Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

So I kinda ignored the rootmetrics reports for a while but revisited them today. I'm surprised Sprint isn't scoring better, I really am. Las Vegas aside (we know that story), I would expect Sprint to score better in cities like Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, where we know carrier aggregation is alive and well. Does anyone think Sprint is having issues with CA or perhaps some other technical reason that is holding them back a bit?

Looking specifically at Cincinnati, the average download speeds across all 4 carriers were within 1.7Mbps. That's much closer than one would expect when you look at the overall scores. I think that shows the network is performing better than the overall score would indicate. Unfortunately... it's still not good enough apparently. You would think speeds would be a little better, but oh well.

Pittsburgh is odd. Salt Lake looks much more like I would expect for this round.

• Like 2

Looking specifically at Cincinnati, the average download speeds across all 4 carriers were within 1.7Mbps. That's much closer than one would expect when you look at the overall scores. I think that shows the network is performing better than the overall score would indicate. Unfortunately... it's still not good enough apparently. You would think speeds would be a little better, but oh well.Pittsburgh is odd. Salt Lake looks much more like I would expect for this round.

Good point. And, yes, Salt Lake seems more in line with what I was hoping for (expecting?) this time around.

Because the market seems to be saying it only wants three carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint still has 50ish million subscribers (and going up slowly after years of decline) so there is room for a fourth contender. A rebranding will likely be necessary at some point though because the Sprint name has significant baggage.

• Like 1

Sprint still has 50ish million subscribers (and going up slowly after years of decline) so there is room for a fourth contender. A rebranding will likely be necessary at some point though because the Sprint name has significant baggage.

Sprint could have 100 million customers And adding more at a rapid pace, but if can only do those things by loosing money with no road to profitability there is no room for them in the market. Both sprint and T-Mobile have to show that they can earn a return on the massive investments they have made over the past 4 years or so in order to justify a four player market. Investors and analyst are skeptical.

• Like 1

Off topic and random:

Im watching the new smash hit* Crazy Ex Girlfriend, as the pilot aired last night:

"Is there a problem with cell phone service in West Covina?"

"I wouldnt know, I have Sprint and it's the bomb"

Wonder if Sprint payed?

*Maybe next week.

• Like 4

Off topic and random:

Im watching the new smash hit* Crazy Ex Girlfriend, as the pilot aired last night:

"Is there a problem with cell phone service in West Covina?"

"I wouldnt know, I have Sprint and it's the bomb"

Wonder if Sprint payed?

*Maybe next week.

• Like 1

I think direct 2 u is a waste of money and unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Given the way sprint does their budgeting I can't imagine this would get funded unless this is revenue generating.

Well that's a very odd response. Why would you even say that unless you are deliberately trying to incite an inflammatory response? If you wanna leave Sprint and hate them so much, f$cking do it. If you already have, stop worrying about it. End of story. #overit

Well that's a very odd response. Why would you even say that unless you are deliberately trying to incite an inflammatory response? If you wanna leave Sprint and hate them so much, f$cking do it. If you already have, stop worrying about it. End of story. #overit

Its not that I just don't see any need for someone to drive up and teach you how to use your phone. Probably because I know more than a rep could ever tell me. I guess I really mean its useless to me but for other less knowledgeable people I could see the benefit. If I hated Sprint I have better things to do than bash them on this site and give money to a Sprint supporting site. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I hate Sprint. I have something I dont agree with with all carriers.

• Like 4

AJ

• Like 2

Its not that I just don't see any need for someone to drive up and teach you how to use your phone.

Direct to you is a waste of money. If we were in 2009-2010? Great idea. 2015? Everyone and their grandma has a smartphone now. I'd bet most current flipphone owners today don't have long for this earth, aren't gonna be long term customers. Not the market Sprint should be targeting.

• Like 7

Direct to you is a waste of money. If we were in 2009-2010? Great idea. 2015? Everyone and their grandma has a smartphone now. I'd bet most current flipphone owners today don't have long for this earth, aren't gonna be long term customers. Not the market Sprint should be targeting.

Thank you! Someone sees where I'm coming from. Im pretty sure most people have had some type of galaxy or iphone and don't really need to be taught how to use them. Thats what the instruction booklet is for and tech reviews. Not hard to look on up they are all over youtube. Point is I barely hear people say they dont know how to use there phone unless they are old or one of those people that asks questions about everything.

• Like 1

This is why it's dangerous to use terms like "most." Only 55% of the US population has a smartphone. That's expected to climb to over 70% in the next five years. That's 45 million new customers for the carriers. That approaching the size of Sprint's existing customer base.

If Sprint can get even a percentage of that new user base by doing something unique then it could be worth it. No one here knows that that program costs.

• Like 5

People who post on a website about Sprint's Network Vision/NGN plans are in no way, shape, or form a representative sample of the population at large.

I could drive to a Pizza Hut and wait for a pizza to be made and then take it home to eat it, but I can call in my order and have it delivered. Same concept, different application.

• Like 6

Thank you! Someone sees where I'm coming from. Im pretty sure most people have had some type of galaxy or iphone and don't really need to be taught how to use them. Thats what the instruction booklet is for and tech reviews. Not hard to look on up they are all over youtube. Point is I barely hear people say they dont know how to use there phone unless they are old or one of those people that asks questions about everything.

I think both of you need to expand your world view. Think outside your bubble!

So many people could use this service, but you seem to be limited to your own personal experience.

• Like 4

I think it's a cool idea, you have those who aren't mobile, the person who is always busy and doesn't have time to visit a store and they have the service meet them wherever and those who are inpatient who wants it now and would rather not order online and their nearest store might be too far. I have family members who would gladly use that service because they can get their phone set up and ask all the questions they need to. So there's a market for this service. I think if it wasn't doing well Sprint wouldn't keep expanding it. I think also because we don't have any numbers being thrown around about how much it's being used it gives the impression that it's a waste.

Manuals are cool but who wants the read them or go online to find the answer when they can get a direct and hands on answer and tutorial from another individual.

• Like 1