Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Ah that is true, although Stanley HS (I think that's the name) is one of the better schools in the area regardless of sides.

Plus while there's semantics and technicalities to living on one side or the other (like school districts) the KC area is the KC area regardless of the border and most of the people who live in the area don't seem to care that there's a border in the middle. Except for the Overland Park people, god forbid someone includes one of the surrounding areas under that name :D.

There is no coercion involved. It's a lifestyle choice. If you want the New York or Chicago lifestyle then you live there but to complain like it is a negative that these smaller cities don't offer that is nonsense. People live there because they don't want that. But in actuality, most of these smaller cities actually offer both options. I've spent 20 years in the small market of Des Moines Iowa, about 500,000 people in the entire metro. There is a huge growth in urban lofts and condos with more coming online every month and there is also growth in suburbia.

But this idea that the Midwest forces you into working for one employer your entire career and doesn't offer spousal employment opportunities in unrelated industries is just nonsense. I'm not even sure how to respond to that but to try would be to dignify a ridiculous comment.

^^ this, exactly.

I've worked for several Fortune 100 companies in St. Louis. So has my wife.

The Midwest isn't just flyover cow-towns. There's some real happening stuff that happens between the coasts.

• Like 4

The Midwest isn't just flyover cow-towns. There's some real happening stuff that happens between the coasts.

That is not how a quintessential New Yorker views the rest of the United States...

243es0n.jpg

AJ

• Like 7

So shocked at the honestly in this post

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/08/t-mobile-improves-in-latest-rootmetrics-us-network-report-but-wins-0-national-awards/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Look, as an educated geographer, I am no advocate of urban sprawl. But are you telling me that Millenials like living side by side or on top of one another and using public transportation? They do not like having affordable houses with yards and being able to drive on non congested freeways to anywhere in a huge metro -- including those supposedly desirable dense urban districts -- within 30 minutes?

I did not know these things. But if they are so, just more reasons why Millenials are the most annoying generation ever.

AJ

I will give it this, traffic isn't bad in KC. And eventually us Millennials settle down and have a family. Then KC looks a lot better. Just generally not right out of college. Not much KC can do about the curse of being in the Midwest anyways.
  • Like 2

I tweeted at Sasha Segan, to give him credit the data set is available to full clients and he did disclose that. Still, that sucks because that locks consumers out of the real time data totals like what NetIndex had.

330c4636bb63415ca20c27e7219738fa.jpg

The comments section on that was not what I had expected.

I'm guessing all the people that bought into t-mobile's hype is starting to realize that T Mobile isn't as great as their advertisement make it seem.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'm guessing all the people that bought into t-mobile's hype is starting to realize that T Mobile isn't as great as their advertisement make it seem.

Sent from my Nexus 6

And that's when the eip comes in. People with multiple lines with hundreds of dollars in equipment can't just up and leave. #contract

• Like 2

And that's when the eip comes in. People with multiple lines with hundreds of dollars in equipment can't just up and leave. #contract

Making them extra pissed off.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sent from my Nexus 6

Should have spent the money on the network instead of TV ads...

• Like 1

Making them extra pissed off.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Well technically they can leave and for example come to sprint but sprint is only going to pay so much per line. The user will have to foot that eip bill until that Visa card comes in the mail but people with more than one line is going to do that.

• Like 1

I don't think T-Mobile is in the dire situation some of you are putting them in. The reality is...T-Mobile is a viable and very solid option for many people on both coasts...maybe not in between...lol

I recently switched some of my lines over to T-Mobile, and my experience has been excellent in Maryland. Just because T-Mobile is behind Sprint, doesn't mean T-Mobile is collapsing. Competition is good for consumers.

• Like 1

I don't think T-Mobile is in the dire situation some of you are putting them in. The reality is...T-Mobile is a viable and very solid option for many people on both coasts...maybe not in between...lol

I recently switched some of my lines over to T-Mobile, and my experience has been excellent in Maryland. Just because T-Mobile is behind Sprint, doesn't mean T-Mobile is collapsing. Competition is good for consumers.

That is true. I think the frustration some of us express is due to the T-Mobile fanboys acting like their network is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The reality is that both of the smaller networks still have a lot to improve. The duopoly still makes virtually all of the profit in this industry. I would love to have a cease fire between the Sprint and T-Mobile sides but as long as Legere leads the Magentans on their current path it cannot be. That's on him!

Legere sees consolidation of the two as inevitable and wants to be the one standing on top of the mountain, even if he has to share that mountain with Masa or Marcelo.

• Like 6

That is true. I think the frustration some of us express is due to the T-Mobile fanboys acting like their network is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The reality is that both of the smaller networks still have a lot to improve. The duopoly still makes virtually all of the profit in this industry. I would love to have a cease fire between the Sprint and T-Mobile sides but as long as Legere leads the Magentans on their current path it cannot be. That's on him!

Legere sees consolidation of the two as inevitable and wants to be the one standing on top of the mountain, even if he has to share that mountain with Masa or Marcelo.

Agree 100% on that. Marcelo is guilty of starting it on Twitter too now though. But the pink trolls are much more annoying than the yellow trolls (which are small in numbers).

Plus Verizon is still on another level than Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Agree 100% on that. Marcelo is guilty of starting it on Twitter too now though. But the pink trolls are much more annoying than the yellow trolls (which are small in numbers).

Plus Verizon is still on another level than Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I hate to be like "Legere started it" but he poked the bear a long time before the bear (Marcelo) started chasing him. Sprint is in a corner financially even with their network improving. They have to move units out the door which means they have to return fire. It sucks but it is what it is. 

Now I still don't see the real world evidence of four providers being sustainable long term, but nothing will change under this administration. It is what it is...

• Like 4

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Are you speaking of the Feds and their own dependent relationship with the Duopoly? 

There seem to be several levels of fanbois...two popular ones:

Your network sucks and mine is great and nothing you say, no data you show will prove otherwise (lots of TMO from what I've seen)

Our network is improving but we know we have a ways to go, but damn get ready when it's done. (Sprint)

I just don't see the rampant hatred spewer from Sprint fans that I do from TMO fans. Hence the comments were really, really surprising (Fabian excluded of course).

It's as if some of them think data is the only thing a phone is used for. I don't care if I can download a song in 12 seconds if I can't call my kid to tell her I'm running late picking her up from school (using BT of course since texting while driving is illegal!).

• Like 3