint store managers give absolutely incorrect information to a customer. Someone who knows more than me please correct me if my assumption that this is blatantly incorrect is...incorrect. Here's what I heard the manager tell a Sprint customer:

Surely this isn't a line endorsed by Sprint corporate??? Sprint isn't using VoLTE in Virginia (if at all, anywhere) so all calls go over CDMA anyway....so this makes no sense to me.

Maybe an issue with eHRPD, or handoff from LTE to CDMA.  I've actually heard that switching to CDMA/EvDo mode fixes a lot of network issues, especially with the Nexus 6.  But a manager probably shouldn't tell a customer to stay on 3G, because it's slow!

• Like 2

My assumption based off of your assumption (  :lol:  ) is that the customer in question uses an Airave?

• Like 1